Korean netizens announced a boycott of Jisoo and BLACKPINK

• YOuare specially blaming jisoo when all the top actors with prestigious tracking records did very much the same and none of them pull out

maybe it had to do with the bland ass woman in your dp than anything else, Suzy stan

She is at fault too when she knew people are protesting ages ago when the script was leaked and the other actors too, but the biggest fault at the script writer. This is just simply facts and common sense.

look at the mirror first, then you will see who is the bland one. Lmao so dumb.. :pepe-cringe:

• Whatever happens with this drama, happens. Cancel or it stays on air... I really don't care.

Am just surprised some blinks actually think a supposed "boycott" will actually affect bp in any way.

The number of times bp has been boycotted....

• What's the relevance of this with my post saying this issue is beyond kpop? Unless that's what you're trying to say here?

It's not going to impact Blackpink as it's bigger than them.

Although I do agree it won't actually impact Blackpink, its still not just a fandom cycle, or even just another knetz boycott, that's the part I am saying. Real protest from families of victims from the tragedies in 1987, victims is speaking up, sponsors is backing out, children of the parents that were included in the 1987 protest are speaking up, journalists on news sites is reporting the controversy of the drama distorting history. It is beyond kpop for sure, but its not just a fandom cycle reaction definitely. That is what I am saying.

• Whatever happens with this drama, happens. Cancel or it stays on air... I really don't care.

Am just surprised some blinks actually think a supposed "boycott" will actually affect bp in any way.

same :pepepizza:

• This is simply not true, you don't have to be A list actress to accept or refuse a role. your agency can't force you, they can only advise you. It's not in their contract. you litterally sign the acting contract of the specific role during or after reading the script first lmao.

No trying to defend Jisoo I know she can make her own decisions but the director himself even said he persuaded Jisoo to accept the role

"I told her we need to work on this immediately. I threatened her and asked her to tell her company that she really wants to do this."

mind you, she could have decline but then again she is a rookie actress and mistakes like this are prone to happen, not to mention that directed is really well known (won best director for sky castle) so imagine if a director like him wants you to act in his drama, how can you refuse especially if most of his dramas have interesting storylines? I think snowdrop was definitely a mistake from the start though.

• Am just surprised some blinks actually think a supposed "boycott" will actually affect bp in any way.

only people on forums :pepepizza:

Ifans on the internet are not afraid ... it's normal day for them (nothing new)

... 𝔰𝔬 𝔣𝔞𝔰𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤, 𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢

• YG really decided to sabotage blackpink's career and to have a good excuse to disband them when the new group is out.. Even though I don't think bp will be affected greatly, the worst that could happen to them is lose domestic relevance but it won't be a great loss since they have their international fandom backing them up.

Let's see how yg handles this..

• the level of disrespect and disregard of not only the culture, but history AND social issues of the country the people you all stan are from, live and WORK in, exhibited in this post and its comments is both worrisome and hilarious.

but what more can be expected from you all. water is wet i guess.

• She is at fault too when she knew people are protesting ages ago when the script was leaked and the other actors too, but the biggest fault at the script writer. This is just simply facts and common sense.

look at the mirror first, then you will see who is the bland one. Lmao so dumb.. :pepe-cringe:

ANdu still didn't answer my question,just other senseless ifan dumping all the fault on her bc

1) kdrama stans lied and every single top actor here is a nobody

2) it's biaesd hate u have against her

And Suzy still bland and out of Dior pfw

• Although I do agree it won't actually impact Blackpink, its still not just a fandom cycle, or even just another knetz boycott, that's the part I am saying. Real protest from families of victims from the tragedies in 1987, victims is speaking up, sponsors is backing out, children of the parents that were included in the 1987 protest are speaking up, journalists on news sites is reporting the controversy of the drama distorting history. It is beyond kpop for sure, but its not just a fandom cycle reaction definitely. That is what I am saying.

Yes it is - the Burning Sun also had implications way beyond kpop, up the political hierarches. Talks off boycotts of BP and other YG acts etc. Near zero impact on BP's musical relevance, their initial UL's were higher than every kpop group bar BTS with KTL that year. The Burning Sun scandal was much closer connected to YG than Snowdrop.

Fans take some netizen comments about boycotts, extrapolate it to an everyone's against them trope, and then when it does well anyhow you'll hear a bunch about overcoming the odds and the barriers put up against them.

The top trending video on youtube currently in SK is girl group show members covering Pretty Savage and Savage. A few videos down it's Jennie and Jisoo in some vlog.

It's a cycle in how some kpop fans extrapolate netizens comments to victimise themselves, which they'll then use as ammo later. Even in the group I follow in Twice, you see fans do the same things. It's bizarre.

Like the Burning Sun scandal, this is beyond kpop yet all most ifans see is stuff translated about their own group so it just reinforces inaccurate takes.

• ANdu still didn't answer my question,just other senseless ifan dumping all the fault on her bc

1) kdrama stans lied and every single top actor here is a nobody

2) it's biaesd hate u have against her

And Suzy still bland and out of Dior pfw

Could you please stop insulting Suzy, settle your beef with the user not their idol..

• Im gonna get my 5 friends in America to say they will boycott Taylor Swift.... im sure that boycott would have the same effectiveness as this one. This shit won't affect BP. The overall drama might cancel the drama but BP and Jisoo will be fine its not even about them at all.

• No one in Korea is going to boycott them, LOL. This won't affect their popularity not even 1%.

A few loud people online doesn't equate to Korea, when will ifans learn this.

This whole thing is not even trending on Naver, not even the entertainment section.

It's not anyone's fault that some are not nuanced enough to understand the concept of fictionalized history in movies.

YG Family

E_E_fqdVcAcWSUK?format=jpg&name=large

Unapologetic YG stan. I am a fan of all things YG and YG artists and have been for years.

YG Ombudsman: I correct misinformation with facts and numbers, not opinions. Unless I know you I don't read responses to my posts, so don't quote me unless I've conversed with you in the past.

Favorite YG Producers: Rovin, Millennium, Future Bounce

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!