I think downvote system is not needed because people just gonna downvote people when they disagree.

• I honestly hate the downvote system because user just use it for disagreement. I don't know about other place, but sometime you get punished because you got too many downvote in a Reddit sub or sometime you get point off for getting downvoted in many other forum.

You obviously welcome to upvote for post that you like, but if you just downvote because you disagree a comment, It is just disguising how people can't accept other opinion. You can comment your disagreement under other's comment, but not downvote.

Or people just downvote because:

I am hater of X and I want to down any X praise from people.
    Or

I think in this controversy people should be on this side, and if you think other I'm gonna downvote you.

If people said something that is toxic, hate or that is against the rule. You can simply report them and the mods should do appropriate action if something is reported.

Conclusion, I think the downvote system is unnecessary because people simply downvote other with their disagreement. If some opinion were crossing over the line, they should be report them and mods should do appropriate action to ban/punish the users.

• I don't mind the downvote system, but I don't think Reddit should punish people for having a number of downvotes if they aren't breaking community rules.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Just a second, now that I know this exists, I need to downvote a few cannibalism articles that were making themselves around Neo City with absolutely no correlation to me. None at all. No, put that book down, we agreed you wouldn't eat me now! Have a great day/night!

• I think the system is fine the way it is. If there's a really bad take just you can use the read option so AKP doesn't even have a need for downvotes

The glasses reaction was a joke, just a warning. I actually understand that argument. Now YouTube on the other hand needs the downvote button in contrast. This way creators can see what percentage of people like versus hate their content and viewers, in general, can get a feel for how good or bad something is if they don't have time to watch the whole thing, so they know if they should save it or watch it later. Besides, negative comments could easily be hidden or removed. Sure, you could hide the dislike bar, but then people would notice something is up. People may or may not notice missing comments, depending on how many go missing. Other websites don't really need the dislike button as much, but I see the appeal behind it.

• I'm a dinosaur user and AKP had their downvote era once.

I'll never forget I received -40 votes in general just for saying that Kim Jaejoong is the most beautiful male idol imo.

So imagine how many people actually downvoted this opinion.

It's important to tell this thread was about discussing visuals.

• Yall are so soft it's just a downvote

Yes but as someone else mentioned in the thread a lot of people are getting concerned about how reddit is punishing users for having too many down votes <X So they are concerned about how it effects people's user stats, I have noticed on main site it does effect some user's statuses on their profiles. :watt: :watt:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• What the actual heck is wrong with those idiots? That's just mean. I'm okay with a downvote button, but only if it is used responsibly and maturely by everyone, not like this. Maybe there should be a penalty for misusing it on websites where it is an option.

• The glasses reaction was a joke, just a warning. I actually understand that argument. Now YouTube on the other hand needs the downvote button in contrast. This way creators can see what percentage of people like versus hate their content and viewers, in general, can get a feel for how good or bad something is if they don't have time to watch the whole thing, so they know if they should save it or watch it later. Besides, negative comments could easily be hidden or removed. Sure, you could hide the dislike bar, but then people would notice something is up. People may or may not notice missing comments, depending on how many go missing. Other websites don't really need the dislike button as much, but I see the appeal behind it.

Youtube removing dislikes was the nail in the coffin for so many people!

Jaejoong is so pretty though ;( tasteless people

• Youtube removing dislikes was the nail in the coffin for so many people!

Jaejoong is so pretty though ;( tasteless people

It really was and for good reason. I still use YouTube a lot, but I hate all the ads and removing the dislike bar. Oh well, I just suck it up and endure it. He is! What is wrong with society for us to spiral down this far? You think this guy looks good? WE HATE YOU! Where did we go wrong?

• I think downvoting is a good way to show that you disagree with someone's opinion because I am lazy and cba to reply back. You shouldn't be punished for it though unless you are rude or break the rules etc

• The glasses reaction was a joke, just a warning. I actually understand that argument. Now YouTube on the other hand needs the downvote button in contrast. This way creators can see what percentage of people like versus hate their content and viewers, in general, can get a feel for how good or bad something is if they don't have time to watch the whole thing, so they know if they should save it or watch it later. Besides, negative comments could easily be hidden or removed. Sure, you could hide the dislike bar, but then people would notice something is up. People may or may not notice missing comments, depending on how many go missing. Other websites don't really need the dislike button as much, but I see the appeal behind it.

I think YouTube removing the dislike bar has deeper meaning than just helping content creators.

Many politicians and their supporters will use this as an advantage to spread even more fake news and other bs on YouTube.

This was a political weapon imo.

• I don't like it either even though they have it on the article section which for some reason I cannot access now. I hope it never becomes a feature here as people will downvote an opinion just for the sake of it and to be smart. You'd never get anywhere.

• People take the visual topic way too seriously.

Agreed. I ignore the position almost entirely except when needed for the sake of discussion. If an idol is pretty, then I think they're pretty and if not, I think they're looks are not my cup of tea. It's not that deep. For example, Seungmin looks really cute in my opinion, but he's not regarded as a visual. Do I care? Not at all. Just relax people. Every country has different beauty standards, so if an idol is considered "ugly" in one part of the world, they might be considered "beautiful" in another. If me and someone else disagree about who looks good, I usually just chalk it up to different personal beauty standards and then ignore it. How other people treat it as more than that confuses me.

• I think YouTube removing the dislike bar has deeper meaning than just helping content creators.

Many politicians and their supporters will use this as an advantage to spread even more fake news and other bs on YouTube.

This was a political weapon imo.

Yeah, I forgot about that part of it. I can see how it could be interpreted that way. This would actually be an interesting discussion to hold on the politics side of the forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!