Non EXO fans : what made you not check out their music or not like their music?

• EXO does two of my favorite songs in kpop: Don't Go and Peter Pan.

I still remain casually interested in their releases.

But I did get a little less excited about them when I realized as a whole that those songs and their style is kind of an exception in their discography.

I kept kind of casually exploring their releases hoping to find more of that kind of poppish earnestness.

But most of their stuff isn't really that style.

So while I still respect and pay a sometime casual attention to them from time to time. I'm more taken with those few favorite songs than them as a group.

• i used to really like their music during the Growl - KKB run

and I still think they were one of the most talented and hottest groups ever

but at one point their whole "experimental" think, which SM started doing for EVERY group since they started pushing NCT, took over the pure fun of their music and performances

its like the music became more focused on "ah the vocals, magnificent taste" "ooh so artistic i stan experimental kings" rather than "damn thats a good song i can play in the background and have fun while working" ( which is definitely true for Growl, my favourite exo title track; you can enjoy that song anytime anywhere )

and yeah at one point i just didnt enjoy their music anymore

and it didnt help their fandom ( always known for being egoistic af but recently calmed down a lot ) kept pushing for achievements and titles and feeding into this image
    EXO fans these days are really nice but I've seen a ton of really nasty ones some years back and it didnt help that they'd probably get high off of exo's fart sounds and shame others for not having "the taste"

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• That Poppish Earnestness was mainly in their XOXO album.. Because they haven't done fantasy-dreamy music since then

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• wow we basically said the same thing

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I don’t think EXO was ever experimental so I don’t accept that. Tempo wasn’t really experimental. It was unstructured but it was still very pop very vocal backed and EXO format. And love shot is as pop as it comes. And universe as well just pop ballads.

Maybe you thought obsession was experimental but it isn’t really. It’s not hard on ears but if it’s just one song you could just ignore it.

I can accept they’re not to your taste but EXO do r&b and pop and not music that’s experimental or hard to listen to. Not ever.

• Tbh this is the exact reason why I stan them! Thats are my least preferred sound EXO have done! I love those songs but they were only good for a young rookie group to perform and if they were doing it in 2016 I would not have followed or liked them.

• I like growl, tempo, call me baby, first snow and the eve

You have good taste.

Try some EXO CBX title tracks you may like it. They are fun and lively like the ones you like.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• EXO’s most experimental song is actually in 2015 before all that type of sound even started.

Probably EXO’s two most experimental songs. Iconic. And done right.

• I don’t think EXO was ever experimental so I don’t accept that. Tempo wasn’t really experimental. It was unstructured but it was still very pop very vocal backed and EXO format. And love shot is as pop as it comes. And universe as well just pop ballads.

Maybe you thought obsession was experimental but it isn’t really. It’s not hard on ears but if it’s just one song you could just ignore it.

I can accept they’re not to your taste but EXO do r&b and pop and not music that’s experimental or hard to listen to. Not ever.

You didn’t say what they said. Kek. They wanted pop sound and not EXO’s r&b sound. R&B is not experimental.

look

idk when you joined this forum

but back in 2018

holy shit

exo fans were screaming about exo being the most experimental group and shit

it was wild

u r m o m g a y

• That never happened. I’ve been in forums for a long time. You’re probably confusing being different or sounding better with “experimental” even if EXO fans claimed it was experimental it was probably just to gloat of some sort. Not because the music was risky or experimental.

EXO’s music never was and never will be experimental. Shinee and NCT are the ones with experimental sound in SM.

• That never happened. I’ve been in forums for a long time. You’re probably confusing being different or sounding better with “experimental” even if EXO fans claimed it was experimental it was probably just to gloat of some sort. Not because the music was a risky experimental.

EXO’s music never was and never will be experimental. Shinee and NCT are the ones with experimental sound in SM.

man idk how shinee are experimental but NCT yeah for sure

anyway experimental is not bad at all i just didnt like the direction exo took with their music at all

and it came out of nowhere

and i already explained their fans' attitudes back when they were still competing with BTS for the top spot

also, you can not just say I forgot what happened 3 years ago cause I was 17 and my memory is far from bad

this very forums

i remember pretty well

regardless, you got your answer

u r m o m g a y

• Yeah it’s ok to not like their musical direction. But it wasn’t experimental. They did vocal focused R&B which is the opposite of experimental.

Shinee’s music is very erratic and changed a lot and they tried so many things. That’s their strength. That’s what makes them special. It’s common knowledge. When you say this either you don’t know what experimental means or you’re just saying whatever lol.

Best to just say you don’t like their music! It’s valid.

• Yeah it’s ok to not like their musical direction. But it wasn’t experimental. They did vocal focused R&B which is the opposite of experimental.

Shinee’s music is very erratic and changed a lot and they tried so many things. That’s the strength. It’s common knowledge. when you say this either you don’t know what experimental means or you’re just saying whatever lol.

Best to just say don’t like their music! It’s valid.

im not going by my own feelings im going by what exo fans in these forums propagated

i dont care about who experiments or not as long as they sound good

man you really cant accept my views can you

u r m o m g a y

• im not going by my own feelings im going by what exo fans in these forums propagated

i dont care about who experiments or not as long as they sound good

man you really cant accept my views can you

I can accept views. I can’t accept wrong facts. Multiple ppl here said they didn’t like a particular musical direction which is valid. You used a wrong term and I corrected you.

EXO fan propagated” maybe use your own brains then otherwise you come across as looking silly. Like right now :pepepizza:

• I can accept views. I can’t accept wrong facts. Multiple ppl here said they didn’t like a particular musical direction which is valid. You used a wrong term and I corrected you.

EXO fan propagated” maybe use your own brains then otherwise you come across as looking silly. Like right now :pepepizza:

look

you either accept my original reply as my personal pov

or you say im a liar

there's no middle ground here

so I'll just go with I'm a liar, in which case, fair enough I cant do anything about it

u r m o m g a y

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!