Lee Jae Hwan from CJ Group accused of sponsoring former female Idol which is still a celebrity

• cjchaebol.jpg

According to 8 News, chaebol Lee Jae Hwan has been "sponsoring" former female idol A, who is currently a celebrity personality. He's known as the youngest brother of the CJ Group's presiding president as well as the chairperson of a subsidiary company.

Screenshots of alleged text messages by Lee Jae Hwan give instructions on how to handle A's music promotions. The messages state, "As for A, she seems to be more interested in music distribution than her YouTube activities, so I've already told our music business department to cooperate with her for the confirmation of her music releases and upcoming promotions."

Another screenshot details a conversation between the two that indicates a friendly and possibly romantic relationship. A writes, "Mr. Chairman, what are you up to? It's cold so don't go outside," and he responds, "Thinking of A."

akp article

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/12/lee-jae-hwan-of-cj-group-accused-of-sponsoring-former-female-idol

Korean source: - here it also suggests that after he made some contacts then female A appeared as regular in one of programs in tv channels owned by CJ Group

CJ이재환 연예인 A씨 "회장님 뭐하세요"→고정 발탁?
    CJ그룹 이재현 회장의 막냇동생이자 한 투자회사 대표인 이재환 회장과 얽힌 가수 출신 여자 연예인 A씨에게 대중의 이목이 쏠렸다. 지난 11월 30일 SBS는 이재환 회장에 대한 여성 편력 논란에 대해 보도했다. 내용 중에는 가수 출신 연예인 A 씨와 이 회장이 주고받은…
    enews.imbc.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Former idol who now does Youtube but wants to get back into music? I'm not gonna speculate, that could be anyone. I hope the wrong people don't get accused of being her, though.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• No way did I just read what I think I read in K-comments. No way. It can't be her. She's barely an adult, only in her early twenties. Has to be somebody else. No. NO.

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Poor girl, I hope she doesn't get exposed for doing what a majority of women in k-ent have to do

uh...i don't think its fair to say "the majority of women in k-ent" do this stuff... or that they "have to". many of the people who do it are coerced into it by their companies anyway which SHOULD be exposed. the girl just shouldnt be subject to backlash

who's your favorite artist?

Edited once, last by aclassyteaparty ().

• uh...i don't think its fair to say "the majority of women in k-ent" do this stuff... or that they "have to". many of the people who do it are coerced into it by their companies anyway which SHOULD be exposed. the girl just should be subject to backlash

majorify deffo doesn't do it!

in same time things like that must happen because even in two kdrama about Idols there are stories like that

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sex/romance/companionship for favors like career advancement is something as old as humanity itself. This shit happens in every industry in every culture around the world.

It is disgusting that the companies push it as much as they do still and that it is even an common practice in the first place. If they choose to do it on their own then cool beans but the fact that 9/10 they are forced into these situations, it makes me freaking sick.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• uh...i don't think its fair to say "the majority of women in k-ent" do this stuff... or that they "have to". many of the people who do it are coerced into it by their companies anyway which SHOULD be exposed. the girl just should be subject to backlash

Sponsors are pretty common not just in the idol industry but the acting industry as well. There was a survey from a few years back that that asked hundreds of actresses and idols from the very top of their career to nugus, most of them said they had sponsors.

I don't see why the girl should be getting any backlash when she's just trying to survive in a cruel industry. For a lot of celebrities, getting a sponsor is the only way to get certain roles or cfs or support at all. Especially if they aren't from larger companies

• It is disgusting that the companies push it as much as they do still and that it is even an common practice in the first place. If they choose to do it on their own then cool beans but the fact that 9/10 they are forced into these situations, it makes me freaking sick.

This is the perfect statement right here. If this is coerced by either the sponsor or the company, it is criminal behavior like what happened with Weinstein and Crosby. Clearest example of men using their power to exploit women.

OTOH, If the relationship involves two consenting adults willingly engaging in a sex for favors relationship, then i have no problems with it. Each party knows clearly what they'll be getting and the price they have to pay. And nobody should be demonized if the relationship becomes public. But we know Kpop fans, especially their insane attitudes regarding sex. I can GUARANTEE that folks will be slutshaming her within seconds of her identity being released.

• I don't see why the girl should be getting any backlash when she's just trying to survive in a cruel industry. For a lot of celebrities, getting a sponsor is the only way to get certain roles or cfs or support at all. Especially if they aren't from larger companies

it was a typo i meant shouldnt

and also you still cannolo quantify how "common" smtg is when there is no statistic. yes, it is smtg that happens and probably to more people than we even expect. but you can say its "common practice" or that the "majority" do it. its not normal or good.

who's your favorite artist?

• This is the perfect statement right here. If this is coerced by either the sponsor or the company, it is criminal behavior like what happened with Weinstein and Crosby. Clearest example of men using their power to exploit women.

OTOH, If the relationship involves two consenting adults willingly engaging in a sex for favors relationship, then i have no problems with it. Each party knows clearly what they'll be getting and the price they have to pay. And nobody should be demonized if the relationship becomes public. But we know Kpop fans, especially their insane attitudes regarding sex. I can GUARANTEE that folks will be slutshaming her within seconds of her identity being released.

Which is the worst part of it all right there, it should not be even a thought for people to shame someone for doing what they need to, in order to take care of themselves. If it comes out the company forced it, the company should be shamed for subjecting young girls to this against their will. If she chose to do it and is of legal age then it should be viewed as nothing more than a normal business thing.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Why are people acting like this is NOT common

Oh, and it's often the big companies that are more adept at this, like CJ. Regardless of what ifans like to make themselves believe

• Happens very often, even men nowadays got Sponsors lol…

Let this women have a her Sugar Daddy in peace ( unless he is abusing her :eyes:)… I don’t know how this is anyones business or why we should know about this.

This news will just lead to people speculate who that female Idol could be and they won’t be nice to her…

• it was a typo i meant shouldnt

and also you still cannolo quantify how "common" smtg is when there is no statistic. yes, it is smtg that happens and probably to more people than we even expect. but you can say its "common practice" or that the "majority" do it. its not normal or good.

Exactly how does saying something is common practice equal an endorsement to you?

But fine, rainbows and unicorns for you

• Sponsors are pretty common not just in the idol industry but the acting industry as well. There was a survey from a few years back that that asked hundreds of actresses and idols from the very top of their career to nugus, most of them said they had sponsors.

I don't see why the girl should be getting any backlash when she's just trying to survive in a cruel industry. For a lot of celebrities, getting a sponsor is the only way to get certain roles or cfs or support at all. Especially if they aren't from larger companies

Having sponsors is indeed common practice… even people like influencers have them…

But I feel they are releasing this to make it look like something really worse… like the whole tone of it. As if they want to paint it as a scandal…

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!