Don’t panic but there’s a relatively high chance of the most contagious corona version spreading in Korea

• Of course. But the reality is that too many refuse to get vaccinated. We're at a meagre 70% where I'm from, and getting vaccinated is anything but easy.

My colleagues and I tried to make an appointment for our booster jab (since we can't work from home) for example and we all got turned away. There are no open slots until March or April next year - at which point we'll all be 4-5 months overdue for the booster.

There's 76k new cases per day now and it's being reported that hospitals are near collapse. But over here the pandemic was handled badly from day one so this latest failure really doesn't come as a surprise anymore.

I don't get how my mess of a country don't have that issue? On october 13 i took my first shot, i didn't have to make an appointment, i just came. They asked me what vaccine do i want and that was that. Btw, vaccines that are available here are pfizer, chinese (sinopharm) and russian (sputnik v). Astrazeneka was also available, I'm not sure if it's still, if it is then nobody or barely anybody is talking it.

I got a text informing me when i should come to get a 2nd shot. I was supposed to come on november 3 at 11:30am but i had a migraine and couldn't come. I came tomorrow (november 4) at 5:30pm and there was no issues. Everyone here can take a booster, there are more than enough vaccines.

• But what do we do when hospitals are full? Leave patients to die in the parking lot?

This may sound callous, but we do the same thing that we always do when there are too many sick people for the hospitals. Triage.

Decide which ones you can save, and do what you can for them. Sadly, you let the rest go and hope they can find help somewhere else.

Large scale vaccination will help prevent the hospital overcrowding problem too.

My heart has a hole in the shape of you

• Germany. We managed OK thus far, but then began to slack and get careless and now it seems like we really messed up with the 4th wave. The situation in the south and east (lowest vaccination rate) is pretty alarming and I personally worry that if we simply allow numbers to escalate even further, we could very well have even more new mutations on our hands soon.

Ich komme auch aus De, hast du wirklich erst im April Termine bekommen? :o Welches Bundesland?

• Ich komme auch aus De, hast du wirklich erst im April Termine bekommen? :o Welches Bundesland?

Nrw. Ich habe leider bisher gar keinen Termin bekommen. Ab März oder April sollte ich mich nochmal telefonisch melden, was natürlich viel zu spät wäre.

Meine Kolleginnen und ich haben mehrere Ärzte angerufen nachdem unser Chef uns aufgefordert hatte uns bitte rechtzeitig zu bemühen, aber alle sagten es seie absolut nicht machbar. Auch mein Hausarzt hat wie schon im Sommer abgelehnt, da er nach eigener Aussage überrannt wird mit Anfragen und nicht genug Impfstoff hat. Vorallem wohl da ende Dezember jetzt auch Kinder geimpft werden sollen.

Ich werde wohl wenn ich Urlaub habe mein Glück beim mobilen Impfbus versuchen. Mal gespannt wie lange man da in der Kälte steht. Im Sommer war ich beim Impfzentrum, aber die Zentren wurden ja leider geschlossen.

:peperain:

• Sadly i don't speak german :pepe-sad:

omegateatimer this was meant for you :)

• Krass, ja ich habe das schon mitbekommen, dass die Impfverteilung total ungünstig ist und ich hoffe einfach, dass sie es jetzt etwas überlegter machen.

Also ich kenne mehrere, die schon Boostertermine bekommen haben (oder hatten). Ich hoffe einfach, dass die endlich mal diese ganze Verwirrung auflösen, weil jeden Tag kommt etwas neues bezüglich der Booster-Impfung und da blickt man ja gar nicht mehr durch.

• Something weird happened :/

I'd join the convo if i knew german :pepe-cut:

Basically we are talking about how unorganized the whole supply of booster vaccines are and that it could really differ depending on which federal state you are living in. Also, the federal health department is making a lot of contradictory moves and statements which offers more reasons to be confused lmao

• Basically we are talking about how unorganized the whole supply of booster vaccines are and that it could really differ depending on which federal state you are living in. Also, the federal health department is making a lot of contradictory moves and statements which offers more reasons to be confused lmao

I heard that from our people living in germany. I don't get what's the issue? I find it weird that eu handled the vaccine issue this poorly :eyes: i expected that from my mess country (serbia), not you, but the opposite happened. In fact, even foreigners can get vaccinated here and they also don't need to make an appointment.

Having said that, our vacation rate is maybe 55% which is disappointing. we have vaccines but people don't want to get vaccinated

• I heard that from our people living in germany. I don't get what's the issue? I find it weird that eu handled the vaccine issue this poorly :eyes: i expected that from my mess country (serbia), not you, but the opposite happened. In fact, even foreigners can get vaccinated here and they also don't need to make an appointment.

Having said that, our vacation rate is maybe 55% which is disappointing. we have vaccines but people don't want to get vaccinated

It’s mostly due to the election and bureaucratic nature of Germany (lmao). Make everything more complicated than it is. I must admit that I got my first vaccination really fast and that 70% are fully vaccinated. It just the confusing rules since every federal state can do what they want and thus the situation are drastically different between each state.

Also that Germans like to complain. Lmao I admit that. It‘s quite German to complain about anything.

• Sadly i don't speak german :pepe-sad:

omegateatimer this was meant for you :)

Sorry about that, it was incredibly late ^^

But yeah, it's just really chaotic here. Most people probably don't even know what they're supposed be doing at this point. Every state and even city creates its own rules and guidelines and they keep changing. And with every change they provide us with 10+ page long legal texts instead of a simple explanation that everyone can easily understand.

Another recurring theme is a lack of vaccines. It was an issue during spring and summer and it appears to be the case yet again with vaccines being held back so that kids can get vaccinated as promised. But even that has been pushed back to the end of December. :-(

• Australia is acting fast 'Effective immediately, non-Australian citizens who have been in nine countries, including South Africa, where Omicron has been detected cannot enter Australia.'.

That's cute but it's probably already too late to contain it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!