[NB] IU's reps respond to controversy over differential treatment of fans

• source: IU's reps respond to controversy over differential treatment of fans

IU's reps respond to controversy over differential treatment of fans
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

AVvXsEhVfHtrtFzNLrrAaPG0uKJ0DJFQ0MSMLsapUwkrBlON_215Z-B3XYgwMxd8na80DGxeDzedP_Z1nULgQz5Uq8JC3IgKGwaZxxry_P4T08hf6_5HNf2n9OWBgUg56Asr9TaTB8GlZah101lmuE0jckiUc_w8E9HT6qSl1E3U8UjYAuA1EHcM9LHmFUvt=s16000

Article: IU's agency responds to controversy over only soliciting promotion opinions from her most famous fans

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+438] 'Named' has done a lot for IU and is someone who everyone agrees is a true fan, so I can see why they went to her for advice... I don't think even other fans would find this controversial.

2. [+275] I don't think IU's even the kind of person to discriminate fans like that. I don't think real fans would think much of this.

3. [+268] 'Named' is famous for a reason..

4. [+311] Well then who else are they supposed to ask? You don't really know who's a fan other than the known ones out there

5. [+75] I don't think this is IU's controversy but rather her fans. If you're her true fan, you shouldn't be dividing the fandom up and picking fights like this. IU did nothing wrong. Nothing wrong at all.

6. [+25] To all of the people saying 'Named' is famous enough... are you implying that it's okay for all of the other fans to be ignored, then? Her official fanclub requires a paid membership to join. We're all in it with our own money because we like the same singer. Within that fanclub, all fans should be given the same opportunities. You can't justify the company discriminating against certain fans just because one of them is more famous than the other.

7. [+29] 'Named' is someone who has poured that much of her own time and money into this. I think getting an interview opportunity is fair, and I don't find it problematic that she was given preferential treatment.

8. [+21] Why is this even a big deal

9. [+17] People aren't hating on IU, people are hating on her agency. They could've just picked fans based on a lottery within the fanclub but they purposely sought out 'famous fans' to give them preferential treatment not once but twice already. If this isn't discrimination, then what is?

10. [+9] I don't really find this discriminatory. There's nothing wrong with asking a fan who has more interest in her, who has done more for her for their opinion...

Context:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/edam-entertainment-releases-official-statement-in-response-to-speculations-that-some-fans-were-given-special-treatment

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Seems much ado about nothing.

Even if 'officially' IU or EDAM chose to reach out to some fans for feedback, and give them some merchandize as gifts, so what?

And this turned out to be not even official reach-out.

Only democratically elected governments are not supposed to discriminate between their citizens, otherwise private entities, individuals definitely can.

Typical fandom foolishness to get worked up over such things. I though Uaenas had a better reputation than this, but then fanaticism is fanaticism.

IU has broken a few 'taboos' of the industry - dating, releasing at non-chart favourable hours. I wish she does something about such fan culture as well.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• This is such a dumb 'controversy' , all created by the fandom itself over nothing..

Some members of the fanclub were upset because apparently the company had contacted non fanclub members about the documentary they are releasing soon. This spilled over to international twitter where the usual suspects started blaming edam for misshandling IU, not caring about i-fans, not translating to english etc. Another older issue with someone claiming to have bought signed IU merch via a company employee was also brought up.

Best part is, turns out

1) the one contacting fans was an external party who wanted to collect information ahead of the meeting with edam about the documentary

2) turns out the merch buying thing was some random fan who confessed they had misslead and apologized.

So both issues were not even edams fault to begin with.

Then twitter users got mad at edam for posting the clarifications on IUs twitter and not edams, and not posting translations etc. Many of these post are from the usual suspects that constantly demands that edam fire her stylists ands makeup artists, that their whole pr team should be fired or that she should leave the company.

Theres always been a small but loud part that thinks EDAM is doing everything wrong. Most of them seem to think EDAM and IU operates under a normal label artist contract, when in fact was created for IU and only exists because of her, and part of it is very likely owned by her herself.

Now they are upset at other fans for taking EDAM side and also refuse to take any blame in making this into a controversy thats even reported on in the media to begin with.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!