One of the things that bothered me about The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

• My country's TV channel was showing The Hobbit movies on TV this December, and it was the first time I watched those movies. (I have read the book, even though I admit, I don't remember much of what I read.)

When Alfrid said "Not every man's brave enough to wear a corset.", I was thinking "This is historically inaccurate."

I'm no fashion historican, but I was like thinking like "I'm pretty sure they didn't call that a corset back then."

Well... according to a quick Google search: "The corset as we know them today may or may not have existed in the middle ages... The garment that we know today as a corset was known in early renaissance times as a body or pair of bodies, not a corset. Later, it became known as stays, then only much later, as a corset."

But this is a freaking fantasy movies set in Middle-earth, so who cares about historical accuracy?

Heck, I'm a bit too nerdy sometimes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!