Who is the general public and why are they relevant in kpop?

• All I've heard is how certain groups are huge amongst the general public like G.O.D, but even they admitted H.O.T had more fans than them. So who is the GP exactly?

• General public from what I can gather is more of a girl group concept, take Sistar for example they didn't sell that much albums but got plenty of cf deals and their songs did well digitally, lack of album sales in this case is more to show a smaller fanbase in this case, so GP is non-fans I suppose.

• Stan

Fan

Casual Fan

Casual Listener

General public (General Public is literally my mom. She dgaf about kpop. She only knows ddu du ddu du but she doesn't even know BP has 4 members and she doesn't even know their face, she is the true gp)

I usually divide like this

• GP is supposed to mean casual listeners or people who don't normally listen at all, but people will usually twist it to whatever definition is convenient for fan wars or discrediting certain acts.

• How u distinguish between casual listener and casual fan?

Stan - buy everything

Fan - occasionally buy something to support, listen to their music

Casual fan - listen only, not buying physicals

Casual listener ??

GP - e.g. my friends that dont even know the group but only know the songs as they go viral

• Stan - buy everything, go concerts, decorate her/his room with aesthetics of the group, watch all contents, vote and stream consistently

Fan - occasionally buy to support, listen all their music, vote and stream for important things, watch most contents

Casual Fan - listen all their music, watch some contents, but won't vote or stream, just enjoyer

Casual listener - listen their music thats it, doesn't have to know all their music for example just 60% or 70% of the discography, but loosely follow the group and usually listen their new releases

GP - yeah as u have said viral or hit song, but dont know nothing about the group even dont know its kpop

• Stan - buy everything, go concerts, decorate her/his room with aesthetics of the group, watch all contents, vote and stream consistently

Fan - occasionally buy to support, listen all their music, vote and stream for important things, watch most contents

Casual Fan - listen all their music, watch some contents, but won't vote or stream, just enjoyer

Casual listener - listen their music thats it, doesn't have to know all their music for example just 60% or 70% of the discography, but loosely follow the group and usually listen their new releases

GP - yeah as u have said viral or hit song, but dont know nothing about the group even dont know its kpop

That's a consistent guide I must say!

• the general public means regular netizens they can be casual listeners or not

if the general public knows who you are then you probably made it :wink:

Let's use Street woman fighter, they definitely are relevant with the general public hence their huge popularity if it wasn't for that they wouldn't be everywhere getting cf's left and right

Then I guess I'm a fan. I don't buy merch, decorate, or vote much (just for music shows and year-end awards). I do stream everyday and buy most physical albums though, and try to keep up with variety shows.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

im just casual listener in this case even to kpop group i said i stan :eyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!