HYBE is the only kpop label balancing well US and Japanese market right now

• HYBE is the only label I’m seeing right now not messing up with either that happen to be the biggest and second biggest music markets in the world.

JYP is right behind them but with the big sabotage they are doing with TWICE they are just plain stupid, the girls rising and reaching new peaks in the US but their new Japanese projects getting lesser sales and this is not happening after the new steps TWICE is taking in the US but something that has started since 2019.

YG is kinda doing good with Treasure but still lack of effort with their other acts, SM think is all about dropping stuff and move on and that applies to many other labels currently.

HYBE is the only label I’m seeing right now not messing up with either that happen to be the biggest and second biggest music markets in the world.

Do you mean BTS? BTS =/= Hybe, but you are describing BTS only here.

• Idk other groups' sales, but is this consider as good enough for less than 3 years old group in US?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In Japan, this is nice enough for a rookie foreigner group

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tubatu is doing really well in both markets

:yesr:

• Yeah, glad they're doing well. At least their profit can help to pay a whole team behind them and maybe Hybe's electricity bills too :pepe-notes:

Proud of them!

• :angryr:

Like the other hybe acts are doing similarly or worse than other label groups.

yeah sure seventeen aren't doing better than most other groups

and enhypen didn't sell a million album copies while still being a rookie

I think you're overestimating other groups

bts really is an exception, but other groups from hybe like enhypen and txt are not doing worse than groups from other companies who debuted at the same time. (skz is like the only group who doesn't do worse than them) Especially not in Japan (and USA) which this thread is about. Bts making 99% of their achievements look small, doesn't change that cause that's the case with like every group.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 5 times, last by lialve ().

• We can't compare enhypen and txt to bts, nobody is reaching bts' level anytime soon.. We can compare them to other groups, 4th gen groups etc. OP is right because both Enhypen and TXT are doing better than the other groups in Japan while also having really good results in US as well. Enhypen has one of the highest sales in Japan this year (the 4th gen group with most sales) and they also have some of the highest peaks on bb without even an us debut or promotion. TXT also showed incredible longevity on BB while doing well in Japan

• What you said about SM makes sense, they tried with SuperM, NCT127, and right now aespa but they seem like they're not being very consistent? Is SuperM going to continue as a group anyway? They're obviously made to promote in the US, even then it's barely working.

• yeah sure seventeen aren't doing better than most other groups

and enhypen didn't sell a million album copies while still being a rookie

I think you're overestimating other groups

bts really is an exception, but other groups from hybe like enhypen and txt are not doing worse than groups from other companies who debuted at the same time. (skz is like the only group who doesn't do worse than them) Especially not in Japan (and USA) which this thread is about. Bts making 99% of their achievements look small, doesn't change that cause that's the case with like every group.

Svt (or the others really) not making much noise in the US.

Seems like everyone is a million seller these days good for enha for joining that big club but they aint balancing anything as of right now.

and if u have to add qualifiers to hybe acts to stand out then i made my point.

bottomline, Other labels have acts doing similarly or better than hybe acts minus BTS in those 2 markets. So no, hybe isn't balancing anything better than others. Only their top act is.

• Lol only BTS is the outlier here. Hybe is doing similarly with their groups like JYP is. So if you are considering Hybe because of enhypen, txt,and maybe seventeen(not sure about their US presence) then you definitely have to consider itzy, twice and stray kidz who were also rising this year in both markets. Like Twice finally got a song that is doing well internationally for them. JYP deserves some credits too

That’s the only way I’ll understand your analogy

• Taking BTS and TWICE out of the equation, I think JYP and HYBE are doing about the same balancing now

BTS is an obvious anomaly, and TWICE is still doing heaps better than the rest of groups in both companies,

I think SKZ, ITZY, TXT, EN- are about the same popularity in US and Japan. Each comeback seem to get each group to surpass the other

Edit:

Treasure seem to be stronger in Japan than western countries, and SM (aespa) is the opposite

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• Svt (or the others really) not making much noise in the US.

Seems like everyone is a million seller these days good for enha for joining that big club but they aint balancing anything as of right now.

and if u have to add qualifiers to hybe acts to stand out then i made my point.

bottomline, Other labels have acts doing similarly or better than hybe acts minus BTS in those 2 markets. So no, hybe isn't balancing anything better than others. Only their top act is.

"Everyone" when there are like...Six-Seven groups that have become million sellers only.

Enhypen is doing better than Stray Kids, Treasure (big3 groups) in Japan and they're also charting higher in the US too..it's not about enhypen being bigger than the other groups or having the best achievements,it's about balacing their success. They're doing as equally good in Japan as they are in US. That's the point of the thread. Op would be wrong if txt and enhypen were flopping in japan but being successful in us or the opposite. They're pretty balanced in terms of success

• "Everyone" when there are like...Six-Seven groups that have become million sellers only.

Enhypen is doing better than Stray Kids, Treasure (big3 groups) in Japan and they're also charting higher in the US too..it's not about enhypen being bigger than the other groups or having the best achievements,it's about balacing their success. They're doing as equally good in Japan as they are in US. That's the point of the thread. Op would be wrong if txt and enhypen were flopping in japan but being successful in us or the opposite. They're pretty balanced in terms of success

yeah everyone considering how a few years ago that club was very excusive so lol.

Also neither is successful in the US and i know enough about other labels to know they have groups with "moderate" success in japan too. Ur selective comparaisons say it all. There are more groups than 4th gen bgs in other labels :angryr:

• Can't wait for when Stray Kids actually have distribution and promotions on US again so we can actually judge their popularity better there.

They started with Barnes&Noble for Christmas EveL, but that's about it :peperain:

8d7bf3dc7b80f89403017830b42f60678d944f94.gif c0e47699a2afe155bfec8b7da0e730118e834562.gif

Edited once, last by Minazuki ().

• yeah everyone considering how a few years ago that club was very excusive so lol.

Also neither is successful in the US and i know enough about other labels to know they have groups with "moderate" success in japan too. Ur selective comparaisons say it all. There are more groups than 4th gen bgs in other labels :angryr:

See, you still don't get the point. It doesn't matter if enhypen is less successful than stray kids in japan and more successful in us. The conversation is about finding a BALANCE - having equally good results BOTH in Japan and US. Enhypen isn't the biggest act in neither nor have they erased every other group, of course not. I'm just telling you enhypen (and txt) are very well balanced popularity/achievements/charts wise in both US and Japan.

And I know there are more groups than 4th gen but i am comparing groups that debuted around the same time competing in the same field. Okay, if you want a different example then Seventeen - they are some of the biggest kpop acts in Japan right now and their US popularity is increasing rapidly too so here we find balance again. Twice from jyp though - they gain so much us popularity but start to lose their jpn popularity.

• Can't wait for when Stray Kids actually have distribution and promotions on US again so we can actually judge their popularity better there.

They started with Barnes&Noble for Christmas EveL, but that's about it :peperain:

Interesting thread. I did not know skz didn't have a distribution deal in the US :eyes:

As expected, no label is balancing anything in the US yet. BTS is an outlier ^^

• Lol only BTS is the outlier here. Hybe is doing similarly with their groups like JYP is. So if you are considering Hybe because of enhypen, txt,and maybe seventeen(not sure about their US presence) then you definitely have to consider itzy, twice and stray kidz who were also rising this year in both markets. Like Twice finally got a song that is doing well internationally for them. JYP deserves some credits too

That’s the only way I’ll understand your analogy

nice afi

• See, you still don't get the point. It doesn't matter if enhypen is less successful than stray kids in japan and more successful in us. The conversation is about finding a BALANCE - having equally good results BOTH in Japan and US. Enhypen isn't the biggest act in neither nor have they erased every other group, of course not. I'm just telling you enhypen (and txt) are very well balanced popularity/achievements/charts wise in both US and Japan.

And I know there are more groups than 4th gen but i am comparing groups that debuted around the same time competing in the same field. Okay, if you want a different example then Seventeen - they are some of the biggest kpop acts in Japan right now and their US popularity is increasing rapidly too so here we find balance again. Twice from jyp though - they gain so much us popularity but start to lose their jpn popularity.

There is no success to speak of in the US for these groups. Kpop is a flop in the US as of now. ;( u can repeat sentences all u want those groups be struggling for bubbling under. So no there is no balance.

And u are still using 4th gen bgs, debuted around the same time qualifiers to make a weak barely there distinction.

My point is jyp has twice, itzy & skz with differing results. Yj has bp, sm has all sorts of groups doing moderate like all the others. so no hybe groups aren't "balancing" anything more than the others .

• BTS gives hybe a big edge but if you take them and twice out of the equation, hybe and jyp are doing pretty similar. SKZ, TXT and Enha doing better in US and NiziU and itzy better in Japan iirc.

Twice is doing very well in the US but obviously not bts level, so I guess that gives hybe an edge too.

So technically you're right, but without bts and twice I'd say it's hybe=jyp then yg/sm.

Hybe groups has better physical sales in Japan and Usa

Digitals probably same , not sure about Japan, maybe itzy in Japan(in 2020 surely , but in 2021 not sure , their charting wasn't good this year). Yes niziu doing better digitally

• See, you still don't get the point. It doesn't matter if enhypen is less successful than stray kids in japan and more successful in us. The conversation is about finding a BALANCE - having equally good results BOTH in Japan and US. Enhypen isn't the biggest act in neither nor have they erased every other group, of course not. I'm just telling you enhypen (and txt) are very well balanced popularity/achievements/charts wise in both US and Japan.

Oh so like, comparing with the group's own achievements you mean? Then I see your point ig. Txt and enha do similarly in US and Japan. Idk about seventeen but I think they do better in Japan? And twice obviously does better in Japan, so does NiziU. I'm not sure about skz and itzy tho.

• Interesting thread. I did not know skz didn't have a distribution deal in the US

They don't. Stays bullied Division 1 in all the Stray Kids social media for months during Noeasy, because they weren't selling Stray Kids albums on the biggest stores. They also don't have their own shop similar to Twice and Itzy for american fans to purchase (similar to how Weverse Shop works for you to have an idea). So their american fans buy on Korea shops. That's why they sell like 1,3M, but dont chart even on Top 200 Billboard despite their good american fanbase.

As expected, no label is balancing anything in the US yet. BTS is an outlier

"Balance" is too relative. BTS is the only group that is big is both markets. But you can also find a "balance" in average popularity in both markets and no popularity at all in both markets is also a "balance" lmao

• This thread contains 114 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!