Historical/Period drama suggestions

• I'm sorry you didn't get any recs yet! There are so many great shows like this

I don't think these are exactly similar to Downtown Abbey, but here are some great historical/period dramas

Alias Grace - more of a psychological suspense with a hint of romance, its directed by mary harron the woman that directed american psycho and it's an adaptation by the same woman that wrote handmaids tale. Fantastic acting!!

Black Sails - its a pirate show set in nassau. Its actually really fun and similar to got i really enjoyed it. The premise is that its a prequel to the book treasure island. Fun fact one of the main characters is the son of maggie smith

Rome - its definitely not similar to downtown abbey, but its one of the best historical shows ever made :shyy:

Outlander - obviously. I only watched the first season, for whatever reason i dont care about the second even though i absolutely enjoyed the first and bingewatched it really quick

Kingdom - i havent watched it but people say its good?? Its korean and theres zombies

100% sure im forgetting more

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Thank u, I will definitely check these out. I’ve heard of most of them but yes I will watch them and see thank uu :lover3:

• I agree on Outlander!

Some other historical shows that I enjoyed are Poldark, Lark Rise to Candleford, The Borgias, The Tudors, The Bletchley Circle, Pride and Prejudice mini series from 1995. BBC's Robin Hood and Merlin can be a bit campy, but they're also fun :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!