H1-KEY's Sitala comments on her pre-debut controversy during group's debut showcase

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

H1-KEY's Thai member Sitala addressed her pre-debut controversy. Previously, various netizens, both Korean and international, raised voices of protest against Sitala's debut after it was revealed that Sitala's late father had participated in Thailand's anti-democracy campaign. Afterward, Grand Line Group released an official statement to clarify that Sitala was a minor during the mentioned campaign.

Addressing the press in person for the first time as a member of H1-KEY, Sitala revealed on this day, "I want to clarify that I do not wish to express any political stance. I was very young at the time when my father participated in anti-democracy campaigns, and I did not fully understand the situation. However, I sincerely hope that the people of Thailand can live in peace despite their differences."

Source: https://www.allkpop.com/articl…ing-groups-debut-showcase

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Overall, it's not a bad response, but she was 18 when she was allegedly calling for and supporting the coup and blood/dirty money has allegedly paid for her schooling, lifestyle, debut, etc. so I totally understand that people aren't buying nor accepting her response.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• professional response

non-thai people probably don't know anything about the context, nor care

h1-key's debut is good for an uber nugu group

good song and performance, interesting concept, and likeable girls

• Not a bad response but there are photos of her indirectly supporting them even at an age where she was old enough to understand it. Idk, won’t support this group since her family is too deep into this political controversy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!