don't you think snowdrop directors and producers make jisoo a scapegoat in this controversy ?

• I personally believe both directors and producers except backlash to snowdrop from koreans for involving a sensitive issue in the drama. i feel like they choose jisoo because of her and bp popularity in international most of the blinks and international fans doesn't care and known korean history. And blinks are waiting for jisoo drama for such a long time so no matter what happened they continuously defend the drama for better or worse

Anyway it is really sad i didn't watch kdramas or hyped for it now it is all for nothing and snowdrop is cancelled we may not seen jisoo in another drama the incident may be set her back and become more cautious

• look jisoo is a grown woman and I she must have read the script before joining the show. So did the other famous actors.

I'm not sure why the overlooked such red flags tho. But I don't think they deserve hate.

I think trying to paint jisoo as a victim doesn't really help this situation. Its about the distortion of history and koreans democratic movement.

I hope you can understand

• I actually think Jung Haein got the bigger backlash. Like we may only see what is happening to Jisoo but Jung Haein is the name that is being spoken in the Korean media.

The criticism of BP and Jisoo is just a small ripple compared to Jung Haein's criticism. That interview with HB mag had put him in hot water.

• I actually think Jung Haein got the bigger backlash. Like we may only see what is happening to Jisoo but Jung Haein is the name that is being spoken in the Korean media.

The criticism of BP and Jisoo is just a small ripple compared to Jung Haein's criticism. That interview with HB mag had put him in hot water.

I saw how Korean talk about how he has ended his own career, how dumb he is and how he have 0 future left etc.. Kinda vile at least for Jisoo it is because of twitter fucks so they got triggered but Jung Hae In backlash is insane..

• That’s easy. Jung Haein also receives a tons of hate. As for Jisoo, I think those “fans“ should be partially blamed who ridiculed the concerns of Koreans and even spamed under relatives of victims. They literally made it worse for her

• The reason why JTBC didn’t cancel the show yet it’s because they have nothing to lose maybe in Korea but Disney+ is the fastest growing streaming platform tbh the controversy is giving clout either way people will be like « oh Korea doesn’t like the drama ! let me watch it » since most of them will not know nothing about Korean history it will not prevent them to not watch further if they end liking the film.

She wasn’t setting them up by JTBC but she clearly contributes a big part of the drama

• I don't think the drama will get chanceled.

Some people don't like it. So they can criticise the movie and voice their opinion. They also can choose to just not watch the movie. But there is no way for them chancel it.

You may habe heard about the German ss. They didn't beat up 600 students in gwanju but they slaughtered like 6000000 people. Guess they can be seen on the same level as the nsa if it comes to the term of being evil. But nevertheless there are many movies like my honor is loyalty, Jojo rabbit, men in the high castle, inglorious bastards, 1944, unsere Mütter unsere Väter, under the sand and more. Those movies are full of scenes that may offend the one or the other viewer, because distorting history, and face some critism for it but are still aired. In the end nobody is forced to watch it. But trying to force others to not watch it is hostile.

• I think there are two reasons Jisoo is getting hit.

The moronic behaviour of Blinks, particularly some from certain regions of the world, has inflamed knetz who are focusing their anger at those Blinks onto Jisoo as a "figurehead'.

And good old fashioned Korean misogyny. It's telling that a large percentage of Koreans who signed the petition are middle aged men, and more men than women anyway. For some, it is much, much easier to heap anger and abuse on a prominent female than powerful, more faceless men.

Just my opinion anyway.

• I saw how Korean talk about how he has ended his own career, how dumb he is and how he have 0 future left etc.. Kinda vile at least for Jisoo it is because of twitter fucks so they got triggered but Jung Hae In backlash is insane..

Omg thats so vile bcs haein is soooo good looking, amazingly cute, and a talented actor, unlike probably a lot of knetz. I know the series can be quite problematic but you didn't even have to do that.

• I think it’s interesting how quick people jump into conclusions when a controversy happens and act like they got it all figured out… just for the situation to turn out being a misunderstanding or less problematic as more information are coming out.

Remember when people were sure that one male actors career is over because of one sided claims ? He lost cf deals and roles… just for his situation to turn out completely different.

Or T-ara’s situation.

See, there is a high chance that people are indeed jumping into conclusions and the Dramas judgement is to hasty… people love to go full force with their judgement and wish for cancellation with minimal information. Knowing majority of people heavily criticizing it haven’t even watched it. ( And if you’re a right wing and like it, you haven’t watched it either lol)

There is a high chance that the Drama is indeed not distorting History, it has inappropriate scenes, but not necessarily distorting History and that’s why the Actors and Actresses who were highly respected accepted this project.

I mean use common sense, how many movies or shows exist portraying dictatorship, nationalism, racism etc in a good light? There are not, to just a few romanticizing these issues. Why ? Cause no Actor/Actress with a successful career would stare in it, especially not if it’s to make historically bad organizations look good.

So the fact that people really think that these Actors and Actresses willingly decided to stare in a Drama that is distorting history in favor of a right wing party is just wow…. Some people really believe everything.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!