[theqoo] Knetz call out Starship for giving only Wonyoung a standout outfit, and backup dancer outfits to the rest of the members

• source: [2021 SBS Gayo Daejeon] IVE - ELEVEN

[2021SBS가요대전] 아이브 - ELEVEN - 스퀘어 카테고리
    [2021SBS가요대전] 아이브 - ELEVEN
    theqoo.net

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Comments:

1. Oh, so only Wonyoung is in all-white, so it draws attention to her
    2. I thought the first part was a solo
    3. The part of the dance with fans is so pretty
    4. I thought the first two were performing a solo song
    5. It's really bad for the center to have such different clothes for any group
    6. The discrimination is so blatant
    7. They're pretty every day, but especially today
    8. I can't tell the difference between the backup dancers' and the other members' clothes
    9. The dancers are also dressed in black like the other members
    10. I don't understand why the backup dancers and the members are dressed the same
    11. Calling out the discrimination is not calling out the members and I don't know why anyone would think that. The problem is with the company. Wonyoung just wore what the company gave her.
    12. Wonyoung is really pretty
    13. If you look at them as a whole, Wonyoung looks like she's performing a solo because she sticks out
    14. Is it live?
    15. I knew there were going to be talks about their clothes while watching the stage
    16. If the dancers are in black, shouldn't the members be in white or something else?
    17. I was curious so I took this photo. The problem is not that Wonyoung is in white but that the other members are wearing the same color as the background dancers
      Rg4Kvj2.png
    18. Wonyoung is so pretty ㅠㅠ ♡♡♡♡
    19. Except for Rei's clothes, which are lacking, everyone else is dressed prettily?
    20. But the clothes are pretty, it's just that they are wearing a similar thing to the backup dancers

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I see what stylist tried to do but... failed

it seems like she wanted to do 1,2,3,4,5,6

and go from all black to all white

but should be better to make outfits half black half white for all members

and just three members with white top and black bottom

and three with black top and white bottom...

and then play with gold accents

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Groups did those combinations successfully before and it looked great. They'd have members in black, white, combination and the backup dancers would wear something that wasn't sticking out whatsoever so it was all good. I don't think this is a serious issue, but they should've done better. I see why some people are complaining and unhappy.

mKl7Ghm.png

• well seems like Starship is trying to kill other members momentum

to keep Wonyoung as the most popular members

bad thing is that if they continue like this, it'll turn out as another Miss A situation

and it's not the first time that Knetz talk about this, during KBS they were also talking about how Wonyoung was the only one wearing black and all the members had similar outfit to make Wonyoung stand out in comparison of the other members

211217 IVE at KBS Song Festival Red Carpet | Kpopping

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I've seen a lot of these comments before and I held back on translating them because I thought Starshit would realize they don't need to do that anymore as she's already the most popular member and stands out to people as is, but now the complaints are reaching new heights because they're really making her stand out intentionally, while the other members sans Yujin are like an afterthought. It's one thing when she's MCing etc., but when they're performing together?

The fact they gave the other members same outfits, some of which were not for their build (knetz said they made Liz look like a box in the outfit you posted above - they should've given her a white tennis-like skirt and it would've stayed in theme, and it would compliment her more) is sort of lazy.

mKl7Ghm.png

• External Content twitter.com

I mean, this is how it's done imho

mKl7Ghm.png

• External Content twitter.com

I mean, this is how it's done imho

yeah there's just no excuses for Starship

there's billions of Black or white clothes, they could find outfit for each members and not make one of the members stand out

• I feel like this is such an indefensibly bad styling decision, criticizing the company for this shouldn't be seen as an attack on Ive and/or Wonyoung. I feel like they are clearly trying to push her when she doesn't need it at all (because she's already a fast-rising star). I hate when one member is pushed to the expense of everyone else.

• I agree with everyone else. This should of course not become an excuse to hate on Wonyoung (since people always look for an excuse to hate on her), but they should definitely try to style them a little more equally.

I got it when she was Styles differently for KBS Gayo because she had an MC job, but there’s no excuse in this case.

They’re just doing the other members, especially the underrated ones dirty at this point.

• I got it when she was Styles differently for KBS Gayo because she had an MC job, but there’s no excuse in this case.

She was an MC, but even then she was styled so differently from every other MC. She looked like she was at a completely different event.

• They overdid it with her aegyo sal makeup and she looked a little weird. She is such a pretty girl but there's something off with her face at the same time. I can't explain it.

Although the other Izone girl, I can't remember her name, stands out the most in the group, I have to say that for a rookie group, they all have really good stage presence.

I can see them becoming bigger.

• They overdid it with her aegyo sal makeup and she looked a little weird. She is such a pretty girl but there's something off with her face at the same time. I can't explain it.

Although the other Izone girl, I can't remember her name, stands out the most in the group, I have to say that for a rookie group, they all have really good stage presence.

I can see them becoming bigger.

I honestly prefer Wonyoung with light, natural Make-up, it enhances her Fairy-like beauty a lot more.

And the other IZ*ONE members name is Yujin! She’s the leader of the group

• I mean they did the same thing for the outfits in their debut stage (and the MV). Everyone else had a little theme going and Wonyoung is in a cute pink dress that made no sense with everyone else's outfit and absolutely stood out.

• I mean they did the same thing for the outfits in their debut stage (and the MV). Everyone else had a little theme going and Wonyoung is in a cute pink dress that made no sense with everyone else's outfit and absolutely stood out.

Starship is turning the fans against the company AND Wonyoung, which sucks because she isn't to blame for this

mKl7Ghm.png

yeah i think it's their technique

she was the only one in a full vibrant pink dress

everytime i was trying to focus on Liz and Rei my eyes were drawn to a big thing pink

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!