Don't you think treasure has too many members?

Approved the thread.
  • I coudln't name 2 members to save my life let alone 7 or more :pepe-life-support:

• It doesn't matter If they have many or a few members, I don't know any of them anyway

• Yg wanted to make the next exo.12 members,a lot of visuals than usual,focus on vocal rather than rap like usual,2 units,4 members of different nationality.

• 12 is way too much that group is never getting big

• there ano members that are memorable…

• they're never getting big with that amount of members, too many fillers and visual holes tbh

• Yes. They look like they're only a couple members short of a choir on stage.

In my opinion any group with more than 7 members has too many though. Its not just them.

• Too many members isn't a problem, nct and svt has more. The problem with treasure is they don't have a face ( like yeonjun, hyunjin) Literally no one stands out they all give the same vibe.

• 12 is normal in kpop groups but I personally think that among these numbers really only 6 /7 are needed for the group to perform the best and the rest are just there to fill the 12 member quota

in conclusion yeah

• the number isn't the problem, even though 12 is A LOT for a group.

seventeen and nct have more members and they're doing fine. the problem with treasure is they don't have a "face of the group", a member or members who stand out and are recognizable by the non fans.

for example nct has mark, lucas, taeyong, heechan, jaehyun; seventeen has vernon, dk, woozi, joshua; treasure has ... yedam and maybe jihoon but only because he's a mc with yujin on inkigayo...

• Why are people here comparing them to groups that debuted 7 years ago? Of course you all think Seventeen has members that stand out after 7 years of promoting lol, meanwhile treasure only debuted last year and if I'm not mistaken only promoted 2 songs so far?

Personally I can't name any member from Seventeen aside from Vernon, and that's only because people kept saying he looked like young Leo when he first debuted, otherwise I don't even know his position.

Maybe check the group out and you'll learn about the members lol

• NCT does bit promote as all 20 plus people it's only 7-9 member sub units not the same.

• When yg debuted he debuted them as a visual group but they all look kid to me. They need to change their stylist and makeup artist.

Wait, he really debuted them with the title of a visual group? Wow..they are the exact opposite of that well umm good luck to the boys, nothing personal but we all know that kpop has never been about talents only and if you're not visually appealing to the public then..

• Wait, he really debuted them with the title of a visual group? Wow..they are the exact opposite of that well umm good luck to the boys, nothing personal but we all know that kpop has never been about talents only and if you're not visually appealing to the public then..

No actually he didn't exactly debuted them as a visual group but as a talented group of visuals.

• Wait, he really debuted them with the title of a visual group? Wow..they are the exact opposite of that well umm good luck to the boys, nothing personal but we all know that kpop has never been about talents only and if you're not visually appealing to the public then..

I'm confused you must be only looking at their bad photos. Their visuals look alright to me, I wouldn't call them a visual group but they are above average for sure. All 4 Japanese members are up there in terms of visual, the rest are from okay to decent. Only 2 members' visuals are below average but these 2 are irreplaceable main vocalists of the group so they get a pass.

• No, they have the same members as EXO when they debuted.

• I'm confused you must be only looking at their bad photos. Their visuals look alright to me, I wouldn't call them a visual group but they are above average for sure. All 4 Japanese members are up there in terms of visual, the rest are from okay to decent. Only 2 members' visuals are below average but these 2 are irreplaceable main vocalists of the group so they get a pass.

I have been checking out their music videos and tbh I don't really find them good looking, from what I have seen majority can agree with me but like it's nothing the boys can control or should be blamed for, it's just how the industry works, if your visuals aren't appealing then sadly you'll be thrown aside and replaced by someone else, even if they might be less talented

• I'm confused you must be only looking at their bad photos. Their visuals look alright to me, I wouldn't call them a visual group but they are above average for sure. All 4 Japanese members are up there in terms of visual, the rest are from okay to decent. Only 2 members' visuals are below average but these 2 are irreplaceable main vocalists of the group so they get a pass.

Actually the members aren't ugly but don't stand out.

• I have been checking out their music videos and tbh I don't really find them good looking, from what I have seen majority can agree with me but like it's nothing the boys can control or should be blamed for, it's just how the industry works, if your visuals aren't appealing then sadly you'll be thrown aside and replaced by someone else, even if they might be less talented

Well if that's how you feel then I can't be helped. Still I don't think members like Asahi or Yoshi lose to anyone in visual department, they look like the ideal flower boys to me.

Actually the members aren't ugly but don't stand out.

I can agree with this. Though with a good concept, good make-up & styling even an average looking idol can pop off. Sadly their company does not deliver on that front either.

• Why are people here comparing them to groups that debuted 7 years ago? Of course you all think Seventeen has members that stand out after 7 years of promoting lol, meanwhile treasure only debuted last year and if I'm not mistaken only promoted 2 songs so far?

Personally I can't name any member from Seventeen aside from Vernon, and that's only because people kept saying he looked like young Leo when he first debuted, otherwise I don't even know his position.

Maybe check the group out and you'll learn about the members lol

This. People were saying same of SVT, NCT, etc at start but watch how they are doing now.

I don't think Treasure is too much, it's just people aren't interrested now. If YG promote them better, they have a chance to stand up and be their own game. They have the talent and actually, many members are charming/funny seeing their Tmap series.

Just because people don't care rn doesn't Treasure have holes and no face of the group (they have Yedam and arguably Haruto)

• Yes I doubt even their seniors under YG could actually name all 12 members in Treasure.

Didn't Mino once say that there were too many of them so he didn't invite them to eat out? He was probably half joking but the point still stands.

• Some of you are pathetic, coming for their visuals

• The problem is the members don't stand out. Not necessarily their fault, YG should do better promoting them

• They literally have only 1 beautiful member and 2-3 average looking, the others...

visuals?? where are the visuals in treasure

Haruto,asahi,junkyu,yoshi,mashiho,jaehyuk and people consider junghwan & doyoung good looking too.Who do u guys stan then that are so attractive??

Wait, he really debuted them with the title of a visual group? Wow..they are the exact opposite of that well umm good luck to the boys, nothing personal but we all know that kpop has never been about talents only and if you're not visually appealing to the public then..

I have been checking out their music videos and tbh I don't really find them good looking, from what I have seen majority can agree with me but like it's nothing the boys can control or should be blamed for, it's just how the industry works, if your visuals aren't appealing then sadly you'll be thrown aside and replaced by someone else, even if they might be less talented

They are one of the best looking bg for me.Where did u see that a lot of people don't find them good looking?Even the latest thread about article where they pick top 10 best male visuals have two treasure members in it.

• Haruto,asahi,junkyu,yoshi,mashiho,jaehyuk and people consider junghwan & doyoung good looking too.Who do u guys stan then that are so attractive??

They are one of the best looking bg for me.Where did u see that a lot of people don't find them good looking?Even the latest thread about article where they pick top 10 best male visuals have two treasure members in it.

On twitter,facebook,reddit pann etc people are dragging their visuals. Just because you find them beautiful it doesn't mean they really are.just as because I don't find them beautiful it doesn't mean they aren't but when majority thinks they're not visually appealing then..

• On twitter,facebook,reddit pann etc people are dragging their visuals. Just because you find them beautiful it doesn't mean they really are.just as because I don't find them beautiful it doesn't mean they aren't but when majority thinks they're not visually appealing then..

Where did you find this "majority" of people? Did you conduct some kind of survey? I've been on reddit & pann often and never saw trending posts with people dragging their visuals. And you can find tw & fb dragging anyone, they are tailored experience based on groups of people you follow. You should provide some receipt of your claim if you want people to believe you badly.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!