why is hate towards bts so normalized?

• literally, hating bts is the only thing that makes kpop stans come together. people will jump to the defense of a million nugu groups if the word flop is even mentioned in passing, but with bts its all fun and games and kekeing even when some disgusting shit is being said.

kpop stans will never admit they were the bullies they tried to paint armys as all along.

• Go to Best Answer
  • I didn't wanna draw this connection but i will cause im tired of seeing ARMY cry about this.

1) Every group gets hate. People will come together across fandom lines to drag anyone. It happens to SM, BTS, BP, Twice etc. If your a big name, people are gonna hate you.

2) I'd say its like American Stan twitters hate for white people. White people ruined everything is a common joke online and used in various ways. There something about hitting/knocking out the persons/thing at the center/top of power (if that makes sense). BTS have alot, so people like hating on them because its meaningless and at the end of the day, BTS will still be successful.

• This is how you see it. Not every 'kpop fan' is the same. I personally never hated on any group, why would i, if i don't like someone, i'm not trying to waste my time on it. (also if someone complains about people hating on their favorite group i would expect them to not do the same to other groups)
    With that said: i always liked and supported BTS.

• People tend to hate success, and I'm not saying that just because I stan bts. I mean even when it comes to just popular trends or clothes or anything, people tend to want to rip it down or stop the success from skyrocketing for various reasons. Some really might be jealous, or they feel that their faves are threatened, or they are sexist or racist. The truth of the matter is that pop stars, for all the support and love they get, will also have a booming group of people who just hate their very existence and thats unfortunately just how it is.

• Best Answer

I think a lot of kpop fans feel this moral superiority to Armys and they think that just because a part of the Army fandom is toxic, any hate, even extreme, towards BTS is justified and deserved.

And as you said that hate can unite the kpop community more than anything else which can speak volumes for the people who are part of it.

• And to add something else. In all my years in kpop I have seen no other idol's family member ridiculed and disrespected the same way Tae's late grandma was for years. And people said it was deserved and laughed and laughed. So that tells a lot about this weird moral superiority of the kpop community which is as fake as it comes.

• And to add something else. In all my years in kpop I have seen no other idol's family member ridiculed and disrespected the same way Tae's late grandma was for years. And people said it was deserved and laughed and laughed. So that tells a lot about this weird moral superiority of the kpop community which is as fake as it comes.

That's terrible. No words for people that disrespected him and his family like that. But i've seen similar thing with other idol sadly (but of course, the bigger the fandom, more people know about it).

• People saying 'Everything that is popular is hated u_u' really miss the point on how vicious and sytematic the attacks against ARMY and BTS members were.

And honestly, I don't know. A mix of jealousy, envy, and frustration at seeing a group from a nugu company destroy everything despite the odds. A lot of kpop stans are breathlessly waiting for them to disband, for military enlistement, for anything that they can use to shoot them down and have them disappear.

From then they will gladly re-write history, claiming that BTS wasn't that impressive anyway. Any group could have done it.

• That's terrible. No words for people that disrespected him and his family like that. But i've seen similar thing with other idol sadly (but of course, the bigger the fandom, more people know about it).

I am sorry it happened to others too because as you said it was terrible. This is not ok.

It was disgusting because they even found her picture and made fun of her. A deceased person. And they called him an attention seeker for mourning her.

• I'm already seeing the "it happens to everyone" narrative so I'm guessing we won't be seeing anyone create threads or comments complaining about how their faves are treated etc.?

Because you know... It happens to everyone we should all deal with it...

Ok cool.

Just noting for future that complaints and frustrations can be dismissed. Got it.

:thumbup:

• BTS are getting all the awards, are the most popular group in the world, get most of the praise and recognition outside of Korea, their faves get mistaken for BTS, if you ask someone what kpop groups are out there they will likely say BTS. Its why Kpop stans can come together and unite against BTS because that's their common obstacle to their faves being #1. They hope that the hate, defamation, scandals etc can somehow stop them but BTS keep growing and it bothers them so much.

But personally I stopped caring recently because:

1. BTS have army

2. BTS have cemented themselves in history and are legendary no matter what kpop fans say

3. Every group gets hate when they are successful. BTS may have more but its natural.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!