What was the stupidest rule you had to follow as a kid?

• the title explains itself... just say something trivial that your parents punished you for or a stupid rule you were forced to follow as a kid.

i didn't really grow up with strict parents and i got away with a lot of things. but i remember when i was eight, i was driving somewhere with my dad and he passed a red light. so i told him that it wasn't okay to do that and he pulled over on the side of the road and turned around. he was planning to get me ice cream but changed his mind after i literally only said politely that he shouldn't have ran a red light. he later took away my nintendo for this same reason. i had no idea what i did wrong and i still don't think i did.

i can't wait to see how far some parents of yours go lmaoo

• hmm there were a lot of things, but one of them is that if we visited someone and they offered me food, I had to look to my mom and wait for her to approve it

why? does your mom think other people sneak a gram of heroin into their food and hand it to a random kid? lmao

• This one is more invasive than stupid but once every month they would take my phone and go through it to make sure that I wasn't doing anything......

if they weren't your parents, they would probably get arrested for stalking... damn

parents these days ?(

• When I was 8/9 years old my father beat me every time I said "I don't care"

One day I was beaten because I had cut my eyebrow (I thought they were too thick so I cut them with scissors)

I also couldn't make up or paint my nails

In my country it is common to "hit" children but my parents always threatened to hit me for anything. I grew up very scared of my father because he was very aggressive and he thought he was always right

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• I remember that I could only go to a friends house, if they also knew their parents (which sucked), it had some exceptions, like when the friend was from our same neighborhood, but for all the others, no.

And also a time limit to go back home, like c'mon, I wasn't going to run way home if I didn't show up at 20:00.

• I grew up with a single mom who wasn't that strict. I had a curfew and I had to keep my room clean/help out around the house, but that's about it. My mom trusted me to stay out of trouble and be civilized out and about town.

It's not the stupidest rule, but the most inconvenient for me was that if I was outside playing or at a friend's house in the neighborhood I had to physically go home and check in with her in person before dark. I think it was mostly so I wouldn't just sleep at my friend's house every night cause I'd usually get distracted by something when I got home.

• well the only thing my parents were strict about was my education...as long as i did well they couldnt give a F what i'd do...but if my grades dropped slightly...YG dungeon would seem like paradise compared to my room

• that reminds me.... when my mom was a little girl, her dad used to to beat her with a belt when he got mad at her. back then, it was acceptable. but i could only imagine the shame you will get for beating your kids with a belt today, especially in my country.

• well the only thing my parents were strict about was my education...as long as i did well they couldnt give a F what i'd do...but if my grades dropped slightly...YG dungeon would seem like paradise compared to my room

my parents would punish me if i got lower than a C which isn't very strict for me. i was always a good student during my school years.

• My parents got stricter the older I got... like rn, I'm supposed to have scheduled times for entertainment and scheduled times for work :crys:

oh, and there was one time when I was supposedly "banned" from BTS/kpop in general...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!