How idols manage going to school/college?

• I always wondered how much education idols really get. There are quiet a lot of idols with college or highschool degrees but I have so far never seen an idol opening up about their times at college, how they managed it, what their grades were etc. You often just find videos of "xx idol graduated from xx Uni with a degree in xx" and then the idols standing there proudly waving and getting photographed while I'm just sitting here wondering HOW the hell they did that while being full time idols, actors, models and whatnot else.

I also wonder how underage idols attend school when they're promoting so much.

I read somewhere that many idols from different groups have actually attended classes together or go to the same school or even graduated together.

But you never actually hear or see idols talk much about their education or their time at school. Is this topic somehow deemed as privacy and idols don't like talking about their school life and grades? Or maybe their companies make them lie and in reality they just get priviledged at school and graduate without attending many classes?

• Life of a Uni student

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Most of them attend classes when they're not promoting. I'm assuming that the companies coordinate with their schools to make sure they're getting assignments early so they can complete them during promotional periods. They're also probably only taking classes that are required (history, math, etc) and skipping anything extra.

For university they can attend remotely/online. idk about Korea, but the college I went to here offered "intenstive" courses which instead of being a whole semester long were anywhere from a week long to a month long depending on the course.

I would assume the reason they don't talk about their time at school is because their time is much different from most people. Like most people rarely talk about their coursework when they talk about their time in school. It's more about the memories of being in class and hanging out with their friends or even connecting with a teacher. Most of them don't really have the time for that.

• A lot of idols go to performing arts schools or do performing arts majors.

Kind of hard to fail a person literally living the curriculum.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had tutoring experts for the CSAT though.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Same way some athletes and actors do it, they get private tutoring, enrolled in "easier" courses/modules and a lot of leniency with teachers. Nothing wrong with it if they're putting in the work but I wonder how many grads pass with little to no effort.

Also we get one one of the funniest GIFs I've seen lmao

548bd971jw1ejlhicr7ppg209q05uhdw.gif

• I'm betting idols are the same as elite student athletes, they get supper easy work to not distract too much from their sport or career

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• they don't talk about it because they don't go to an average school like ours

most idols which i'm aware of have graduated the hanlim arts high school where they study dancing, singing, modeling, acting etc... it's not difficult to pass when you've already been a trainee and now a full time idol. everyone attending that school is there with the idea of becoming an entertainer so i doubt teachers are making surprised pikachu faces whenever a student tells them they're debuting

• do you guys know by any chance of idols who have studied something different than Arts or Acting, like a more "challenging" degree? (Nothing wrong with studying Arts)

I know for example that Sojin from girls day has studied mechanical engineering and she was just one out of 8 women in the program among 1000 students. That's imo very impressive for an idol.

I wonder if there are idols that like Sojin went for a more demanding course like psychology, medicine or natural sciences in general?

• yeah, idk. my only job rn is go to school and that's still too hard for me ;(

• Most go to a specific performing arts high school, the same way students here in the U.S. do. (Here in the U.S., child actors and models are also required to have on set tutors and time devoted to studies during their work schedules, just as they are limited on their daily work hours.) It's also entirely possible to manage a college degree with distance learning and/or night classes. Mostly, however, it seems like college comes for most later in their career or while they're out for injury.

Many EXO members don't just have college degrees, several even have advanced college degrees (masters' and Xiumin has a PhD.) I don't remember what they are all in, but several have MBAs IIRC (masters' degrees in business administration).

Kun is the only member of NCT with a college degree, which he earned during the time he was waiting for his debut in a permanent group. His degree is in Pop Vocal Performance.

TVXQ's Changmin also has a PhD, IIRC, which means he also has bachelor's and masters' degrees.

There's someone in a gg with a degree in mechanical engineering, but I don't remember who.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• do you guys know by any chance of idols who have studied something different than Arts or Acting, like a more "challenging" degree? (Nothing wrong with studying Arts)

I know for example that Sojin from girls day has studied mechanical engineering and she was just one out of 8 women in the program among 1000 students. That's imo very impressive for an idol.

I wonder if there are idols that like Sojin went for a more demanding course like psychology, medicine or natural sciences in general?

Onew did business degree, Taemin getting his MBA. JJong and keys thesis are both published in peer reviewed journals. Minho went to a prestigious school that is hard to get in.

They just took longer to take their degrees. Its understandable

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not KPop, but a Japanese idol once said that since he was very young (he debuted as he was 11) he literally woke up at 6am to to go to school and after finishing school at 3pm he went home and was in his company at 5pm and than stayed their sometimes till 11pm and mostly went to bed at 1am. He said on weekends he spend mostly from 8am to 6pm in his company and he had no free days.

This guy said it mentaly fucked him and he only realised it as he went to university. He left the group almost 2 years ago and said he would join them again when he finishes

I think many Korean (and other Japanese) idols do the same. I also heared how fucked life must be for some underaged idols who still go to school but have concerts troughtout the week where they sometimes can't go to bed before 3am even tho they have school on the next day.

A few years ago I saw a documentation on TV where they asked a boy who was actor in my country how he handles it and he said he mostly films on the weekend and up to 2 days of the week, depening on what scenes they were doing. He is a good student and so he learns more for school on the days he goes to school and this is the only way why he was even allowed to become an actor. He said he wouldn't know how to menage acting if he would fully go to school. Maybe there are some smart idols who do the same and work extra on the days they go to school to be able to miss some days

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Even though I was not working the time idols are but I also did my degree while working full time. Most idols need more than the usual student. It’s hard but most of them use subjects out of their jobs for their degrees and combine both. Remote universities also encourage people with jobs to do both and adjust their schedule

• Their schedules are probably managed by the agency together with the school/university; plus some leniency.

TREASURE currently have two members in SOPA, and four members recently started a semester (degrees unknown). Some of them dropped out of highschool and took GED.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!