Did EVERGLOW lose some of their hype since La Di Da?

• This thread is not intended to say bad things about EVERGLOW. Please comment respectfully and do not insult EVERGLOW.

EVERGLOW had so much hype after Adios era. They were successful in some countries, but not Korea. Dun Dun made them even more popular. It was a very controversial era, but it was successful and the views are amazing.

Somehow, their hype was there in La Di Da era, and I don't see anyone mentioning them since First. LITERALLY NO NEWSPAPERS know about their comeback, which never happened in Adios - Dun Dun eras. Now Pirate didn't have that much hype either. That was a bit weird for me, like they should have been more successful after Dun Dun, but I see less people talking about them, which is sad.

That being said, their songs are bops. I like all of their title until now, but Bon Bon Chocolate remains superior. Pirate, their latest release, was great. I wish people paid more attention to them.

Can you share your honest opinions or did you have any ideas among this problem?

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• People didn't like first at all ( I did) after they drop ladida which people seem to love, like even those who said their older combs were noise like it and when they cmb with first people was not into it at all. Also more 4th gen GG's with a lot of hype debuting/cmb stole any attention they could have

• ladida wasnt received well, hence their hype gone down. First literally didnt have any impact

Not sure why this happened because Ladida is a very catchy song.

• I don't think the hype translated to more fans just to more casual listeners imo, its hard to keep it up when u are mostly dependent on casual listeners. If only they have released Dun Dun after building decent fanbase it could become major hit internationally. They need more fans imo

• la di da was the best 2020 release I can see why first didn’t do well internationally but la di da is really underrated it’s weird that before they released dun dun which was a hit internationally but their sales kept decreasing I don’t even understand their company isn’t promoting yiren in China at least they could have that.

they just drop a cb promote on music shows for a week then dip.

I’ve been rooting for them since their debut and it was cool when people were talking about rookies groups the were mentioning everglow now they are super underrated

• Everglow seems to have stagnated, and it's scaring me.

Their sales did not increase and last I saw they only had 16k ULs on melon.

I'm hoping Sihyeon starts acting soon before Yuehua ships Yiren off to China like they did Chengxiao.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Will this be an unpopular opinion? Releasing la di da after dun dun was a wrong move. The sound of la di da is alot different from dun dun and adios.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Everglow seems to have stagnated, and it's scaring me.

Their sales did not increase and last I saw they only had 16k ULs on melon.

I'm hoping Sihyeon starts acting soon before Yuehua ships Yiren off to China like they did Chengxiao.

How they can they sell less and less every cb usually groups even if their last cb isn’t a success commercial they still increase in sales like 2 years ago EG debut album sold over 17k copies which was huge back then now they are selling only 30k-40k copies it’s weird

Yuehua is a top company in China so why don’t they milk yiren here some groups with no Chinese members are bigger than everglow here

• How they can they sell less and less every cb usually groups even if their last cb isn’t a success commercial they still increase in sales like 2 years ago EG debut album sold over 17k copies which was huge back then now they are selling only 30k-40k copies it’s weird

Yuehua is a top company in China so why don’t they milk yiren here some groups with no Chinese members are bigger than everglow here

I feel like if they promote Yiren in China she will do well, which could lead to less comebacks as a full group. Cube did well in promoting Yuqi in China while keeping her active in G-IDLE. But Yuehua doesn't have a good track record for balancing promotions in China and Korea.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Everglow for some reason can't turn casuals into stans. Dun dun and adios are bigger than any loona and dreamcatcher song but the other two sell better.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• When Everglow debut, not many gg did girls crush concept so they had a lot of hype. But now everyone and their mama are doing girl crush so the hype got shared amongst everyone. Not to mention gg stans are quick to move on to their next young hot rookies, just notice how often they use 'fresh face' for any young groups you will understand. I expect the same thing to happen to some mid-size company ggs when JYP/YG/HYBE debut theirs.

• I don't think the hype translated to more fans just to more casual listeners imo, its hard to keep it up when u are mostly dependent on casual listeners. If only they have released Dun Dun after building decent fanbase it could become major hit internationally. They need more fans imo

I agree with you. I feel like people at the time usually like the BLACKPINK-similar-ish sound. The GIRLCRUSH vibe.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

YOUR SIGGGGGGG OMG I SCREAMED BECAUSE I AM A BRIGHTWIN AND I'M GONNA FOLLOW F4 THAILAND

• the group lacks someone who is popular.

They tried so hard to push mia and shihyeon but they are just not popular

Yiren is also not that popular. Very hard to become more popular if you dont have a strong stan attractor.

Adding yena, afterall coule have helped but i think Yuehua might be afraid of backlash from it

• They lost hype during ladida era. I know everyone says they like the song but that wasn't the reality of most other people especially after the hype of dun dun. The numbers show that it wasn't as well received as their previous songs. It's very sad since ladida is my favourite song of theirs.

They got back some hype during the teasers for First. I remember the teaser trailer got a lot of views but the actual song was very weak and it seemed to have lost them the last of the hype. The mv was also a mess compared to their other releases and so not even visual stans could save it.

For everglow I think they suffered the most from other newer groups debuting. During their debut year, there weren't that many 4th gen groups so gg stans gave them a lot of hype. But they failed to grow a steady fan base and depended mostly on casuals. When other ggs debuted, people moved on. They had so many antis before for every comeback but even they don't care anymore.

• people say that just line in Mamamoo's case here as well they are group most hit by losing cfan support

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They lost hype during ladida era. I know everyone says they like the song but that wasn't the reality of most other people especially after the hype of dun dun. The numbers show that it wasn't as well received as their previous songs. It's very sad since ladida is my favourite song of theirs.

They got back some hype during the teasers for First. I remember the teaser trailer got a lot of views but the actual song was very weak and it seemed to have lost them the last of the hype. The mv was also a mess compared to their other releases and so not even visual stans could save it.

For everglow I think they suffered the most from other newer groups debuting. During their debut year, there weren't that many 4th gen groups so gg stans gave them a lot of hype. But they failed to grow a steady fan base and depended mostly on casuals. When other ggs debuted, people moved on. They had so many antis before for every comeback but even they don't care anymore.

Your point is what I have been thinking about. Numbers show La Di Da didn't do as well as Dun Dun and Adios.

I feel like if they released Pirate after Dun Dun it would have been better.

• yes

Ladida was very good

and then i don't know what happen with Yuehua they decided that First and Pirates were good song which was the worst decision ever

But the decline happened during ladida.

While many here (including me) love that song, apparently that song isnt received well going by numbers (spotify, youtube).

And Pirate is a good song. Had it been released after Dun Dun, they will likely hit it big

• But the decline happened during ladida.

While many here (including me) love that song, apparently that song isnt received well going by numbers (spotify, youtube).

And Pirate is a good song. Had it been released after Dun Dun, they will likely hit it big

100% agree with this. I think if Pirate was released after Dun Dun, it would be very successful.

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!