Don’t panic but there’s a relatively high chance of the most contagious corona version spreading in Korea

• Korean government loosened corona restrictions in November. Now a new version of corona 500x more contagious, called Nü, is out in the wild. Delta variant spread in Korea with restrictions, so what are the chances Nü will also hit Korea and spread out with more Koreans traveling. And unlike Australia Korea won’t have the cojones to do the right thing. This means it might be 2020 again baby, a lot of these planned concerts might get canceled again. Of course the current vaccines aren’t as effective against new variants and don’t provide immunity, just won’t make you that sick if you catch it theoretically. If more Koreans start dying then this will most likely lead to a true lockdown of the country.

• Korean government loosened corona restrictions in November. Now a new version of corona 500x more contagious, called Nü, is out in the wild. Delta variant spread in Korea with restrictions, so what are the chances Nü will also hit Korea and spread out with more Koreans traveling. And unlike Australia Korea won’t have the cojones to do the right thing. This means it might be 2020 again baby, a lot of these planned concerts might get canceled again. Of course the current vaccines aren’t as effective against new variants and don’t provide immunity, just won’t make you that sick if you catch it theoretically. If more Koreans start dying then this will most likely lead to a true lockdown of the country.

Keep wanting to be a slave to the puppet-masters.

I bet you're one of the ones who still wears a mask out of doors while drinking your water through a flexible straw on your helmet, you absolute nutter.

• All you young people are brainwashed into paranoia. They just want to control you because it's all about optics and cosmetics to them. But keep bowing to them if it makes you feel better.

• By now, I think we're at a point that we have to accept that we must live with Covid, instead of hide from it.

Jumping in and out of lockdown constantly is not sustainable as a society.

I feel we need to do our best to protect ourselves, but start getting back again to whatever is considered a normal life these days.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• By now, I think we're at a point that we have to accept that we must live with Covid, instead of hide from it.

I feel we need to do our best to protect ourselves, but start getting back again to whatever is considered a normal life these days.

I totally agree since the Coronavirus outbreak all the prices have gone up from food to clothing to every necessity without forgetting the shortage on medication and I don't want it to get worse

But what do we do when hospitals are full? Leave patients to die in the parking lot?

• All you young people are brainwashed into paranoia. They just want to control you because it's all about optics and cosmetics to them. But keep bowing to them if it makes you feel better.

How does it feel being stupid? Not an insult, just genuinely asking since no smart person can come up with such a dumb phrase

• Get your vaccines, get your booster, test yourself and abide by the covid rules in your country. No need to lock yourself up but just be careful. Covid19 will never leave (something people said since the outbreak and even after SARS).

• But what do we do when hospitals are full? Leave patients to die in the parking lot?

It would definitely be a different or better situation if a lot of people get their vaccines. In my country, it is almost 15x more likely for someone not vaccinated to end up in the ER.

Edit: keep in mind that a lot of positive vaccinated are not testing themselves or have any symptoms. This has the consequence that it is more likely more than 15 times because this number is only in relation to the positive (likely to have symptoms) tested vaccinated people

Also, vaccines would lower the risks of mutations and variants.

• Variant this, variant that; covid is here to stay, we have to learn to live with it. Lockdowns make no sense because even vaccinated people can spread and catch covid. Get vaccinated, wear a mask, take care of yourself. We need to move on with our lives

• But what do we do when hospitals are full? Leave patients to die in the parking lot?

There have been studies done to show those who have been vaccinated do not usually get sick to the point of needing to be hospitalized - this is the reason they are pushing all of us to get vaccinated. It's not to eradicate the disease - at this point that would be impossible. Rather, it is to lower the number of cases of people who become ill enough to need to be hospitalized or worse - die. That is what we are trying to control for. We should all remember you can die from any garden variety flu and much larger numbers of us were before they started offering flu shots.

• I've heard about it but if it comes to Australia, our vaccination rates are high enough to protect ourselves. We are up to 85% fully vaccinated and nearly 95 in my state and I'm fully vaccinated. I have done well up to now to avoid it and plan to keep it that way. We will never get rid of COVID fully unfortunately.

• Person who gets banned and re-signs onto a kpop forum multiple times a week for the sole purpose of insulting teenagers and calling idols "starfuckers":

"you sound like you're sad and lonely."

Mods why can't you stop this idiot from coming back.

• Which narrative? That we're all paranoid?

That the Government is trying to control us by making us wear face masks and this yada yada. Like, some people take it too far but other people search for conspiracies everywhere

• That the Government is trying to control us by making us wear face masks and this yada yada. Like, some people take it too far but other people search for conspiracies everywhere

"The Government is taking your freedom!". I guess they are also taking my freedom when it's stated by law that wearing a seatbelt in cars is mandatory.

I'll gladly wear a mask if it keeps me and others safe.

• Yeah, just change the topic.

Well, this is a K-pop forum.

Keep wanting to be a slave to the puppet-masters.

I bet you're one of the ones who still wears a mask out of doors while drinking your water through a flexible straw on your helmet, you absolute nutter.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by pwswan ().

• It would definitely be a different or better situation if a lot of people get their vaccines. In my country, it is almost 15x more likely for someone not vaccinated to end up in the ER. Also, vaccines would lower the risks of mutations and variants.

Of course. But the reality is that too many refuse to get vaccinated. We're at a meagre 70% where I'm from, and getting vaccinated is anything but easy.

My colleagues and I tried to make an appointment for our booster jab (since we can't work from home) for example and we all got turned away. There are no open slots until March or April next year - at which point we'll all be 4-5 months overdue for the booster.

There's 76k new cases per day now and it's being reported that hospitals are near collapse. But over here the pandemic was handled badly from day one so this latest failure really doesn't come as a surprise anymore.

• Of course. But the reality is that too many refuse to get vaccinated. We're at a meagre 70% where I'm from, and getting vaccinated is anything but easy.

My colleagues and I tried to make an appointment for our booster jab (since we can't work from home) for example and we all got turned away. There are no open slots until March or April next year - at which point we'll all be 4-5 months overdue for the booster.

There's 76k new cases per day now and it's being reported that hospitals are near collapse. But over here the pandemic was handled badly from day one so this latest failure really doesn't come as a surprise anymore.

Oh no </3 Where is here?

• Oh no </3 Where is here?

Germany. We managed OK thus far, but then began to slack and get careless and now it seems like we really messed up with the 4th wave. The situation in the south and east (lowest vaccination rate) is pretty alarming and I personally worry that if we simply allow numbers to escalate even further, we could very well have even more new mutations on our hands soon.

• This thread contains 49 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!