Poll - Do these stages contain live vocals?

• Which clearly have live vocals? 54

The result is only visible to the participants.

I'm curious what we think live vocals sound like. Mark all the stages that you think you can clearly hear live vocals in (even if there is also some backtrack).

Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with lipsyncing. All groups have done it some times. Plus, they will all use at least some back track on music shows.

NCT U - Make a Wish

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(G)I-dle - Latata

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TXT - 0X1 = Love Song

EXO - Monster (Sorry, please click to watch on youtube)

Seventeen - Fear

OnlyOneOf - Libido

BTS - On

Ateez - Deja Vu

IVE - Eleven

StayC - Stereotype

Twice - I Can't Stop Me

The Boyz - Stealer

Monsta X - Beautiful

Stray Kids - Gods Menu

Aespa - Next Level

Itzy - Loco

GOT7 - You Calling My Name

Enhypen - Fever

• It's really hard. For my fav group i would say Itzy are not live for this stage, but for (G)I-DLE i can't tell. I don't know if they really sings live or if this is the recorded version for this stage :/

I felt like Itzy had loud backtrack, but I also felt like I could hear them sometimes (especially the girl with the pink stripe and the one who would sing after her) and that I was hearing doubling at the start and end of some lines like the live singing and the backtrack weren't matched up so I voted for live vocals but it was mixed for me.

For Latata, I felt like I could only really hear Soyeon's rap part for the most part so I went with lipsync. I still liked the performance. I love that song and think they have good stage presence.

• This Monster stage isnt live, but this one is

Edit: i was WRONG. Listened to it again and its live

8d7bf3dc7b80f89403017830b42f60678d944f94.gif c0e47699a2afe155bfec8b7da0e730118e834562.gif

Edited once, last by Minazuki ().

• I always have a hard time judging these things, and it really doesn't matter to me.

Especially with a hard or intense choreo, lipsyncing never bothers me. It's all about if the performance is good.

Oh no. I'm not implying that lipsync is wrong and all groups have done it at times. This was more about what expectations we have for live singing and if we can tell the difference nowadays. One thing I don't like is when people complain that the singing isn't perfect when perfect isn't really achievable live, especially while dancing. And when people praise idols for having "ate the cd" well, usually that's because it is the cd their hearing mostly lol.

• Oh no. I'm not implying that lipsync is wrong and all groups have done it at times. This was more about what expectations we have for live singing and if we can tell the difference nowadays. One thing I don't like is when people complain that the singing isn't perfect when perfect isn't really achievable live, especially while dancing. And when people praise idols for having "ate the cd" well, usually that's because it is the cd their hearing mostly lol.

Of course. I also find it funny that people don't realize that lipsyncing is a skill too. Especially to make it look believable without actually singing takes training and effort.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• This Monster stage isnt live, but this one is

I thought I could hear vocals in the other too, but yours does sound more live. This is hard lol

• TXT - 0X1 = Love Song

Live with loud backtrack. They did a lot of jumps, their vocal sounds shaking in some parts, clearly different with studio version.

I prefer this performance, with live band, no backtrack

• Live with loud backtrack. They did a lot of jumps, their vocal sounds shaking in some parts, clearly different with studio version.

I prefer this performance, with live band, no backtrack

That's the performance that got me to fall in love with the song. :) I wanted to keep things fair by only using music shows with full choreo tho. I think everyone should sing live if they're standing still.

As for the video, I think the backtrack is so loud that I can't really hear them much at all.

• You can hear jongin struggle at :31 and it’s a different volume since he’s literally killing him sellf dancing monster kekeke

External Content twitter.com

Anyway I don’t really consider music show performances for live locals for other reasons. They’re usually corrected in post. There are multiple takes so even when it’s live the final video may actually contain audio from a different take. Music shows are to see the choreo not live vocals Kek.

• You can hear jongin struggle at :31 and it’s a different volume since he’s literally killing him sellf dancing monster kekeke

External Content twitter.com

Anyway I don’t really consider music show performances for live locals for other reasons. They’re usually corrected in post. There are multiple takes so even when it’s live the final video may actually contain audio from a different take. Music shows are to see the choreo not live vocals Kek.

Yeah, sometimes it will sound totally live, warts and all, but won't seem to match. Those I assume are different takes.

I would do another for concert/ festival videos cuz those are more often live, but I couldn't get many people to even watch all of these! lol

• I limited it to people who voted cuz I didn't want people to be influenced by what others thought lol

1) Sorry for that lazy ass answer lmao 2) but I was in a middle of mini essay when the bell showed your notification so I'll just attach it to my response to you so I'm not completely useless in your discussion lmao it's my overall take on how many groups actually sing live on music shows

Most music shows are lipsyncing whether it's the original song audio or live AR to make it seem real. The performances that are actually live still use heavy backtracking so it's hard to even fully hear the live vocals clearly. Probably because people online relentlessly attack any small mistake so companies don't leave room for any. Or for a more positive reason, vocal rest for better live performances at concerts and other things. Kpop's need for absolute perfection unfortunately make it so basically every group lipsync performances at least a significant amount of times. And a large portion of music shows performances are lipsynced whether or not they sound live

For the next part: First things first, I'm bad at telling if someone is lipsyncing so sorry if I'm wrong. Not meant as an attack, I stan them

Anyways taking Seventeen since the Fear video seemed lipsynced (or at least very loud backtrack) to me so I'll use it for an example. Compare how they sound in that vs this video. Vocals aren't bad here but theres a few voice cracks and mess ups (1:48 for example, sorry Minghao). And thats with much easier choreography than Fear where they had "perfect vocals". If a vocal performance while dancing around on stage has 0 mistakes then it's not live because it's just not possible lmao thats the easiest way to tell imo

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yeah wow the backtracks are loud on music shows kekek I never consider loud backtracks proper live Kek. :pepe-hehe:

Lol yeah, they're not but I'll take what I can get. I just want to hear some real vocals even if they're supported by backtrack. I get that it's hard with choreo and in a music show environment with TV expectations.

I do expect concerts to be mostly live and also any performances where the singers are just standing still.

• This thread contains 56 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!