The Best Japanese Drama 2021: Japan Sinks (Nihon Chinbotsu)

• Japan_Sinks-People_of_Hope-tp01.jpeg

From asianwiki:

In 2023 in Tokyo, Prime Minister Eiichi Higashiyama (Toru Nakamura) pushes for COMS at the World Environment Conference. COMS is a method to liquify pollutants and store it in the crack of the sea floor. Prime Minister Eiichi Higashiyama gathers young and talented bureaucrats and launches Japan Future Promotion Conference, which is to benefit the future of Japan. Keishi Amami (Shun Oguri) of the Ministry of the Environment and Koichi Tokiwa (Kenichi Matsuyama) of the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry are members of that conference.

One day, Yusuke Tadokoro’s (Teruyuki Kagawa) article is published in a weekly magazine. His articles warns that Kanto region will sink into the sea. Due to his article, groups begin to hold protests. To ease the situation, Keishi Amami meets with Yusuke Tadokoro, but Yusuke Tadokoro insists that in the near future, Izu Peninsula will sink and that will portend the Kanto region sinking. Around this time, Minori Shiina (Anne Watanabe), who is a weekly magazine reporter, talks to Keishi Amami about possible corruption between a company and the Ministry of Environment. Keishi Amami is uncomfortable dealing with everything, but he takes part in his hobby and goes scuba diving with Koichi Tokiwa. There he faces a shocking event.

• Usually I don't really watch drama with heavy plot like this. But since I already watch the anime series of Japan Sinks, I try to watch the drama, especially because the casts look promising.

The plot is very different with anime, which is more typical survival story with more sureal background. The drama is more real. How Japan dealing with Kanto which getting sinking deeper, how to save millions Japanese citizens. There're more political issue, family problems, and the struggle to leave our beloved hometown forever to move into foreign places. Overall, it's so satisfying to watch. The acting also great. Recommended!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!