Do you care if your faves can sing live?

• On music shows and award shows? Not really. I don't even care if people in the west do it. Like I never got why people got so mad at Ashlee Simpson when she accidentally got exposed lip syncing. Like it was a TV appearance not a Broadway show.

• It really depends. I think if its an important performance like an award show or if I'm paying to see it (like at a concert), I would want them to perform live, but, with how hard kpop dances get nowadays, I wouldn't mind a lip sync here and there.

• Yes, even if they sound good in the recording, why can't they sing live? not even once? sometimes when all you hear is the same pre-recorded vocals the performance starts to get boring. no ad-libbing, no new vocal runs, nothing. If your a k-pop idol and trained for 5+ years, I would like to hear your vocals. not pre-recorded vocals for the 70th time.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• you know, they don't have to sing constantly, but it can't be that they've sung once or twice in their entire career. it must be at least half of the performances.

• Most of my Western favs don't even care enough to hide their lip syncing while dancing so I don't care about it for my Korean favs.

It's common for Western artists to just scream-speak the non-melodic parts of their songs when dancing.

Of course there's a difference for a singer who does non-dancing songs/performances.

~ ω

• It doesn't have to be live singing all the time or for every song. If there's a demanding choreography for example, I totally understand why lipsynch might be for the best and would even prefer it.

I also don't expect them to perform every song 100% live for the duration of a several week long tour with a gig every other evening.

I also prefer lipsynch to autotune, because lipsynch is kind of honest at least. Everyone can tell, everyone's on the same page.

Autotune on the other hand is less obvious, and when artists autotune their live performances, most people don't seem to be able to tell. They proceed to rave about the artist's perfect and flawless vocals when of course the performance was flawless. Every damn sound that came out of the idol's mouth was snapped to the correct note by software.

• If the songs sound great on the recordings, does it matter to you if the group lipsyncs their performances? Would you still stan them if they didn't sound good live? And if so, would you prefer they sing live anyway or just lipsync?

Yes it matters. Audio is full of tricks and autotune. Being able to pull of vocals live with ease is a sign of a true singer and all the greats do this well.

This lip syncing apologists in kpop I don’t get but it is also probably why so my kpop acts fail aboard. It matters.

Lucky my faves don’t have this problem.

• if it's a music show I don't care that much but I will search for their performance more if I know that group is singing live most of the time, when it comes to concerts I'm paying to hear them sing so I would only go if it's at least 70-80% live (for Western artist it has to be 100% for me)

• Scenario 1: If they dont sound good live they probably won't sound that great on recordings as well. Especially straining, too much process, autotune ruin it for me :eyes: So no I probably wouldn't stan.

Scenario 2: If they can sing well I don't mind lip syncing from time to time. But if it is too much maybe due to demanding choreos, lack of confidence etc. I would give them time if there is no improvement I would think twice.

Well what I am even saying I stan only 1 group and their vocals + performances are the biggest reasons. I listen to EXO's live albums and watch the performances maybe even more than studio albums

:pepecute:

• I don't think not singing live would stop me from stanning if I love the music, but I really appreaciate live vocals and that can hold my interest in groups a bit more.

That's partially why I have a deep respect for groups like Shinee, Mamamoo, and Ateez in comparison to some of the other groups I stan (but I still love and stan groups that might have sub-par live vocals or don't sing live)

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Of course I do care.

Lipsyncing is okay as long as it's done on rare occasions, sometimes it's of course not possible for an idol to sing live because of various reasons.

But live singing simply makes performances better and more exciting, I don't know how to explain it. I love hearing the energy and enthusiasm and emotions, and of course spontaneity and the fact it's not the same recording over and over again is nice too. A problem I often have with lipsynced stages is that I feel a disconnect between what I'm watching and hearing.

• idc for the most part. idols have strenuous jobs and a lot of them get worked like cattle. a good portion of idols also don't have the good vocal training necessary to not damage their voices. so working constantly, singing live all the time while not having the correct techniques to protect their vocals basically erodes whatever ability they do have.

if they're doing concerts or special performances i do expect live singing. i would be so disappointed to have spent hundreds or thousands to go see a group and they can't sing live. but music show performances? who cares lol

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Yes I do. If I see a live performance I expect to see the group sing live even with voice cracks, not some pre recorded version of the song. If I want to hear that then I'll just listen to the album. I kind of feel like the audience is robbed if a group lip syncs.

• afcorse they should be able to sing their songs live. now i don't agree with them having to sing live all the time especially if it harms their voices.

• Of course, it's literally part of singer/rapper job. They should not only be able to make and release music but also be able to perform their own music live or else why they even do this job? I know idol job is smth kinda not really like usual singer/rapper job but still it includes singing/rapping so, yeah, they should be able to sing live too, especially when it's their own concert/show.

• Yes, a group doesn't have to sing live always. But I can't stan if I never heard their actual vocals live. Some groups who some people say have sung live, have used very loud backtrack and that doesn't count imo.

• yes I do care but the question is then does it matter

of course I care - i want them to do well and hopefully sing live but if they don't I'm like out to get them or anything...

I might be slightly disappointed but just move on...

• Yes. I prefer live singing to pre-recorded vocals. Easiest way to tell if an idol improved/was properly trained. I expect groups to not have amazing vocals at debut but once they hit the 4-5 year mark, the vocal growth should be obvious to even those who aren't fans.

If they still sound exactly the same way that they did the first few years into their career and nothing has improved or it has gotten worse, then that means that something is wrong.

• I prefer live singing but it is not a "make it or break it" factor for me while stanning an idol.

"𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜   𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝   𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣"

final-61b8506fed445400c3eb937a-497781.gif

• Yes.

If I want to listen to a record, I have the CD or I can stream. Why pretend to sing “live” when you’re ain’t. That’s just dishonest. I am okay with the occasional lip-synch if it’s a technical issue or a health issue. If they lipsynch for the sake of better dancing, they should just say it is a dance performance, I can accept that.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!