Looks like there is overwhelmingly negative response towards snowdrop in Korea, what is the forums final take on it?

• This is my take on it… it’s fictional, it says so at the beginning of the Drama, it’s artistic freedom and with artistic freedom also comes the freedom to criticize or support it. So I saw this coming.

But here is the thing, before the Drama aired, it got a lot of criticism because people read snippets of the shows synopsis taking out of context. It got so bad that they took it to the blue house, they made a real big deal out of it, they wanted it to be canceled, but the Blue House rejected that. JTBC than gave a full explanation to the synopsis and told people to stop criticizing it….. You know have a whole bunch of people who didn’t got what they wanted and some really think they will now just let it be ? Of course not !

They want to be right, and what we see right now is them trying to justify why they got so mad at the beginning, of course they don’t want to admit that their judgment was to hasty .

Why am I saying this… well I looked up the things they picked up from the first Episode and now call the director a lier.

1. The NSP agent being portrayed as a good person… JTBC explained that the reason he is portrayed as such is because he is a man thinking doing the right thing, he really thinks he is catching North Korean Spies…. BUT!!! After realizing that his colleagues are creating spies instead of catching them (claiming people to be spies to justify killing and torture of protesters) he turns his back towards his organization…. So is the NK spy even really one or are they claiming it ? This was the first episode, they will not reveal the plot twist (Which JTBC was to an extent forced to reveal) in the first episode.

2. A Song used by protesters against the military regime was used when the NSP chased the NK Spy…

Wrong, They chased him and while doing so they ran into peaceful protesters who where singing the Song, who right after were attacked by the military while being unarmed. This Song was not played as a background track for the chase scene….. this scene was sad and was supposed to show how evil the military regime is.

3. NSP agents just leaving when the Director told them so…. Yeah, but in the preview for the second episode they were seen breaking in. Anyway JTBC said that this show will not focus on the protest, but on the election that happened during that time. This is a prestigious woman institution with Daughters of the politicians housing there. The NSP works for the regime and investigating a dormitory of higher up daughter’s because you suspect a spy is hiding there is bad publicity for the ruling party… So they went for the meantime… The trailers on the other hand show that they took over the dormitory at the end anyway…

4. Romanticizing spies… i didn’t see it, there is a romance between someone accused of being one and a student living in that dormitory. The ml being a spy is not romanticized, it’s the problem of their encounter.

Things were just stated without the context behind it.

There is something called story Progression and character development, you can’t give everything away in the first episode.

The ones mad at the beginning are nitpicking things out of the story to make it look much worse than it actually is… and it’s obviously done to inflate a negative opinion to get people not watching it. About the petition, people saying 100k is a lot… there was a petition to get MAMA canceled that reached 200k….

About people saying sponsors might pull out because of the Joseon Exorcist debacle. I think many of you don’t understand why it blew up in the first place. During that time there was a Chinese and Korean culture war going on, with Chinese netizens claiming that Korea has stolen their culture like Kimchi and even the Hanbok, two very important things in the Korean culture. So when Joseon Exorcist had a lot of Chinese probs in a Joseon setting, it did not sit well with Koreans and their patriotism kicked in. That’s why sponsors pulled out, the show was accused of licking Chinas butt. This is where the whole historical distortion debate started and was also the time where the unfinished synopsis of Snowdrop was spread around. So people were on a cancel train, it worked with Joseon Exorcist, but not for Snowdrop. And this is because Joseon Exorcist wasn’t done shooting when sponsors pulled out, so they had no money to change the problematic aspects and to finish the show. Sponsors did not pull out from Snowdrop, that’s why they were able to finish the Drama.

The moment I saw people using the scene of Jisoo’s “acting acting” to prove she can’t act is where I know a lot of them just want to badmouth the Drama.

Anyway like I said at the beginning, it’s all fiction, if you don’t like it you got the right to not watch it.

• I don't have a problem with it since its fiction but if koreans have a problem with it they have the right to express themselves. Its hypocrite of ifans that cancel idols as soon as they are insensitive with issues of a foreign country to then act like they have a say on what is or isn't an issue in sk.

ᗪㄖ几'ㄒ山ㄖ尺尺ㄚ, 丂ㄖ爪乇乃ㄖᗪㄚ ㄥ丨Ҝ乇 ㄚㄖㄩ 丨 ᗪㄖ几'ㄒ 匚卂尺乇
    1b75dd26b3af671ba35571506ff4ccd0ff755ea5.gif17aa84c799e3a9d19d4a0beb0eb12da11e2ff82b.gif92fdf018425f1495f78e91f91b6e08200cc639e1.gif

• They are targeting the sponsors now

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I also think it’s interesting that they don’t seem to have a problem with the NK spy itself… also why didn’t they point out how the first episodes was portraying members of the ruling party as immature men-childs desperately trying to get the rulers validation by acting like siblings who are battling for their parents attention?

Or the artistic decision to not show the presidents face (I don’t know if they would do it later on) … but right now it’s obvious they don’t want give him any spotlight or respect.

Or that the women of room 207 know that one of their roommate is part of the protesters, but are constantly covering up for her when she gets almost caught.

There were so many things in just that one episode that shows they are on the side of the democracy movement, but they are nitpicking the few scenes and trying to make it look like this is all the Drama is about. I don’t think it’s fair… we’ll let’s see where this will go.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is getting scary I'm starting to think this is gonna get cancelled

Makes no sense, the Drama is already finished shooting.

• What I personally find really insensitive is that the writers initially named Jisoo's character Young Cho based on the real life activist Chun Young Cho. This woman is still alive, imagine someone trying to romanticize your struggles and battles in a tv drama doesn't sit right with me let alone Koreans who are still affected by the incident. It might be fiction but it still is heavily inspired by a historical event.

• What I personally find really insensitive is that the writers initially named Jisoo's character Young Cho based on the real life activist Chun Young Cho. This woman is still alive, imagine someone trying to romanticize your struggles and battles in a tv drama doesn't sit right with me let alone Koreans who are still affected by the incident. It might be fiction but it still is heavily inspired by a historical event.

Oh wow, that’s really fucked up

• I watched the first episode and it didn't help that it went in accordance to half of the leaked plot back when the controversy started. That raises the question as to whether the other half was right or they changed it after re-recording. They're taking a risk.

• I watched the first episode and it didn't help that it went in accordance to half of the leaked plot back when the controversy started. That raises the question as to whether the other half was right or they changed it after re-recording. They're taking a risk.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!