What made you unstan somebody?

• Pinky_Peachy

Changed the title of the thread from “What made you unstan?” to “What made you unstan somebody?”.
  • lost of interest and less comeback

i used to be a really really big Infinite stan, they were the first BG i stanned

but they started to do less group comebacks and focus more on their solo activities

and in the same time i was discovering other group

and when they announced comebacks i wasn't as excited than i use to be

also they start to do something more westernized and go for a more "fuckboi" image and badass concept and i didn't like their direction so i unstanned them

i listened to their old songs recently an it's still good but when i try to listen to their most recent stuff i don't have the goosebumps like i used to have and still have listening to their old stuff

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• The main reason is I was trying to quit kpop as a whole. And failed miserably. Bcs I was tired. Disillusioned? I would say yes.

Some group I was able to unstan completely. Some still keep in touch, still listen to their released song.

• Everglow were my fav rookies but I lost interest in them I wasn’t excited about their music they didn’t wow me as much as BBC. Then they dropped first It killed all the hype.

Loona I really tried and I love their pre debut songs+butterfly however their new sound is a no no for me I lowkey liked PTT but not enough to stan them

BTS they were one of my ults until they dropped Dynamite don’t know why but I lost interest in them their new songs are meh imo

• Group 1: Loss of interest about the groups' dynamics (they basically stopped making group contents) and a member not leaving China after making a career there. I love their music tho.

Group 2: The Rap line is just way too superior and when they stopped being the basis of their music I lost interest.

• Group 1: Loss of interest about the groups' dynamics (they basically stopped making group contents) and a member not leaving China after making a career there. I love their music tho.

Group 2: The Rap line is just way too superior and when they stopped being the basis of their music I lost interest.

let me guess

group 1 is Exo ?

group 2 is bts ?

• why what happen to be so bad that you unstan ? usually fans have great experience at concert

and is group 2 monsta X ? or maybe ikon ?

firstly, when i was almost entering the venue, the staff there checking the tickets told me my tickets weren't legit and didn't let me in, there was no way it wasn't bc i bought it in person from the local post office which is linked to the concert organiser, but the post office printed my ticket on a piece of a4 paper instead of giving me the one on the cardboard paper(?) everyone else had(guess they bought online or directly from the concert organiser). anyway that staff didn't even bother scanning the ticket and told me to move aside, mind them i was only 14 then(yes it was legal for me to go without my parents by the way), so i got desperate and ended up confronting the staff, and she was really rude to me and it turned a bit into a shouting fess(i dont even know what was in the 14 year old me to fight with the staff but well i was rlly pissed, my inner karen just came out lol), the staff's boss(?) then came out, checked my ticket and apologised to me and they let me in, but i already missed my queue number in the standing pit so i had to stand close to the back(my original number was the first few), i was already very mad at that point and uk i was 14 so i wasn't that tall, i couldn't see much and during the concert, people kept pulling my hair and stepping on my foot while squeezing so close to me, the only good thing was that bts's performances were good to look at, jungkook was really handsome in real life(even though they were small like ants, i could actually see most of it through little gaps between people), i concluded i just got way too unlucky, next time im getting a sitting ticket if i ever go to a concert again(that one didn't have such tight security controls), or maybe i was just too young??idk lol

secondly, the latter one yes

• firstly, when i was almost entering the venue, the staff there checking the tickets told me my tickets weren't legit and didn't let me in, there was no way it wasn't bc i bought it in person from the local post office which is linked to the concert organiser, but the post office printed my ticket on a piece of a4 paper instead of giving me the one on the cardboard paper(?) everyone else had(guess they bought online or directly from the concert organiser). anyway that staff didn't even bother scanning the ticket and told me to move aside, mind them i was only 14 then(yes it was legal for me to go without my parents by the way), so i got desperate and ended up confronting the staff, and she was really rude to me and it turned a bit into a shouting fess(i dont even know what was in the 14 year old me to fight with the staff but well i was rlly pissed, my inner karen just came out lol), the staff's boss(?) then came out, checked my ticket and apologised to me and they let me in, but i already missed my queue number in the standing pit so i had to stand close to the back(my original number was the first few), i was already very mad at that point and uk i was 14 so i wasn't that tall, i couldn't see much and during the concert, people kept pulling my hair and stepping on my foot while squeezing so close to me, the only good thing was that bts's performances were good to look at, jungkook was really handsome in real life(even though they were small like ants, i could actually see most of it through little gaps between people), i concluded i just got way too unlucky, next time im getting a sitting ticket if i ever go to a concert again(that one didn't have such tight security controls), or maybe i was just too young??idk lol

secondly, the latter one yes

you were just unlucky i guess

• wait but why does B.I. promoting make you feel that he is shameless..

He got into a drug scandal not something actually that horrible.. he took his probation and given punishment, he is free to still have a career in smth he loves..

honestly, i'll rather not talk about it since it was so bad, but firstly, over here, consumption, purchase or any form of transaction of drugs can land you a life sentence, so yeah, this alone is horrible enough for me but i understand it could vary from people to people

but mostly, i hate how he lied, i remember very clearly, in the letter on june 12 2019, the day dispatch exposed him and he posted the letter on his ig announcing that he's going to leave ikon, he said that he said although it's true he wanted to reply on drugs to go through a hard time, he was too scared and fearful to do drugs, but now we all know he did actually took the drugs, that alone was a huge shock for me, he actually lied about it. i just felt so stupid at myself for being so upset for 2 whole months when he left. i admit shameless was too strong of a word. i apologise but i am mad seeing his face and remembering everything he's done even if he already went through the trials and all

but then again, its just how i feel, im totally fine with people supporting him, actually my best friend is still supporting him, we were both big ikonics then, she knows i hate him but through her i realised that since everyone are different so everyone have different views and that's totally ok, so ye dont get me wrong, i actually understand that others could forgive him even if i couldn't. also well its been 2 and a half years, and i was only 14 when everything started so i dont rlly have much hard feelings left. lastly, im sorry if my writing made you feel uncomfortable

• with all of my former ults, i just lost interest. the music wasn't even doing it for me so i just kinda gave up lol. all of my friends i had made through kpop[ also didn't like kpop so my interest generally shifted. the first to go was nct and all the rest fell from there. now i only stan shinee really because of the music and not necessarily because of them as people.

• I'm not so much of a stan and more of a supporter. I've de-listed acts for:

Consistently wack "drop the ball" music, making the same mistakes multiple times, etc.

• I feel like their company really doesn't treat them well except for the more popular members. They treated Sungjong horribly (he's still being unfairly treated, tbh). They forced him to act differently and it was so clear that he was very unhappy during that time. I feel so sorry for him because I can tell he's still struggling. He just recently called them out. IDK, it's hard for me to like any group where the popular members don't stand up for the mistreated ones. Especially this far in their careers, when they have lots of influence. I'm so happy for all the members that left. IDK why Sungjong didn't, maybe he thought there was nothing else out there for him, which makes me even sadder.

The main reason is I was trying to quit kpop as a whole. And failed miserably. Bcs I was tired. Disillusioned? I would say yes.

Some group I was able to unstan completely. Some still keep in touch, still listen to their released song.

I get that. Who did you end up unstanning?

my first ult, i had a bad time in their concert so i slowly lost interest after that but even till today i still kinda like them

second ult, one member had a drug scandal and left the group, i unstanned them after that, im still so mad that 'member' is still shamelessly promoting today

I read about your experience and I'm really sorry that happened to you. That sounds horrible. You were treated so poorly and you were so young.

Loss of interest/stanning way too early.

Did you ever re-stan somebody or did you unstan them completely?

List of interest.

:wellr:

Understandable.

not liking their music anymore

Oof, valid. Very valid. Sometimes that happens unfortunately.

I just lost interest in boy groups so I stopped stanning a lot of them.

Do you stan any boy groups now?

Everglow were my fav rookies but I lost interest in them I wasn’t excited about their music they didn’t wow me as much as BBC. Then they dropped first It killed all the hype.

Loona I really tried and I love their pre debut songs+butterfly however their new sound is a no no for me I lowkey liked PTT but not enough to stan them

BTS they were one of my ults until they dropped Dynamite don’t know why but I lost interest in them their new songs are meh imo

Loona's music is a hit or miss for me but I like a lot of the members and their solo/unit songs have some bops among them. I like some group releases.

I feel like a lot of their momentum was lost, unfortunately. They should've pushed their aces harder at the beginning, as horrible as that sounds.

Time

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Group 1: Loss of interest about the groups' dynamics (they basically stopped making group contents) and a member not leaving China after making a career there. I love their music tho.

I just knew the first one was EXO immediately :-(

why what happen to be so bad that you unstan ? usually fans have great experience at concert

and is group 2 monsta X ? or maybe ikon ?

You are a detective :pepe-notes:

I unstanned super junior in 2015 for loss of interest and lack of good music for me from that year and also years later

I actually like a lot of their newer music but I'm no longer a fan of the group. Just a few of the members.

never happened to me, but thats because I dont stan easily.

You're careful about who you stan, you don't give yourself out.

i unstanned happiness

happiness is too overrated nowadays :siptear:

The Japanese group?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Didn’t vibe with their music anymore so I lost interest

That's a reasonable reason. Did you stop supporting/liking all the members or do you still follow the activities of a few of your faves? Or you don't pay any attention to them at all anymore?

Started making bad music, too much CA, starting feeling immature instead of actually being funny, and fans are wild and annoying

Where's the detective from the previous page because I can't think of who this could be :eyes:

All the fillers made me lost interest

Fillers? PS?

Lost interest in their music.

Do you miss them?

was really into loona when they started showing the girls solo, kinda liked high hi and then nothing worked for me after that :pepecute: debut loona was legit clickbait.

Seems a lot of people think like that :pepe-sad: me included :pepe-sad:

Every group I unstanned was because of the music, each just went into a direction I found too jarring from what I was used too. Felt like entirely new group to me.

There are few girl groups I wanted to stan but either the company treatment of the members sucks or they probably will disband soon and I don't wanna get invested.

Relatable.

with all of my former ults, i just lost interest. the music wasn't even doing it for me so i just kinda gave up lol. all of my friends i had made through kpop[ also didn't like kpop so my interest generally shifted. the first to go was nct and all the rest fell from there. now i only stan shinee really because of the music and not necessarily because of them as people.

There's an important message in your post! STAN SHINEE!

I'm not so much of a stan and more of a supporter. I've de-listed acts for:

Consistently wack "drop the ball" music, making the same mistakes multiple times, etc.

I consider myself a supporter, too, for most groups I listen to.

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• i just naturally fell out ig. i grew out of their music and just kind of wasn't feeling what they were putting out anymore.

i listen to their older songs sometimes, not very often, though.

• You're careful about who you stan, you don't give yourself out.

I just dont fall in love easily. the group has to have sth special about them for me to stan them. as of right now I stanned SHINee for 10 years only. this year I fell for Hoppipolla too, which I though never would happen to be honest. so I stan 2 groups right now. but SHINee is still my no.1 <3

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• That's a reasonable reason. Did you stop supporting/liking all the members or do you still follow the activities of a few of your faves? Or you don't pay any attention to them at all anymore?

i don’t pay attention at all anymore. When I first got into the group there wasn’t much out there personality wise and when I did get to know them they just didn’t click with me. Usually if I vibe with a group a lot I will stick around much longer even if I don’t like some releases but I couldn’t with this group. I don’t dislike any members though, they’re still talented

• This thread contains 78 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!