JYPE reuploads Dahyun and Chaeyoung Melody Project

• After the recent controversy, JYP decided to reupload the melody project. No hanbok this time. I think that it wasn't fair for them to take the design of the hanbok. Regarding what JYP said about the thing, yes it was ordered by a hanbok company but the design made by the stylist was way too close to the Jisoo style in How You Like That.

Here's the new video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• well there went 5 million views pooof.

😭

I figured it was an external thing and not intentional as Twice and BP seem to have no issues with each other. So I honestly did not think the artists or company (JYP) went out of there way to cause issues in this case.

I think in most cases whether its plagiarism or CA or whatever I don't think anyone intends to cause issues its always an oversight or mistake...

• I think in most cases whether its plagiarism or CA or whatever I don't think anyone intends to cause issues its always an oversight or mistake...

I agree in J-Pop especially I have seen a couple times where people purposely copy other artists. They tend to be more successful when admitting to purposely copying over the artists who accidentally do or appear to have simple similarities, somehow though which baffles me 🤦‍♀️ this has only happened like 2-3 times in kpop from what I remember though

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I agree in J-Pop especially I have seen a couple times where people purposely copy other artists. They tend to be more successful when admitting to purposely copying over the artists who accidentally do or appear to have simple similarities, somehow though which baffles me 🤦‍♀️ this has only happened like 2-3 times in kpop from what I remember though

I didn't know that about j-pop...well thats worse lol do they do it before the copying???? lol

• Isn't there an option to edit the mv without deleting the whole video and the views, cause bp have done it before both in hylt and lsg with jennie's scene...

Not for everyone. You can only trim, blur and change audio, not replace scenes. YG probably has some kind of special contract with YT that allows them to do it.

• I didn't know that about j-pop...well thats worse lol do they do it before the copying???? lol

Usually no, they get called out and then they go "well yea I copied them because they were successful and I want to be too" This happened with a lot of Utada copies in the early 2000s but thankfully the only two who ended up staying in the industry, ended up making their own music sound after their first two albums. Mai Kuraki is the biggest name to have been forced into that mold at the beginning of her career, she is doing very well in R&B now.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• why reupload when they can just remove and replaced the seen without actually deleting the first video ? there's goes the 5 million views...

Is that possible? I have my own YouTube channel and I've never figured out how to do that. Didn't the same thing happen with Lovesick Girls? Jennie's outfit was too controversial so they reuploaded it or was it on the same post? Just a simple question :)

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Not for everyone. You can only trim, blur and change audio, not replace scenes. YG probably has some kind of special contract with YT that allows them to do it.

Don't know about a special contract tbh, maybe it has to do with their suscribers? Idk, but I guess jyp had no other option otherwise they would've done too.

An unfortunate situation all in all.

• Is that possible? I have my own YouTube channel and I've never figured out how to do that. Didn't the same thing happen with Lovesick Girls? Jennie's outfit was too controversial so they reuploaded it or was it on the same post? Just a simple question :)

it was the same post for Jennie . They just edited out the whole nurse scene and replace it with the new one but the views is still there

YG edited Lisa scene too due to CA on HYLT mvs and the views is still there

so i assume that u can edit ur video that already uploaded

• it was the same post for Jennie . They just edited out the whole nurse scene and replace it with the new one but the views is still there

Ah, I see. I was always confused about that actually because I thought it was reuploaded but it still had the same amount of views. I didn't know you can do that.

Oh, I see. I actually didn't notice that but I didn't become a K-POP stan until after the comeback so I see. Thanks for telling me that because I was confused <3

• Not for everyone. You can only trim, blur and change audio, not replace scenes. YG probably has some kind of special contract with YT that allows them to do it.

twice did a premium series with Youtube so if they wanted to, they have that contact. but I'm guessing the process isn't an easy/simple one and since it's just a melody project they were like fuck it just delete and reupload

• it was the same post for Jennie . They just edited out the whole nurse scene and replace it with the new one but the views is still there

Is that possible? I have my own YouTube channel and I've never figured out how to do that. Didn't the same thing happen with Lovesick Girls? Jennie's outfit was too controversial so they reuploaded it or was it on the same post? Just a simple question :)

The editing is not publicly available. You have to go through unusual channels. It has not been publicized how you can get it done.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!