Why did the term “th*t” become popular anyway?

• Never heard of the term before but all of a sudden everyone was saying it alongside “yolo” but yolo got out of use but people still use the T word. This is like some redneck misogynist shit that tries to stereotype the nature of women, like the term “w*nch”. Kids really need to stop trying to imitate ignorant people

• thot is used seriously by a specific group of men on the internet. its a similar term to incel, something used to group a particular "stereotype" of people together but it also becomes an insult to people who arent actually in the group because people don't generally view that group positively.

who's your favorite artist?

• huh

who doesn't know what a th*t is lmao

I don’t keep up with western culture. I saw it being used often by kpop fans some years back. I saw what the acronym means but why did it get popular. Why is an insult that demeans women treated as something “hip”

• men just popularized the word to bring down women that dont want them. It literally means "that hoe over there". My older sister calls me it as a way of bringing me down, so I know its not meant to be a compliment when being called a thot.

• Um, maybe because I'm black, but from what I know, it's just a slang for whore/hoe and actually stands for "That. Hoe. Over. There." And was popularized by rap music. I could be wrong, but that's where I know it from.

Not surprised that so many people don't actually know the origin if that's where its from, considering how often people just use AAVE without actually understanding any of the terms.

I don't think it had anything to do with specifically incels, just your typical derogatory term for women.

• I don’t keep up with western culture. I saw it being used often by kpop fans some years back. I saw what the acronym means but why did it get popular. Why is an insult that demeans women treated as something “hip”

are you not from America, teshub? wtf lmao.

western or not, if you're on the internet as a grown adult there's no way you don't know what that means.

its been normalized to use the same way saying the other slurs and disrespectful things were. doesn't make it okay, normal, or justifiable.

• are you not from America, teshub? wtf lmao.

western or not, if you're on the internet as a grown adult there's no way you don't know what that means.

its been normalized to use the same way saying the other slurs and disrespectful things were. doesn't make it okay, normal, or justifiable.

It seems something the youth normalized. This generation knows the f word and r word are wrong but somehow calling women the t word was okay

• i thought its been common for quite some time

remember this classic ?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• i thought its been common for quite some time

remember this classic ?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

do you kids find this incel shit amusing?

Never seen that shit before

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!