KBS Gayo List of Idols who actually sing Live

• So, I create this thread since the aespa controversy, and so many people have are interested and wonder who actually sing live.

NOTE: Prerecorded = lipsync.

Sing with back track.

Aespa = Lipsync.

Redvelvet = Lipsync.

Seventeen= Sing with loud back track.

SUNMI = Lipsync.

ITZY = Sing with medium to low back track cuz I can hear their raw voice clearly.

NU'EST = Sing with loud back track.

GG collab= Lipsync.

NCTU = Lypsinc.

Kang Daniel = Lypsinc.

ASTRO = Lipsync.

Straykid = Lipsync.

Oh My Girl = Sing with loud back track.

The Boyz = Lipsync. Candle = maybe live.

SF9 = Lipsync

TXT = Sing with loud back track.

Brave Girls = Lipsync.

TXT X Enhyphen = Lipsync mixed with sing with loud back track.

StayC = Sing with medium back track maybe, cuz I can hear the raw voice same as ITZY.

Enhyphen = Sing with loud back track.

IVE = Lipsync.

Note: This is base on my experience, and it is not 100 percent correct. Also, I'll tag someone with more experience here chounim.

So out of these idols performance. I Can clearly hear ITZY and StayC raw vocals. At this point I don't see the difference between Lipsync and sing with loud back track.

• People often target aespa or Sm artists because they are known for having good vocals it’s a shame aespa can’t showcase their talent.

Lipsync is okay but aespa really got no freedom they can’t even post covers or have the same prerecorded audio.

I want miss singsing to show how it’s done :pepe-grooving:

At this point. I think it's an SM problem. Look at redvelvet and NCT perform on the same stage. SM not even allow Red Velvet perform Psycho Live.

• People often target aespa or Sm artists because they are known for having good vocals it’s a shame aespa can’t showcase their talent.

Lipsync is okay but aespa really got no freedom they can’t even post covers or have the same prerecorded audio.

I want miss singsing to show how it’s done :pepe-grooving:

this is so dumb bc they rlly can sing live

when all idols sang together Winter was so loud you could hear her in a sea of idols

• Tbh I don't think you need to have golden ears to hear that most of them were pre-recorded vocals.With some groups you could even hear them barely sing over it because the backing track is so loud.

• The Boyz did Candles live cause I could hear the raw voices..

but tbh these days you can never be sure.. everyone is singing over loud backtracks only.. no one is actually enough live to be considered live..

Yea, for the Boyz, I am bit confused cuz the singing is a little perfect for Live. Maybe KBS smooth out thier voices like most singing TV show do or maybe they are actually this good.

Yea, agree with the live part. Singing actual live is rare.

• Yea, for the Boyz, I am bit confused cuz the singing is a little perfect for Live. Maybe KBS smooth out thier voices like most singing TV show do or maybe they are actually this good.

Yea, agree with the live part. Singing actual live is rare.

Kaikat I don't think it was live tbh, it was a bit too smooth and to me it didn't seem like vocals and movements aligned. (it doesn't matter if you hear their raw vocals, those can be prerecorded)

But they surely can sing like that live, I just wish they would heh..

• I saw tweets with cue sheet s so you can confirm from there who sang live

Cue sheet is not 100 percent correct. For example, for aespa, the cue sheet stated that one of their performance was live, but it turned out not the case. chounim has already debunked this

I think the best is we hear with our ears.

• From what I saw until now no one sang live, a couple did with very loud back track.

• Stray Kids sang live it was the most obvious among every group I saw lmao

You think this is live?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is what was live ;-)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kaikat I don't think it was live tbh, it was a bit too smooth and to me it didn't seem like vocals and movements aligned. (it doesn't matter if you hear their raw vocals, those can be prerecorded)

But they surely can sing like that live, I just wish they would heh..

yep prerecording is a possibility for sure.. but then again we wouldn't know..

I am honestly a little sick of this new trend of loud backtracks kpop artists do these days.. either sing live significantly or just lipsync if not in condition.. but well thats how things will be from now on and we can't help it ig

evcen artists who used to sing live so well years ago and using loud backtracks these days smh its kinda sad to see..

• yep prerecording is a possibility for sure.. but then again we wouldn't know..

I am honestly a little sick of this new trend of loud backtracks kpop artists do these days.. either sing live significantly or just lipsync if not in condition.. but well thats how things will be from now on and we can't help it ig

evcen artists who used to sing live so well years ago and using loud backtracks these days smh its kinda sad to see..

True we can't know for sure! Tbh I'm not that easily fooled with prerecordings, even though I still enojoy them. For TBZ I know they can pull it off, but this was a tiny bit too smooth.

(at least I'm not blindfolded by them being my faves hihi, a lot of people claim their faves sing live just because they can hear them breath, their vocals etc, which is included in prerecording)

But I agree, I also wish companies and broadcasting stations would change that trend :-)

• not one person sang completely live from the performances ive watched anyway :clown:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• This is what was live ;-)

External Content www.youtube.com

Yup, this is the best example of live. You can hear some imperfection.

What about this one? This one also confused me.

• You think this is live?

That does sound live in most parts but maybe im just fooled from all the pre recording tricks idols use nowadays

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• External Content twitter.com

• Yup, this is the best example of live. You can hear some imperfection.

What about this one? This one also confused me.

Exactly, this is the best example and the only one I can be sure of.

This one you posted is confusing for me too, same as tbz one, but tbh it doesn't look live to me (I might be wrong), but their movements, expressions don't look aligned with the sound?

But hey, they still had to sing it like that when they recorded it.

• That does sound live in most parts but maybe im just fooled from all the pre recording tricks idols use nowadays

No. That is definitely not live. 1, It's too perfect for song like this with too many moment and jumping. 2, why would you recorded live with so many location and cuts.

• It's more like Live Recorded. There's multiple camera takes, so it can't be truly live. But it also isn't the studio version. It's hard to categorize.

But I don't know how they record the sound in these scenarios.

I'd say they're live during the recording, It's visible for me, but KBS probably cleaned the audio, like when you sing live for Sketchbook and Immortal Songs, but you can't hear the imperfections.

• I'd say they're live during the recording, It's visible for me, but KBS probably cleaned the audio, like when you sing live for Sketchbook and Immortal Songs, but you can't hear the imperfections.

The songs starts at daytime and ends at nighttime, so it wasn't recorded in a single take. There's also teleportation at some camera cuts.

The audio clearly isn't the studio version, but we don't know under what circumstances it was actually recorded.

• This thread contains 138 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!