Did The Feels drawn out release schedule actually hurt it in the end?

• So there was a lot of discussion about how gotdamn long the whole teaser period was, about six weeks and with everything announced more than two months before. Many people seemed to agree this method killed some of the pre release hype, with even hardcore onces saying they weren't as excited for it.

Have minds been changed after the release and now huge success? Would it have been even bigger? Did the surprise immensely positive reaction help it? Or did the jype tactics not affect it at all?

Dis-

Talk amongst yourselves

8wtAd3B.gif

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

uXhyUfS.gif

Edited once, last by Wench ().

• I have no idea.

I was just as excited. Though if I had to compare my excitement in terms of their Japanese releases/Korean, it would be...

Japan/Korean

-hedge-

English

So while I was excited, I was not as excited as if it had been their Korean or Japanese releases, but that had nothing to do with release time.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yeah I don't think anyone's expectations for English songs are high no matter the fandom. Dynamite might be the exception but BTS is always the exception.

• The song is their fastest song to reach 50M streams in Japan, it charted on BB100, and it still pulling 1M streams after 2 months if you think it’s a flop that’s your problem gtfo

not a flop but its mediocre, well all twice been doing its at this point

which also goes back to them aiming for the wester industry so much

• Honestly I’m shocked about the feels success because the hype was wack

The feels is doing well because the song is good.

My biggest problem with JYPE is releasing the cb date then dip for 3 weeks it’s killing the hype JYPE did the same thing with itzy and I don’t like it I’m scared they will do the same shit over and over.

Yeah, I hate that too. I also hate how they are rolling out JYPn.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• not a flop but its mediocre, well all twice been doing its at this point

which also goes back to them aiming for the wester industry so much

You thought you ate lol you’re behind a screen talking shit all day about successful women I’m sure they are fine lol

Just because you stan BP doesn’t make you successful get a job and stop hiding behind your favs achievements okay :cryingr:

• You thought you ate lol you’re behind a screen talking shit all day about successful women I’m sure they are fine lol

Just because you stan BP doesn’t make you successful get a job and stop hiding behind your favs achievements okay :cryingr:

so I can't be objective bc it will hurt who feelings??? like if u don't want to see critics from a external point of view simply ignore me :pepepizza:

• This is exactly why the hype for JYPN is wack because they could have started dropping these videos this month not 6 months ago.

And lily should have been announced since day one she is clearly the main attractor then they could have dropped the dance videos at the end.

The rollout is messy.

And now JYPE posted a coming soon video while they are debuting on February making no sense :pepefacepalm:

• so I can't be objective bc it will hurt who feelings??? like if u don't want to see critics from a external point of view simply ignore me :pepepizza:

But you're not being objective? Fenty literally gave you facts about the high success The Feels has gotten and you replied with thinking it's not good enough in your standards.

That's the definition of being subjective. lol

~ ω

• But you're not being objective? Fenty literally gave you facts about the high success The Feels has gotten and you replied with thinking it's not good enough in your standards.

That's the definition of being subjective. lol

what are the standard tho

twice is a top gg and its not up to the top performers, what do u want me to do if they don't meet it?

• what are the standard tho

twice is a top gg and its not up to the top performers, what do u want me to do if they don't meet it?

There are objective standards such as going "platinum" or charting. Formula of Love did great for their first week debut charting in the top 5 of Billboard.

That for example is a measure of success.

Your personal opinion is not a measure of success. That is a subjective opinion which is my point.

You can have your opinion frankly that's all you! Just don't go around acting like you're better than us by saying your opinion is objective when it's clearly subjective.

~ ω

• I can understand holding off on Lily. To keep her fans guessing and engaged in anticipation, but the rest, I agree.

• It impacted its initial numbers i.e. it did nothing special YouTube or Spotify wise in the first 24 hours/first day despite being a single release.

It got those eyes over a longer period of time in the end but it would have had more listeners from the start if it had more momentum

• The feels is doing well because the song is good.

My biggest problem with JYPE is releasing the cb date then dip for 3 weeks it’s killing the hype JYPE did the same thing with itzy and I don’t like it I’m scared they will do the same sh*t over and over.

:itzy1: the accuracy

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• Okay...I remember the first teasers came out and it had an envelope and "uh, I'm so curious" or something like that. It was so obscure...

But anyway it took them like 2 weeks to announce what it was for and there was some speculation on what it could be.

But overall, I think it was the release change. Like if you look at their music videos, you can find a date at the opening that is up for like 2 seconds and they almost never match the date of the release.

So all of their plans change but this one is different because it was announced for the end September back in August and then pushed back for the beginning of October and I remember people getting a little bit upset about it.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Ah was it bad the first day? I genuinely don't remember so let me edit my OP :peperun:

I can remember the Youtube number being lower than most of the previous comebacks.

But considering it was the first title release at 1pm SK time which is essentially to maximise spotify streams due to the cut-off, it didn't do anything impressive. There was also no full album along with it like ICSM had.

ICSM has a higher peak than The Feels in terms of daily streams and also got into the top 50 global spotify chart. The Feels had a small bit of playlisting so harder to compare in the long run.

• I can remember the Youtube number being lower than most of the previous comebacks.

But considering it was the first title release at 1pm SK time which is essentially to maximise spotify streams due to the cut-off, it didn't do anything impressive. There was also no full album along with it like ICSM had.

ICSM has a higher peak than The Feels in terms of daily streams and also got into the top 50 global spotify chart. The Feels had a small bit of playlisting so harder to compare in the long run.

Interesting, so it was released at an ideal time for SK charting? At least on infant spotify

And ICSM had no playlisting but achieved that? Why do onces treat it like the ugly Cinderella step sister

• Interesting, so it was released at an ideal time for SK charting? At least on infant spotify

And ICSM had no playlisting but achieved that? Why do onces treat it like the ugly Cinderella step sister

No for global charting as it's when the global streams reset on Spotify I think so it gives you the chance for a bigger debut. Assuming 1pm in SK works well for the US as well.

I don't think I've seen people criticise ICSM's performance on global/international platforms like youtube/spotify. It did pretty badly in SK though which might be what you're referring to? I feel like ICSM might keep a few records in the long run against The Feels.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• Can you tell I dont know what I'm talking about? 8)

ICSM did badly domestically but yeah I still didn't see much talk about the international records either. Do I need to go on twitter? :starec: This is all very surprising tbh

Thank you for the fax

• Ooo, since you seem to know numbers, what has been Twice's best performing song after their gradual maturity shift (not including Feel Special and Fancy)? In Korea. Let me specify.

• Ooo, since you seem to know numbers, what has been Twice's best performing song after their gradual maturity shift (not including Feel Special and Fancy)? In Korea. Let me specify.

In SK it's Alcohol Free comfortably.

More and More peaked higher but it had the benefit of being in the old chart system which lent itself to higher UL's and had the momentum of Twice's longest ever break between Korean comebacks. Its longevity was really bad through which gives Alcohol Free the edge.

Posted this the other day on the digital thread - shows the daily unique listeners on Melon for the biggest gg songs over the same daily period of release this year. Alcohol Free starts lower than most and doesn't peak as high as Twice don't have the attention currently in SK for people to search and listen for them on release. But currently only Dun Dun Dance, ASAP and Next Level have shown better longevity. Savage has the same no. of UL's today that Alcohol Free had on the same comparative day after release for example. This isn't me saying Alcohol Free did better than Savage, as peak matters a lot so it didn't, but just an example that it showed pretty good legs.

tlOo56r.png

Around the release of ICSM I don't think the mood around the group and fandom was that great so I can imagine that probably overshadowed some of the positives. M&M was a rubbish period so the run into ICSM wasn't that great, sales were down, Korean charting was massively down and Jeongyeon took a break for health reasons just a few months after Mina returned and a week before EWO came out. Sucky year to be honest.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!