Don't be afraid to block + stay safe on the internet

• Just wanted to remind everyone. It's fine to block people, especially for your own mental health, enjoyment of this forum, safety etc.

I know some users have a no-blocking policy, but not everyone is like that. Sometimes the right decision is to block and move forward. I even have people blocked, tho it may not seem like it.

Also, I wanted to remind users to be careful on the internet. Please, Please don't share your personal info( especially not in the DMs). Sometimes I think it's best not to even share pictures, the area you're from, or your real name- especially if you're a minor!!!!.

Important: there is a report fuction in the Dms Make use of it please. Minors should be especially careful and report. Also please reach out to any staff you feel comfortable with if there is something that you need to talk about, they will 100 percent help you.

There Is also a regular report function in the forums. Please use it as well to report any rule breaking comments or inappropriate comments etc.

I know it may seem like you have friends here that you can trust, but REMEMBER you don't know who's behind the computer/phone.

This is a forum to enjoy kpop, so I hope everyone can be careful, block if they need to and just have FUN here.

here are some helpful links

Blocking People Is a Form of Self-Care - Blocking on Social Media
    It's time to remove the stigma surrounding blocking people on social media. When should you block someone, and how should you feel about it?
    symptomsofliving.com

Edited 2 times, last by ultraaviolet ().

• A very needed message.

I used to be all like "I'll never block people", and hey maybe back then I had a higher tolerance to bullshit but not as much now.

And it's much better for the sake of my mental health and sanity.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• A very needed message.

I used to be all like "I'll never block people", and hey maybe back then I had a higher tolerance to bullshit but not as much now.

And it's much better for the sake of my mental health and sanity.

blocking is a form of selfcare imo.

I see people think of blocking as a dramatic reaction sometimes, but I think blocking is the more mature path to take. its better to be indifferent and ignore people/ users... than keep seeing their posts/ arguing etc.

• blocking is a form of selfcare imo.

I see people think of blocking as a dramatic reaction sometimes, but I think blocking is the more mature path to take. its better to be indifferent and ignore people/ users... than keep seeing their posts/ arguing etc.

Yeah I mean it's like... rather than keep getting irritated or aggravated by seeing and/or interacting with a user over and over... just block them to avoid that unnecessary stress.

Like, yo you can't control your feelings at all, so at least make it easier to manage them. No need to put yourself in unnecessary stress/pain.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Yeah I mean it's like... rather than keep getting irritated or aggravated by seeing and/or interacting with a user over and over... just block them to avoid that unnecessary stress.

Like, yo you can't control your feelings at all, so at least make it easier to manage them. No need to put yourself in unnecessary stress/pain.

Exaclty. Sometimes I get annoyed and aggravated by some comments I see but usually replying to them is just gonna make it worse.

So id rather just block and move forward.

I think it depends on the intention of blocking. If it's for the sake of mental health or avoiding arguments with whomst you know you'll just have an aggressive, unproductive back n forth with then it is definitely the more mature path to take. As opposed to blocking for the sake not being able to accept any differing opinions that are shared respectfully. Creating an echo chamber if you will.

Personally I do have a no-block philosophy. I don't really have the energy to go into back n forth with anybody here and don't have any mental health issues. But I do acknowledge the neccessity of blocking as a feature.

• I think it depends on the intention of blocking. If it's for the sake of mental health or avoiding arguments with whomst you know you'll just have an aggressive, unproductive back n forth with then it is definitely the more mature path to take. As opposed to blocking for the sake not being able to accept any differing opinions that are shared respectfully. Creating an echo chamber if you will.

Personally I do have a no-block philosophy. I don't really have the energy to go into back n forth with anybody here and don't have any mental health issues. But I do acknowledge the neccessity of blocking as a feature.

You have a point. I thinks its better to block like u said when its for mental health or interaction end up in arguments and long back and forth. Not for differences in opinions.

• Thanks for doing this. I've been planning something like this, but just wasn't quite sure how to without making it awkward or without making it seem like something in particular happened.

So really, it means a lot that users are looking out for each other. I know there are times when you guys keep info from moderators because you don't feel as comfortable. That is your right. I understand it and I respect it. Just make sure to make the collective effort to outcast problematic behavior; that's one of the most effective ways to combat it and keep each other safe.

Remember: If someone is gaslighting, guilt-tripping, intimidating, or threatening you, it is never your fault no matter what. You're not in trouble for not knowing any better. You're not in trouble for being polite. You're not in trouble for thinking something was trustworthy when they really weren't. None of that is anything that you should feel bad about, so please confide in someone. Most importantly, distance yourself from the person and don't feel any guilt in doing so.

There was this user who was guilt-tripping me but after my various essays they blocked me so i think it's ok for now. But after reading your post, yes, if something like this happens again, I'll probably contact a mod. People can be weird.

• Completely agreed.

But it would help is people stopped bringing up and talking about who blocked who. Things like "OP won't see my post because I'm blocked" shouldn't be allowed and I see it very often in threads. I've been blocked before and while it hurt my pride a bit, I accepted that and just moved on. I obviously won't be liked by everyone I meet or run into both irl and online.

As for the no sharing personal info part, I can't stress this enough but there are dangerous/evil people everywhere and they are much more than we think. If someone forces you or pressures you to tell them your real name, location or share pictures please don't do it, even in DMs.

There are so many minors using this forum and probably talking regularly to grown adults through DMs, that this kind of thing genuinely worries me.

• As for the no sharing personal info part, I can't stress this enough but there are dangerous/evil people everywhere and they are much more than we think. If someone forces you or pressures you to tell them your real name, location or share pictures please don't do it, even in DMs.

There are so many minors using this forum and probably talking regularly to grown adults through DMs, that this kind of thing genuinely worries me.

this part really worries me sometimes. I really really hope the minors on the forum remember to stay safe and NOT tell anyone their private information. Even if you are friendly with users people have to re memebr we really don't know them irl.

I usually dm a user if im a bit worried, but there are so many things going on in the dm(unmoderated) that i do really worry.

• There was this user who was guilt-tripping me but after my various essays they blocked me so i think it's ok for now. But after reading your post, yes, if something like this happens again, I'll probably contact a mod. People can be weird.

Wow! Yeah I really hope whenever things like that happend ppl would just dm a mod . Better to be careful and stay safe mona!

I mean I've dmed ves about issues like quite a few times lol

• Never missing Drama > Mental health :pepe-devil:

Hehe u do u peahcie!

I do worry for some of the minors and users who end of fighting in almost every thread tho.....sigh

• I don't take arguments here seriously enough to block anyone. But if I see someone talking to me with a really aggressive tone, I try ignoring all their posts on this forum to avoid any interaction. So you could say I do block users here, but it's only in my mind :pepe-use-head:

Thats a cool method. I get too frustrated and just block lol

• Great advice Ultra!

I don't block people, but what you said was on point! We need to take care of ourselves first and come on, this is a forum, not a battlefield kkkk we should relax more than "fight".

are you sure you are following your own advice :cryingr:

• there are honestly so many weird people on the internet, we just gotta be rlly careful

True. Especially minors etc. I really hope this reminds people to be careful and not share any personal details.

It’s just a bit immature that you can’t seem to just ignore without blocking. Imo.

Here it seems like blocking is supposed to hurt the blocked user - and it really isn’t.

A few have blocked me - idc and they seem to think I care? Mostly it’s older or teens…like they have some kind of complex and can’t seem to talk things out?

There’s a lot of users that I find annoying but I don’t care enough to block them. And my mental health is great🤪

Imho

:peperun:

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!