why's one of the most skilled singers in kpop almost NEVER talked about

• i know WJSN in general is ignored by ifans but even when reminiscing IOI, she's usually the ones no one mentions despite being by far the best singer in both groups

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• its all about visuals in kpop and big4 if you dont have either of those you better make sure yougo viral with something otherwise...

• its all about visuals in kpop and big4 if you dont have either of those you better make sure yougo viral with something otherwise...

i dont even think its just visuals

kpop fans will make up some reason or the other to demand praise for idols they like and ignore everyone else even if the rest might be better in the same category

• because kpop is korean popular music and what makes it popular are the idols, not necessarily the singing skill of the artist

eh I mean Yeonjung was put into IOI ( so far the most popular GG to come out of all these public reality shows ) purely because of her skill

how can people acknowledge nearly every member of IOI and praise their skill and ignore the most skilled one in the lineup

• i dont even think its just visuals

kpop fans will make up some reason or the other to demand praise for idols they like and ignore everyone else even if the rest might be better in the same category

well why do you think people are sleeping on yeonjung then if not for the visuals or WJSN is not part of the big4

• eh I mean Yeonjung was put into IOI ( so far the most popular GG to come out of all these public reality shows ) purely because of her skill

how can people acknowledge nearly every member of IOI and praise their skill and ignore the most skilled one in the lineup

i think vocals is actually the least cared about skill nowadays, sadly. it's all about dancing power or visuals....or maybe it was always like this...

• i dont even think its just visuals

This. Sistar was from the same company as WJSN and Hyolyn (back then she was known as Hyorin) was hugely popular among KR gp for her vocals (around 2012-2014). She was everywhere on singing shows e.g. IMS2, collabs, etc . Her solo releases would always chart high on the charts. She doesn't have the visual standard that Korea likes. I do remember she was nicknamed "Korea's Beyonce" because of her body and sexiness added with her vocals. Tho unfortunately now her peak era has passed and she's not as popular as she used to be especially after Sistar disbanded.

Another example, is Hwasa , tanned and doesn't have the classic visuals that the KR gp like either. I do think her position rn is like how Hyolyn was back then. Tho Hyolyn was more superior vocal-wise and stage presence-wise.

Maybe Hyolyn had that it factor while Yeonjung does not.

I saw someone said the standard of vocals these days in kpop is decreasing and that could be true too. I guess there's some truth to an extent that people are focusing more towards visuals than talent/vocals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!