Why do non fans think Jungkook dating would be WW3?

• I'm getting the vibe that Army as a whole are now more accepting of BTS partners if Namjoon is anything to go by and because BTS is in their 9th year so it's more likely majority wouldn't mind someone else plausibly making them happy. But to non fans it seems like they expect Jungkook dating to split the fandom up or BTS to lose a lot of fans which I think won't be the case AT ALL? Why is that? Even people after finding out he had a pre-debut gf weren't tripping at that at all so why making this or any of the maknae line dating a big ass deal when I believe we will have the regular fanfare if they are revealed to be dating for about a day and a half, then everything gets back to normal in Armyland.

• maybe these "people" you are talking about have tons of bad experiences with ARMYs?

just like you're stereotyping "people" they might be stereotyping you and your lovely fandom

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I think a bit of an uprising will brew in the beginning because of many solos and delulu fans but they will be squashed down by the majority of armys who will be happy for him having found the love of his life. Surely, the delusional armys would be loud and noisy and may even leave the fandom. At the end of the day, no matter how long it takes, the huge majority of reasonable armys will set them straight. :-):-)

• LOL i AM AN ARMY AND LET ME TELL YOU it will be worst than WW3.

I remember 2019 rumour and till this people witch-hunt that poor girl.

Now a days a big part of the fandom is shippers especially taekookers.

They don't even leave Jimin alone, what made you think they would be okay with JK dating a random stranger

• They should have openly dated from the beginning but kpop is such a weirdly tightly wound thing that now with their status and fame and the intensity of the parasocial relationship with their fans and them, it would be crazy honestly. They were cutting themselves cos he was pictured hugging a girl and denied all dating rumours with her. They're even more popular now so whoever it was would go through a ton of shit. The taekookers and jikookers would go mad, the other members solos would pounce on it at once, his own solo stans and other fans that use him as a self insert on tiktok and insta would be hounding the poor partner also. Tae's chaebol got a crazy amount of interest and hate and that's a chaebol. If jk dates someone normal, yikes lol.

If he chooses a solo career after Bangtan, and can establish himself with a solid and loyal fanbase for his music, I don't think the backlash would be that bad if he started publically dating then.

• I feel sorry for the guys tbh. It must be awful to have to live "in the shadows" like that.

Chen is having is second kid and still he's part of EXO and they still have releases.

For me as a fan that is the only thing that matters. Although of course they're entitled to have a normal life and that means to slow down.

• about non fans reaction, why is it always the bts antis or army haters who are so interested in their relationship??

Like i never see some of these people in jungkook appreciation threads but when its time to comment on his relationships, his tattoos etc they are always there...

It's like that with every "scandal". No one gives a shit until they can take the opportunity to get in a drag.

• about non fans reaction, why is it always the bts antis or army haters who are so interested in their relationship??

Like i never see some of these people in jungkook appreciation threads but when its time to comment on his relationships, his tattoos etc they are always there...

easy,they just wanna see BTS fail.

Every year we see the regular "BTS PEAKED" narrative but theyjust keep getting bigger and bigger. Now that they are well aware that BTS won't be peaking anytime soon they have two new narratives that they think will affect their popularity, the first one is enlistment and the second one is dating, hence the unhealthy obsession.

• Solbin of Laboum shouted Kim Seokjin

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Laboum never recovered

Who would want to be in this situation, really?

• They're just saying something that's obvious. ^^ Even in normal popular boy groups, all the female fans go crazy and make very hurtful and hateful comments. Unfortunately, they lynch their lovers. For example: like in the case of Jungkook with the tattooed girl. That's why they pay for the media and probably keep their personal love lives private. :thumbup: Yes, there are probably fans who want their good and happiness, but unfortunately, toxic fandom is more common in popular groups.

• It’s gonna be CHAOS for days.

But it’s not going to split the fandom up. Lmao. Non-fans are wishing for too much.

Bts and ARMYS are here to stay. Some fans will get super noisy, as expected, but we still going to listen to BTS music. That and them dating has no correlation.

• probably because top idols group dating always causes huuuggggeee waves.

like remember jennie and kai

or baekhyun and taeyeon.

the reactions were rather intense.

so bts is the largest bg in the world and jk is one of the most popular members. ofc the internet will be ablaze.

but i think a lot of army has also maturated and grown with bts so some are quite accepting. its only the solos stans and delusional stans people worry about.

• The thing is, if this kind of news happens, the antis and trolls will find some ARMY drama and highlight and amplify that to show that ARMYs are evil and delulus, never mind if majority of ARMYs are ok with that.

Just look at the comments here and see how many answered with prediction that ARMYs will act bezerk..

Another exhibit - antis and trolls will keep feeding and highlighting past stories with exaggeration, to show that ARMYs are really crazy and always at fault (even injected the narrative “Laboum never really recovered” lol)

I do remember some back lash Chen got when he first revealed he was getting married and going to get a baby soon, and some fans did got upset. But no one cares to find tweets or videos that show some fans crying or doing some crazy things. But watch antis blowing things out of proportion if it happens to BTS. There will be threads upon threads of think pieces and any other negative news they could come across.

So my take is, yes there will be the usual delulu ARMYs that are probably solo stans that will get upset, and it will be blown out of proportion by antis who will continue to fan the news so people can hate on BTS and ARMY.

• Ugh, no, fans care about BTS dating life and their involvement with girls (when they are pretty) and they care a lot:

- girls in highlight reels were found out in a blink of an eye, thanks god they all were underage$

- Tae looked at a pretty fan dancing and it was discussed for weeks later, ppl went to her instagram and all that stuff. His recent involvement with that chaebol girl didn't blew up a lot cause bighit denied it so quickly and yet kfans were fuming and terrorizing. Even recent stuff with Jennie is quite telling (aside from all fanwars);

- Jin was involved in scandal just cause his co-MC called him in not really official way and kfans were fuming and stalking and asking for answers or apology or whatever;

- Yoongi just made collab with Suran and IU and fans ended up stalking Suran for years (how else do you think ppl found up abut that her post and blew it up) while he apparently made himself a main candidate for a person who IU is dating;

- recent rumor about Jimin with that idol also made a lot of noise and mess;

- do I even need to remind you of how big of a chaos was made when Kook and that tattoo girl happened?.. His 'ex-girlfriends' were never smth confirmed, it was always just a speculation on fans' part (which should already tell you a lot about how much fans are invested in his life), the only thing he himself said about it was long back in AHL when they weren't even that famous;

- jeez, Hoseok 'flirted' with that hologram girl in My Universe and next thing fans did was digging up her insta, her nationality and where she lives and that was just a green screen. Usually fans do stuff like this under narrative 'ppl think we symp for BTS but we actually symp for those hot girls' but, surprise, none of dudes appearing near BTS gets even half of such attention.

I thought at least Japanese fans are chill but apparently they were fuming and very angry when news about bighit making Japanese girl group broke out.

So yeah, if even such unofficial and minor stuff gets a lot of attention then you can only imagine what it'll look like when they'll date officially (unless, of course, any official news will be delivered in 50 years). And that's only from fans' side, while non-fans are always somehow invested in any BTS' business. especially 'spicy' one, anyway. And yeah, Kook getting dating officially will be hell, especially if it will someone who society does not 'approve' like that tattoo girl.

Edit: also Kook being involved in 2 big gay ships won't help him either cause shippers will either hate on him or make some tinhat theories about it being fake or cover up or whatever.

• Everyone’s talking about delusional ARMYs but what about delusional shippers. Even when the Tae situation happened shippers were mad he unfollowed. Sadly it’s the price of their fame. Because if who they are and industry they’re in drama will always find them every time something new happens. As long as they’re happy I will personally be happy.

• I mean we all saw what happened in the case of the tattoo girl and they didn't even date (at least as we know of) imagine the dumpster fire if turnes out he is (or any of them) actually dating and that someone's identity gets out :pepe-cross:

I just hope the international side of the fandom can be more mature about it, after what happened with Chen and other idols I'm not that sure about the K-side ......

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!