What career changes groups will make if China lifts the hallyu ban?

• Helllo this is my debut post!

Imo:

Bts: minimal change. Add cities for concerts.

BlackPink: career detour, other 3 members will get solo gigs and cfs. Slow down US promos and maybe even start releasing chinese versions of songs.

Twice: no change.

Seventeen: put as much effort as they put in Japan

Bigbang, ikon, winner: huge career boost esp bigbang could promote exclusively there.

What do you think? What about other groups?

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• BLACKPINK really wouldn’t change that much, certainly not to the point of releasing Chinese versions of songs.

At most there would be more CFs, probably US level promotion where they’ll perform once or twice and lengthy Chinese tours.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Official Post

Imagine how much BP could sell in China if they released an original Mandarin/Chinese song when HYLT sold almost 7M digital copies there and is a KOREAN song...oml

:pepe-life-support:

That's not gonna happen though LMAO, I don't think it's going to be very likely when they can't even release an original Japanese song.

But yeah I could defo see the other girls branch out for solo CFs and stuff if the ban was lifted, similar to what Lisa is doing with her solo deals and mentoring.

I also think groups like GIDLE, Mamamoo, etc would see a rise in popularity.

• Go Day6 they already have a Chinese version of their debut song

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• China did what? They banned KPOP?

:whatb:

I think no group can appear on TV or hold concerts.

No group except for 1 legend called T-ara. T-ara was the only kpop group allowed to appear in TV and have concerts I think. Yes the government specially gave T-ara permission T-ara China queens

They even held a huge ass concert

• BLACKPINK really wouldn’t change that much, certainly not to the point of releasing Chinese versions of songs.

At most there would be more CFs, probably US level promotion where they’ll perform once or twice and lengthy Chinese tours.

Didn’t their last 2 minis got Japanese versions? I’d feel like they’ll get chinese once they have better selling power there. Personally I feel like they won’t try as hard to build a US fandom If China is open to them and yg will focus more on squeezing every drop of money before contracts renewals

Your average ggs enthusiast...

Blackpink would change because the other 3 members would be able to promote in China. Currently on Lisa is able to promote in China cuz she Thai.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!