Should Seventeen continue to incorporate more rock influences into their music?

• Do you think Seventeen should continue to incorporate more rock-elements in their songs? 19

1. Yes (16) 84%
    2. No (3) 16%
    3. Only in bsides (0) 0%

Note: I know some of these are lighter than others as far as how much rock influence there actually is but they all have rock elements and this is kpop so unless they're a band-type idol, we're not generally getting much of that anyways lmao

Was thinking about it after listening to Ruby's Band Live version. Two of my all-time favorite title tracks by them have rock influence. Even with other people, Clap and RWY are probably some of Seventeen's best received title tracks and when I look at the rock-oriented bsides, they also get really good responses from fans. I think the vibes match the members well and Woozi/Bumzu/other producers seem to generally have an interest in these songs and are good at them. The other members also seem to really like the sound as well (I feel like RWY/Clap are some of the title tracks they hyped up the most) so it's something they all enjoy. It also easily allows them to keep the bright/fun energy they debuted with but maturing the sound like they always talk about

Really hoping they go for another rock-influenced title track next comeback. I also think it would be nice as follow up to RWY if they make it heavier like a lot of people were expecting with this comeback and really go all out with it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know I always say I'm not a 2M1 fan but a lot of people like it so I'll include it

And this one was kinda a joke/just for fun but honestly I unironically enjoy it when 2:03 kicks in

What do you guys want for next comeback and does that include more rock?

• yes yes, clap and rock with you are my top 2 kr title tracks, i personally like their emoteen music the most but as of now, i feel like rock really fits their bright energy. bsides or title track, it's good to see them exploring more into this genre bc it rlly suits them

It also easily allows them to keep the bright/fun energy they debuted with but maturing the sound like they always talk about

exactly, it keeps their own style and colour but also try smt new bc rock is such a diverse genre

(im still salty how the most obvious rock song aka 'rock' is totally not rock at all lol)

• if svt and carats love it, then 100% yes.

• yes yes, clap and rock with you are my top 2 kr title tracks, i personally like their emoteen music the most but as of now, i feel like rock really fits their bright energy. bsides or title track, it's good to see them exploring more into this genre bc it rlly suits them

exactly, it keeps their own style and colour but also try smt new bc rock is such a diverse genre

(im still salty how the most obvious rock song aka 'rock' is totally not rock at all lol)

My thoughts exactly (though the only emo TT I'm a huge fan of is Home) and why Rock wasn't just called Rock My Head makes no sense lmao

Same tbh. I would love to see more rock-teen but we know they will bring new era/style for every cb.. which I love but sad that we don’t know when we will have another rock-themed songs :pepe-sad:

Well.... Clap was 2017 and RWY was 2021 :-) so... a while probably as far as TTs go lmao

• why does every hybe group suddenly have rock influences in their songs?

Besides TXT (lover=loser) and Seventeen, which other HYBE group has done rock-type songs recently? Seventeen's first one was back in 2017 with Clap though and have had other rock-influenced songs throughout the years so it might just be a coincidence they both did. If not, maybe it's an attempt to make music that relates to western boybands for expanding west? Not sure

• Besides TXT (lover=loser) and Seventeen, which other HYBE group has done rock-type songs recently? Seventeen's first one was back in 2017 with Clap though and have had other rock-influenced songs throughout the years so it might just be a coincidence they both did. If not, maybe it's an attempt to make music that relates to western boybands for expanding west? Not sure

enhypen with mixed up, attention please and their new song coming out on 10 january. Btw I'm not implying that seventeen is copying it or smth, more like hybe letting their other groups try smth like that too

• It's probably due to the recent regained popularity around rock music right now. Especially early 2000's rock music. if u avoid social media like Tiktok and Instagram, u could easily miss it

What early 2000's rock music? You mean like the Strokes or the White Stripes? I don't hear none of that shit in K-pop. All I heard is some stupid Broadway "rock" shit with hammering EDM beats.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!