How did Lisa become the most famous female Kpop idol of all time?

• Oh so its being from YG then? I mean, wasn’t YG the 4th big company in Korea? Why can’t other foreigner members from SM or JYP be as popular as her?

its all about the right fit.. MJ didnt win any championships till he was coached by phil jackson

If Lisa landed in those other company u mentioned, she probably wouldnt be as big too

• Of course she was. Jennie had several pre debut collabs, Jisoo had acting gigs and starred in MVs and Rosé had a GD collab. Lisa was barely seen! The delusion... stay mad I guess, not even sure why I’m giving your ridiculous list the time of day!

Anyway, Lisa is a one in a kind idol. Her dancing, her stage presence, her rapping... she just has IT. I don’t think you can replicate her success' because it’s rare someone captures fans like that. It’s especially crazy considering her solo isn’t out yet. YG needs to make the most of her, that’s for sure.

Quote from Sleepdeprived199

the jennie formula could work if she is giving a lot of center time, news worthy fits, some SM princess narrative, a solo and then a dating scandal with a bts member.

The amount of Jennie bashing. I mean it's a thread about Lisa but most posts are about Jennie, the obsession is real. You think anyone can become the next Jennie? So why hasn't any company been able to clone a Jennie even after 5 years, if it's that easy and if there is a clear formula to it. You think all is needed some outfts, center time, and dating? "news worthy fits" and "princess narrative" are you even aware of how ridiculous that sounds

Jennie was at the prime of her career when solo was released, beating groups like twice and Exo and even Mino who had a good song on the charts. You think she needed a scandal to become popular? Dating is considered a scandal in Korea so it is viewed negatively and only tainted her image. And gp didn't even care because they were more interested in actors, not idols. The only thing the dating got her was international shippers.

And it's funny to see how most ignore Jennie being jobless after bp debuted. Jennie only started to get gigs in 2017 and in 2018 when solo was released. Predebut Jisoo was more promoted than her, having cfs, working with Lee Minho, acting, and shooting commercials.

You are that brainwashed to think that Jennie gets everything from while the rest of the girls are left in the dust. Even when Jennie had solo, other members were still having gigs.

Jennie having the highest trending after Coachella is also because of yg right?

Y'all can keep undermining her impact, but that isn't going to change that she became popular because she is Jennie. A company's job IS to support its artists and promote them, but the rest all depends on the idol himself.

• And back to the actual topic, there is no formula for Lisa either, she is popular because she is Lisa. A company can promote its artists but it's on the artist to do something with that and keep people's attention. She is pretty, can dance and has an amazing presence on stage. I remember her having her first dance collab on stage in 2016 with other idols who were already popular but she was still able to shine the most.

• If we’re using that logic Lisa also got a three year headstart yet Jennie still surpassed her amount of subscribers in 3 weeks lol

Don't mind that user, they are Jennie's number 1 obsessed anti, always following her activities and always try to discredit her in any way they can. Wouldn't bother to react or reply to them.

• I think it’s a combination of SEA fans who will stan any kpop idol who is from SEA, especially when said kpop idol is backed by a YG branding that promotes luxurious, classy lifestyle that especially girls can use as a self-insert, (ie if Lisa can be a SEA kpop idol then there’s hope for me kind of mindset) because if you watch any of their BTS content you’ll find that Lisa has the most nondescript and Undefinable personality, she is basically a blank slate for fans to project themselves onto (why there’s so many random ships of Lisa despite zero interactions like liskook, bc these SEA fans fantasize themselves in lisa’s place, being a kpop idol and dating their oppar of their dreams) and it’s a great marketing tactic imo. and then Lisa getting shilled hard in China (and majority of Chinese are weebs/kboos so they will automatically like any kpop idol that promoted in China).

Nope, none of this makes any sense. But nice xenophobia there against SEA fans, truly low. Lisa is the most popular in China and that’s why she has gigs there.

It’s so embarrassing how people try and downplay her popularity.

Edited once, last by channiieK ().

• she is basically a blank slate for fans to project themselves onto (why there’s so many random ships of Lisa despite zero interactions like liskook, bc these SEA fans fantasize themselves in lisa’s place, being a kpop idol and dating their oppar of their dreams) and it’s a great marketing tactic imo.

so a fan's fantasy is the only reason why she's popular? :pepe-back-away:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!