[PN] Ariana Grande stirs controversy for allegedly trying to look Asian

• source: Ariana Grande stirs controversy for allegedly trying to look Asian

Ariana Grande stirs controversy for allegedly trying to look like an Asian
    She causes controversy for being a white person who, back then, looking like a black person and now an Asian person instiz -I think Wester...
    pannative.blogspot.com

de6f8e3175ea509eb052c218c33820ea.jpeg

M0uk2AsekhcttB2CXXgZksz77YnsI2UXaExlB6OLMKZhDsmNJTySFe0ldrqUwEabvs3uxIW7VP4zgdkU3Pw87eCLhSOB0gXsZIgQvh2XuDxptgq8AwFnwK78Qdl_TBcElHVGaRvvOgI0Bo6c=s0-d

IrUOAfQra6WTxkCBBXQ3INOX5-DLiGF-yqr--hdpoR9UHBlcprBPrPhA6W1_Pr3QpwrtxWGNZHA27u4cg5x38apBvoHFRvKig98kNLMGBJiePg3t4xbpMo-5zxHIDaN2eegys4iIqOtqbKaT=s0-d

UB30qFJojd8ht-A5SeB_3ds29xS0ZPQyQBJOykWrXTh8T4I2Ttz_a-tSS6_JlvKy3vTEQPkst3jpJN7hwS75PEtPQM9Jz_a1HGpnpXghYyrhO_Kz4xI-LVCG5bKTxKxY2W_51GbFMtYn-t-X=s0-d

O2ePByTkwyimS6jktdH4AQWMYgg_3IYPRDwaZy5IJ-TzDWfGAc452fmdEbxNAzBXyifP_VNVdKbL-9J1eDhdUCSMdARRrDTBgtsXwB-uGO2s-VrfvYvNEgucZGJfvBGmosIn0YExCfbbBTdO=s0-d

zNSsIybl0zDo-8cpchou9dE3DIoSUhAXh2ImMKA1k6mHC3I_1FgrTZpOLN38xPwB2lxRLtxh1PkonGcx_OaRx1kf0tTT5vpw_A1Sd_GN4nZaWOTi4tNprgNERSDVTthuF4ro0FAH3Fak_6DO=s0-d

aVFtdOD3FfqkrRN1DRnkxAWZmi4Cs8ZugTF0uA1HDufc_Blc8Oj7R-deb6I1LIqZf9kgcPbhDss9Sa3SQDqZ4vjJrYVR9Kk8mXZfAgs1mGfW7IZh-mswIvVuvo4PlJtdae9XhibatZKnMJTy=s0-d

18zFr3OF1MxoOROj0egtcZja3R9vQaH-z4LeLCR0o8SolFoz8OdWIQt0urKs8xOrZh_Z3kE0Lpjie_MO26kRhuOTFri9BBVNS2xysR1z070IfafeEUnUftBuVwS3YEN9h95haFcJv0qyTSnz=s0-d

CmQyywU74vYpQmeLoXXdHw0TyWdAWK4-3ztffwnF-w0PpF4p-so9m-n1ZN5jbqO5RG377PxMcFIcRXwGJxi62h9q5SQqC6N_ERaB9fAAoHoflYexcFGyRNhLk7xbQwOqQwGlg8ZfsyuXR9W3=s0-d

2Xi0Nun2yx-maTriwVvE0z6YZ8yAXYmOh4nXrnITENorWtydzH-qcFZJeV-Ec2Mg__tj4Iin-mX90_qXkvO2vZodFV4BU5Y6SzbZOaOVp4Cr6TkPUtC1KmkzIeDa1Jh58gAqKdxXTYNMWl7N=s0-d

She caused a controversy for being a white person who, back then, was accused of looking like a black/mixed person and now an Asian person

Source: instiz

-I think Westerners are very sensitive about that, I personally think it's not offensive. I mean, no one is harmed by her looking like that.

-I don't know how to react to this but... I think she doesn't suit that style at all. She looks like an AI model.

-Is this also considered racism? I just think she doesn't suit that style, that's all.

-What makes it different from Koreans trying out Western's makeup style?

-I think she's trying to do Fox Eye style...? I don't know

-She's free to do her makeup how she wants it to be done...

-I think she's just trying out a makeup style that's currently trending these days...?

-Huk... She's so much different than the Ariana Grande I used to know. I'm very surprised.

-I don't think she's trying to look Asian, she just has monolid eyes. I think people who are saying that she's trying to look Asian are the racist ones.

-It fascinates me how they used to make fun of Asians because of our eyes, and now it's becoming a makeup trend.

-I don't see why it should be a controversy. For me, it just appears that she changes her makeup style.

-I've always thought she's Latina...

-Whoa... She looks like a whole different person...

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• What makes it different from Koreans trying out Western's makeup style?

:pepefrog::pepe-tea:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What makes it different from Koreans trying out Western's makeup style?

:pepefrog::pepe-tea:

That it's not just makeup but PS allegedly? Twitter wasn't accusing her of doing Korean makeup but doing PS to look Asian, if I understand it correctly :/

mKl7Ghm.png

• -It fascinates me how they used to make fun of Asians because of our eyes, and now it's becoming a makeup trend.

Anyways this is why us Asian-Americans kind of side eye this trend. Because we were made fun of it growing up for our eyes something WE CANNOT CHANGE and were told we looked ugly or weird or silly but now some white models and singers mimic it and all of a sudden it's "trendy and cool".

And when we complain we're told "to chill and that we should be thankful". Thankful? Fuck outta here lol.

~ ω

• That it's not just makeup but PS allegedly? Twitter wasn't accusing her of doing Korean makeup but doing PS to look Asian, if I understand it correctly :/

I've just copied comment which you translated/re-posted?

personal opinion is that she looks like she has tons of eyeshadow on her eyelid + that black lines, what this shit is called? eyeliner? whatever, it's done with sharp angles

I remember that one or two dancers in SWF also had similar make up

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ariana Grande Before And After Transformation | BEAUTY/crew

Ariana Grande Plastic Surgery: Before and After | WHO Magazine

I think she's always been very pretty but she really does look like a different person every few years. The worst was when they botched her eyebrows.

Ariana Grande - Songs, Age & Facts - Biography

r/awfuleyebrows - Ariana Grande. Usually people progress with their brows. Hers got worse

Ariana Grande Plastic Surgery REVEALED! Then And Now

someone was talking the other day about ari's brow lift?? poor thing :  Botchedsurgeries | Ariana grande makeup, Ariana grande nose, Bad makeup

mKl7Ghm.png

• I've just copied comment which you translated/re-posted?

personal opinion is that she looks like she has tons of eyeshadow on her eyelid + that black lines, what this shit is called? eyeliner? whatever, it's done with sharp angles

I remember that one or two dancers in SWF also had similar make up

Yeah and I was just explaining that the issue for which she is being called out for wasn't with makeup?

mKl7Ghm.png

• Yeah and I was just explaining that the issue for which she is being called out for wasn't with makeup?

maybe then she had some kind of eye correction

I know she had very bad sight

so in addition some doc could tweak her a bit

but I need more normal photos

all those posted there are very low quality

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

mKl7Ghm.png

• It’s just her eyebrows and eye makeup or are ppl saying she changed her eyes? I don’t get it

People said she changed her eyes but knetz are acting as if the issue is that she changed her makeup style

mKl7Ghm.png

• I don't think she's trying to look Asian.

People are reaching.

She may have adapted a makeup style that mimics monolids (which is something else and that's up to people of Asian descent to decide if that's good or bad), but I don't think that girl is somehow trying to Oli London herself.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• But she clearly still has a double eyelid in these photos. She just went for a different makeup style that highlights other features.

I lowkey have to agree with this knetz:

-What makes it different from Koreans trying out Western's makeup style?

And if people from Korea/asia aren't offended at her trying an East Asian makeup style I'm not sure why anyone else should be.

• These comments show how perspectives and sensitivities change from one society/culture to another. homogenous societies care far less about culture appropriation than mixed ones for lack of day to day clash between minorities and non-minorities. Unless it is something more serious like straight out culture theft.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!