[Naver]Korean fashion brand's 'Yale' logo hoodies have become one of the trendiest fashion item

• Korean fashion brand's 'Yale' logo hoodies have become one of the trendiest fashion item

AVvXsEjDUs_WDyYwERufYPo4InND6MY7Q1nKdtF5kcn_knrkFYQcrgYECke8haMXahkA_4sckgZrsxKbSwD9kvfES0iFK7thNfiVSV6A_RrxEMdZQmzafQDH04GofEq-DQnIxg3ZvEFsWtn5U7eyfPOl2gf0LPsMM6uPhIeq9XcVvzfmYaidrn8x2h2jmGj1=s16000

Article: 'Yale' logo on hoodies... 10 billion won in sales in Korea

Source: Seoul Economy via Naver

Fashion start-up Wiz Corporation convinced Yale University to give them licensing rights for the Yale logo. Within a year of launching, they've sold enough to rank #3 on fashion commerce site Musinsa, and are aiming to launch golfwear next year.

1. [+3,307, -85] I'd be a bit embarrassed wearing this if I don't attend Yale... They're not creating clout as a clothing brand of their own since people are probably only buying their products because Yale is a famous university...

2. [+1,247, -76] If I wear this, can I start writing Yale in my education list?

3. [+907, -35] Why would you wear this if you don't even attend Yale ㅋㅋㅋㅋ what if a foreigner asks if you go to Yale, I'd be so embarrassed...

4. [+449, -26] Korea has Seoul, Yonsei, and Korea University merch, and we laugh at people all the time who wear them without attending the schools... it's just as weird to be wearing Yale.

5. [+123, -3] Reminds me of the 'National Geographic' clothes that were trending... which is basically like walking around wearing a shirt that says MBC, KBS, or SBS ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+112, -7] I really think Koreans are so stupid ㅜㅜ

7. [+86, -4] I think kids will regret wearing it in the future ㅋㅋㅋ Imagine if we found out a bunch of Thai kids was wearing Yonsei hoodies as a trend, that'd be embarrassing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+74, -1] Just imagine a hoodie with Seoul, Korea, or Yonsei University trending with foreigners.... ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+74, -2] This is funny but there's also trending brands like National Geographic, Kodak, and even a CNN brand ㅋㅋㅋ why are people being like this?? ㅋ

10. [+48, -2] I can't imagine what the foreigners living in Korea must think. I'm so embarrassed as a Korean.

11. [+48, -1] It's not even official Yale University merchandise. A Korean fashion brand just bought the licensing for the logo and basically slapped it on Korean clothes. The same goes for other brands like National Geographic, Discovery, Kodak, etc. The quality is straight out of Dongdaemun with an international logo slapped on it sold at a huge markup ㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+30, -4] Koreans are already going around wearing National Geographic and Discovery merch.. what's adding Yale to the list going to do.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Americans must think we're a hilarious breed. It's probably the same as if we saw SEA kids wearing shirts with KBS, EBS, or tvN logos. How hilarious would we think that is? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

AVvXsEjQkxX0JLAkTR_TUXelSn5coAQ9Zig26oQhj7c9r_8vDoZNWjtu2nsf_FwPTppZg6wgVJf-TLmdNkKzEwRzEfFYLHDBdcIfR0T4VFX0GTlUUdeN6a-eMa_Wz14nNH2h8l1IDHLIYHWo06ZAZAr-9ZjSwRELW0SoWQ0VGlHH27IBEYBqLjTAqNmUfbt_=s16000

• Are they paying YALE for this?

I've seen similar things in like, H&M. Yale, Stanford, Harvard, idk. I live in Europe. 99.99 percent of people here never attended any of those. Those things still sellout.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!