fromis_9 and txt are both on the verge of a big break through on kcharts, whats stopping them??

• fromis_9 with we go and dm, txt with lovesong and loser lover. all for of these songs had so much going for them. gp friendly, fandom favs, great concepts, great mvs, great styling. they were all like one good push away from at least hanging out on the bottom of melon's top100 for a good run. but there is just something keeping these groups from their big break. dm still has a chance to catch on since its fresh, but usually it has to happen in the first few days or its done.

i wish fromis and txt got all the attention they deserved for releasing bop after bop

who's your favorite artist?

• I can't speak for fromis_9 since I don't follow them but I think for txt it's the fact they're a 4th gen boy group. 4th gen boygroups find it hard to gain the attention of korea even though a lot of them do drop some really good songs. I think they just need to promote them to get more attention and slowly they'll gain a bit of public interest. Although, I will say that I think txt's next comeback will be quite big because haters are getting really loud. Especially on twitter which was literal hell a few days ago

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Fromis was very close with We Go, but I don't think their newest songs are as good or catchy so that explains the charting, they aren't just memorable

hm i somewhat agree but i do think dm is catchy and was definitely the right choice so its sad they can't completely regain we go's momentum.

• i mean i know for txt at least... much like all other bgs, the korean GP is just not interested in BG music (except BTS of course)... and they don't have a large enough fandom in korea alone yet to place them in the top 100. What they need is essentially their song to go viral in korea and than they would need to be able build on that hype. Whether that happens or not is the question to be asked and in all honesty its the same question for most bgs.

• not you all getting triggered by a comment. lmao.

and no, it wasn't shade. just facts. to be able to secure a hit, people need to listen to your music. simple as that.

• Still early for chart numbers, but they are doing well on the I-chart

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• No one is ever on the verge of a break out. It either happens or it does not.

Fromis_9 needs a catchy bop with a catchy dance move. I like DM but it's too lowkey.

Txt is a boygroup enough said

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I mean their music being good and gp friendly doesn't have that much impact. There are dozens of groups releasing quality, "gp friendly" music that go completely unnoticed.

Both are doing decently well... fromis_9 came back from the rigging scandal and the expose about how the contestants were treated pretty well all things considered. TXT is doing pretty well for a 4th gen boy group.

• what is missing for TXT to be a trending group is a big scandal or participating in a survival program or BH doing a passive and undetectable sajaegi, situations that are not going to happen.

Not only their title songs have decent streaming, but also their b-sides, they just need a hit song in Korea so they can get a good position on kchart, also have a group of constant fans who can help with streaming.

• what is missing for TXT to be a trending group is a big scandal or participating in a survival program or BH doing a passive and undetectable sajaegi, situations that are not going to happen.

Not only their title songs have decent streaming, but also their b-sides, they just need a hit song in Korea so they can get a good position on kchart, also have a group of constant fans who can help with streaming.

I don't think that's necessarily true that they'll need something controversial to gain attention, and while the survival program is partially true, I thing a group simply needs promotion to be successful. And not just company promotion but also the fans need to make effort to promote groups whether that's with tiktok, youtube edits, a dance trend etc. I think for a group to be popular, effort needs to be made from three sides: fans, company, group. Without all of these parties working together and capitalising on each others efforts, the group won't reach their full potential and success . For example, if a group posts a dance practice with what could possibly be a very addictive dance the fans need to make sure the dance gains attention, then the company should look at the trends and the company and group can use that. In my opinion bighit made a mistake in not promoting anti-romantic more and this may be an unpopular opinion but I think no rules dance could've gone viral if it was pushed more by both the fans and the company because I watched those dance practices so many times, it was addictive.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• The public listens to whatever they feel like listening. You have noisy "unfriendly" songs on the top and safe "friendly" songs on the bottom.

They need to go viral to get in the public eye.

but isnt something more likely to go viral if it is "gp friendly"? those two concepts go hand and hand. the truth is, the term gp friendly can't be used as a blanket for only one type of concept/genre vs another? im using other trends of the time to call the songs of txt and fromis "gp friendly", im not calling them that bc they werent noisy. i think the songs i listed HAD the potential to go viral based on my personal perception of the trends at the time, but they didn't bc of various factors

• I don't think that's necessarily true that they'll need something controversial to gain attention, and while the survival program is partially true, I thing a group simply needs promotion to be successful. And not just company promotion but also the fans need to make effort to promote groups whether that's with tiktok, youtube edits, a dance trend etc. I think for a group to be popular, effort needs to be made from three sides: fans, company, group. Without all of these parties working together and capitalising on each others efforts, the group won't reach their full potential and success . For example, if a group posts a dance practice with what could possibly be a very addictive dance the fans need to make sure the dance gains attention, then the company should look at the trends and the company and group can use that. In my opinion bighit made a mistake in not promoting anti-romantic more and this may be an unpopular opinion but I think no rules dance could've gone viral if it was pushed more by both the fans and the company because I watched those dance practices so many times, it was addictive.

That's true, but people are used to thinking that our fandom is made up of many ARMYMOA when in reality there are more male fans, Otakus. I hope this year we can have stable fanbases. Although BH will first want the fandom and TXT to strive for success when he practically didn't give us time to get to know them better when they were trainees.

• but isnt something more likely to go viral if it is "gp friendly"? those two concepts go hand and hand. the truth is, the term gp friendly can't be used as a blanket for only one type of concept/genre vs another? im using other trends of the time to call the songs of txt and fromis "gp friendly", im not calling them that bc they werent noisy. i think the songs i listed HAD the potential to go viral based on my personal perception of the trends at the time, but they didn't bc of various factors

HYBE has the connections, BH only has TXT and BTS where the fans have to do the marketing. If it wasn't for Universal's good management for TXT in Japan, I can assure you that there would be no OP for anime/drama. BIg HIt cares more about producing songs and now they are just getting their act together by giving individual opportunities to their artists.

• HYBE has the connections, BH only has TXT and BTS where the fans have to do the marketing. If it wasn't for Universal's good management for TXT in Japan, I can assure you that there would be no OP for anime/drama. BIg HIt cares more about producing songs and now they are just getting their act together by giving individual opportunities to their artists.

what? this makes 0 sense lol

• you guys still think non-BTS boy groups have a chance at getting a hit in korea? lol...

and yeah it's never been about what's "gp friendly", we need to stop throwing this word around. look at aespa, everyone here claimed NL would flop because it's "not gp friendly" but now look. the GP is just unpredictable.

fromis_9 I think can break out with the right song(their songs since they joined Pledis have been shit imo) but there's not really any hope for TXT. I don't even think they have the best chance of getting a hit out of all the active non-BTS boy groups.

• Fromis was very close with We Go, but I don't think their newest songs are as good or catchy so that explains the charting, they aren't just memorable

this song lives rent-free in my head

151863-giselle-umm-gif

• Groups that aren’t internationally known (just known generally) don’t seem to make as much of an impact when they come into the industry anymore. The Korean GP has been gearing toward more soloist focused music for years now. What boy groups even charted top10 anymore? (Genuine question)

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Exactly one year ago I was like maybe groups should do less noise and more bright songs and then aespa came out with the most random songs, step back is smashing either you have it or not, it’s about brand power.

Even ICE cream without any promo peaked at #6 on melon.

I think enhypen has a chance their b-side is rising fast on the charts.

• The korean public has been listening to idol music for decades, if you are not already a massive name or have a huge fandom you need to release something memorable and with a proper identity (specially for bgs), something that makes people go "that's good, it's catchy" is not enough because they have a lot of other pop choices. Korean public in general won't care about any non BTS boygroup release unless it's on the 0,0001% that gets viral. Groups like TxT will eventually chart better because their fandom size grows though.

• hm i somewhat agree but i do think dm is catchy and was definitely the right choice so its sad they can't completely regain we go's momentum.

Isn't very fun, at least not for tiktok which was the place where We Go gained popularity. It's a more mature and elegant concept, and the song doesn't have a part a memorable chorus like We Go. I listened to it a couple of times and can't remember it...

Explain how many other bgs got big without any of these things then. Are you insinuating all charting bgs that didn't participate on survival shows did sajegi or needed scandals to get popular? Seventeen, BtoB, B1A4, infinite, etc are examples that isn't necessary

• this song lives rent-free in my head

151863-giselle-umm-gif

That's exactly what I meant, something FUN! If fromis followed We Go with this song + pledis did a viral tiktok challenge, they would have gone big. I bet everything on that.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!