Do you find it odd that the youngest JYP group are more mature in concept than their oldest (Twice)?

• Do you find it odd that the youngest JYP group are more mature in concept than their oldest (Twice)? 18

1. Yes (5) 28%
    2. No (13) 72%

I read that JYPn will have a mature concept. It seems strange that right away they want to go to maturity while it took Twice longer. Their youngest member is 15 yo. And in one of the teasers some were doing concepts/dance too risque for their age. Do you think it’s odd or it’s normal for a Big 3 to push the envelope on social norms.

• groups that appeal to the international market are doing better right now. everyone wants to appeal to a western audience. they get the sales and other recognition, even if they don't do great in sk. it's worth it to have a more mature image right off the bat to gain that audience.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Mature isn’t the same as girl crush. Mature concept can encompass different styles.

because you really think they'll do something "mature " with a 15yo girl in the group

more mature was to interpret in the more mature compare to their previous GG

twice debuted with a cute concept

Itzy was between cute and girl crush with teen crush concept

and now JYPn will go full girl crush

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• groups that appeal to the international market are doing better right now. everyone wants to appeal to a western audience. they get the sales and other recognition, even if they don't do great in sk. it's worth it to have a more mature image right off the bat to gain that audience.

Yeah, i feel like maybe Kpop is targeting North America for clout and recognition (Spotify and Billboard charting). Then targeting Korea, Japan and China for physical album sales. Then trying to get streams and digital revenue globally, including Europe, Latin America, and SEA.

I will never understand the term of international or western market yes groups get cute sales in the USA but that’s it.

Only and BP and BTS are relevant in the west.

KPOP groups main markets are usually SEA, China, Japan and Korea

Do they want to to gain fans or want to hit the USA market because they are clearly doing the opposite. :whatr:

• 1. We don't know what the actual concept of JYPn is yet (we don't even know their name yet). So maybe we should let them actual debut first before discussing it (or at least actually confirm their concept)

2. Twice is not JYPE's oldest group currently. That belongs to Day6

3. Stop making assumptions with data that is incorrect.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• no JYP saw that Blackpink succeed in 3rd gen with a Girlcrush concept

Now Aespa is the 4th gen leader with a girlcrush

so JYP saw that girl crush more mature concept is oing better than cute nowadays and what's his slice of the cake too

If JYPE wanted to have a GC it would have been itzy since they debuted in 2019 with a teen crush concept

Aespa are barely veterans and the type of concept they are doing right now isn’t even popular, they have their own style.

BP popularized GC not the same case for aespa.

JYP will play safe and give to JYPN a concept that everyone will like with their own style.

• the us isn't the only international or western market. bts is relevant in the us, but they're the only group that's actually managed to hit mainstream here.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• I hope they will not sexualize them heavily, JYP's track record is not good at all with this type of thing. However it would be wishful thinking to believe that the members wont be sexualized, the majority of kpop groups are sexualized which is why people have issues with minors debuting in the first place. So yes, I am concerned. But what can I do? I can only hope they grow a conscience

Based on the teaser it doesn't seem the company is shy to explore more racy mature concepts, even for their underage members.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Since they said mature concept, I don't think they will be stuck with just "girl crush" either.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You mean the way AESPA’s concept is more mature than 50-75% of SNSD, F(x), & Red Velvet’s general concept?

Yeah cuz it’s definitely unheard of for groups to have seniors come out with a more youthful concept, and their juniors later down the line do something more mature *sarcasm*

• no JYP saw that Blackpink succeed in 3rd gen with a Girlcrush concept

Now Aespa is the 4th gen leader with a girlcrush

so JYP saw that girl crush more mature concept is oing better than cute nowadays and what's his slice of the cake too

This girl group has been planned for like 4 years. Way before AESPA debuted, so yeah, I doubt they are targeting them. Just like I doubt they are targeting STAYC (another group someone mentioned previously). Why is it only JYPn accused of copying every successful group that pops up?

BP may have been an ITZY influence however. After MITM, ITZY is full on girl crush. It would be dumb of JYP to have 2 young full girl crush groups.

And like I said in a previous thread, it's better to have groups target different demos. That way they can diversify fans. We haven't even seen the concept photos or heard the teasers yet.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• You mean the way AESPA’s concept is more mature than 50-75% of SNSD, F(x), & Red Velvet’s general concept?

Yeah cuz it’s definitely unheard of for groups to have seniors come out with a more youthful concept, and their juniors later down the line do something more mature *sarcasm*

Not really. RV obviously did mature concepts within their first half year as part of their dual concept. There's also Perfect Velvet album, which is basically a mature album.

Aespa feels more "teenager" with their fantasy/scifi stuff rather than typical mature.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!