The 4th Gen of Kpop has 3 years to catch up with BTS in order to shut IU out of Leadership

• Right now, the ambition of Lee Jieun is being checked by BTS, which is so overwhelming that the entire world follows it.

However, thanks to younger Korean men who want to see BTS in the military no matter what, they will have to go.

Which means IU, the dowager singer, the Senior Singer and the most ultrareactionary, ultradomestic and ultraisolationist singer of Korean Pop (she only became part of KPop in this year after spotify forced Melon to its terms), will probably take over the control of KPop in 2024 when Jin, Suga, JHope and RM are all in the military.

I have said quite a few times that she would try to reform KPop to the old ways, emphasizing vocals and discouraging foreign activities since although she has some following outside of Korea, she will never reach the level of BTS or other major idols internationally.

However, if there are 4th Generation acts which are at least half as popular as BTS, she won't be able to raise her bid to take over Kpop again.

In other words, KPop acts have two years to expand their reaches, so the ultimate adversary of KPop won't be able to strike KPop from the back, like she did with her song "You & I" and defeated SNSD exactly 10 years before today, again.

I hope they can pull the job, because if IU becomes the leading singer of KPop in 2024, like 2017, then this time KPop is dealt the ultimate blow.

• she only became part of KPop in this year after spotify forced Melon to its terms)

Did you not induct her into kpop with Bbibbi.. be consistent in your conspiracy theories, please :)

So you mean Blackpink and other 3rd gen are no competition to the Senior Singer, that the 4th gen has to step up?

In any case, I am thinking that BTS is the peak of Kpop to the west, anybody in the future will not have the fervor caused by them, even if they are successful. And even BTS will focus back on Korea, after this foray. As RM said, they don't expect to be the mainstream in the West.

And vocalists are never going away, BTS or not. It is ridiculous to think about music industry where vocalists are not significant factors.

Choreography/Visuals are the Butter, but vocalists are the Bread.

Music consumption is still highly through listening, than seeing. So vocals can't be written off.

Irrespective of IU or BTS.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!