Leaked discography reveals Yoo Young-jin is the lyricist behind 'Girls on Top' controversial debut song "Step Back"

• Leaked discography reveals Yoo Young-jin is the lyricist behind 'Girls on Top' controversial debut song "Step Back"

AVvXsEh032p7g5CgqGIAa1zReQPdsDg2UnhYqMqXBPee3K7sS8rtA7QV8ppGElyxFmc_ITF14fa58ZKy-fLaVCVg_qlnJ-nMZagVpUR_ypIZmfdIV5OMpg3I9zfT9tV5GbcN8ahkXFqFRNoCcYKsBPLhcXwuYvUKv24UE4yi7XX2nczTEh8kHmcRZaV9C30TCQ=s16000

Article: "Lyricist of GOT the beat - Step Back"

Source: The Qoo

SM's new female idol unit made their debut on January 1st at SM's concert.

There's been a lot of talk lately about who the lyricist was after the lyrics caused controversy because they were so outdated.

Information came out recently that Ryan Jhun, who's under controversy, wrote the lyrics. There's even a post going around on Twitter and Katalk right now that has gotten over 20,000 retweets.

AVvXsEhANM-9BRzVXjmq8vzOWnqImXhlFGtzACb93Vdn48E7Rai7pQnhsZRhP_es_pwlWFhtVVn9AMzOYFS6tcttSC1oGGbxfEzPKyTFlJ1g92r-KcsKCd-xqK0DaiHyICsSzAaMcRV2k2enJoSS8Gu2CVVUQMuozWwteQWfug6e5gzvw0i95mQrfUk7QIE5Kg=s16000

But today, information about the new song came out and the lyricist was Yoo Young-jin. Ryan Jhun only participated in the composition and arrangement.

AVvXsEip_T1C2AWfftU2cLipdJsUUcigz1QK22zXXZgUMf-37SU07MOeTENzZcydo1MGTG_VeSlV_5dZAzgAactrjm2AzkbOtT7lk6q7BLu2gyUumd-hBTFUBbOpljzpg1gBStn5DHIEIU8X29xpKPdnWp_kq5Laej1Yt9I07FrlBg6jYbk_Reg8nek9-JdHWQ=s16000

1. So Yoo Young-jin really wrote the lyrics for Girls on Top? Why digress in 2022ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    2. Wow, so the person that wrote lyrics for Soshi's 'I Got a Boy' and 'The Boys' really wrote those trash lyrics?
    3. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    4. The song is decent but those lyrics ruined the whole song ㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜ It's a pity
    5. The only reason why Yoo Young-jin has been rising lately was because of aespa fans...so to find out that he really wrote those lyrics for their debut ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    6. Oh.. the company is problematic too.
    7. SM really gathered all those powerful idols into a girl group only to entrust the lyrics, not to Ryan but Yoo Young-jin?
    8. This is really making me doubt Yoo Young-jin's sensibility when it comes to music. Since when did he become a trendy composer?
    9. But so many people here swore at Ryan ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    10. Yoo Young-jin should be banned from writing lyrics. I really feel sorry for the members that had to sing those trash lyrics.
    11. Guys, apologize to Ryan..
    12. Ryan is so pitiful ㅠㅠ
  • The lyrics do kind of read like a boomer trying to write like a millennial copying gen Z

Exactly! everything he writes recently feels like this and it comes out cringe. His old songs were great and the reason why he is respected. Like stop this "hip" lyrics you're trying to force when it's not natural to you.

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!