My honest opinion about the newer ggs music. No offense but it mostly sounds so similar.

• Most if not all the new girl groups after Black Pink have similar if not the same concept.

CLC, G idle, Everglow, Itzy and I don't know who else all have very similar girl crush music.

Just replace the members of one group with those of another and boom, you get quite the same thing.

The only difference I see is with Itzy dancing harder and G idle singing more and that's it.

Their music is not as unique and different as that of Snsd, 2ne1, Fx, T-ara or Red Velvet, Black Pink and Twice.

EDIT: I'm not saying that newer ggs sound like Black Pink because obviously they don't.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• sonemariam

Changed the title of the thread from “My honest opinion about the newer ggs music.” to “My honest opinion about the newer ggs music. No offense but it mostly sounds so similar.”.
  • can't knock u for ur bravery that's for sure

tenor.gif

^^ why?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• aigoo, its okay since I feel the same about most bgs

Same here

External Content www.youtube.com

• aigoo, its okay since I feel the same about most bgs

Newer boy groups or all of them?

• It's kinda true that most of the new girlgroups aren't that unique in comparison with older ggs. But many new girlgroups will debut soon. Hopefully they'll do something different. I'm done with girlcrush. Most girlgroups aren't even good at it but are still doing it.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 8 times, last by lialve ().

• But BlackPink and CLC haven't released any songs in the past year ....

:boredr::boredr::boredr::boredr::boredr:

I'm talking about since five years ago after Black Pink debuted.

• I CAN'T STOP ME CAN'T STOP ME FROM BOOBAYAH YOU GOT ME LIKE CRA CRA CRAZY IN LOVE IN YOUR AREA

:pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy::pepe-cowboy:

What???

• hmm idk i feel like they're a lot more diversity in 4th gen ggs than in 4th gen bgs, but that might just be because i'm not really digging too far into their music. there's a lot of girl crush, but you got your stayc, your weeekly, your fromis_9... we had izone (rip) and then whatever the fuck kinda concept aespa is doing... i can't tell dark boy group comebacks from the other dark boy group comeback, but that's just from me doing the bare minimum to listen to them.

• It's kinda true that most of the new girlgroups aren't that unique in comparison with older ggs. But many new girlgroups will debut soon. Hopefully they'll do something different. I'm done with girlcrush, most girlgroups aren't even good at it but still doing it.

Aespa is different so there's hope for versatility in more debuts to come.

• Kpop is all about following trends so sounds come and go in waves for groups so that's a reasonable position to hold that I do agree with as someone who likes girl groups if we look in broad terms as I generally suffered the same issue with them for most of the year. Of course before anyone calls me sexist similar stuff goes for boy group sound in general across the board but that would be going off topic but I just want to play it safe.

• well now that you mention it, I think its a blend? only a few stand out tbh but that might just be because of kpop trends

anyways they say if you stare at red velvet for too long they start morphing into twice

really? I don't think so, at least not RED VELVET especially because of their RED and VELVET concept. They are the most versatile gg ever IMO.

• The only thing I agree is that BLACKPINK popularized girl crush concept

But the example you used are so- Itzy doesn’t sound nothing unlike BP their only gg crush concept is mafia the rest lol BP will never release songs like icy or dalla dalla even their bsides are so distinct from each other

Itzy were dragged for having too much experimental sounds

Please read the OP again, I'm not comparing Black Pink to any newer group, in fact, Black Pink is one of those that are different and unique in my post.

• hmm idk i feel like they're a lot more diversity in 4th gen ggs than in 4th gen bgs, but that might just be because i'm not really digging too far into their music. there's a lot of girl crush, but you got your stayc, your weeekly, your fromis_9... we had izone (rip) and then whatever the fuck kinda concept aespa is doing... i can't tell dark boy group comebacks from the other dark boy group comeback, but that's just from me doing the bare minimum to listen to them.

Obviously, Aespa is very different because their concept is fantasy like, like that of Exo.

• Stan Purple Kiss OP, they also do amazing exo cover :eyes:

• I don't agree. The sound is totally different. Aespa/Itzy/StayC/Weeekly/OMG/BG/Twice/RV, etc all released music this year and i don't hear any similarity between them. It's like categorize every funny/sweet song as cute concept.

But your opinion so ok.

You've mixed them up. Aespa, RV, BP, Twice all sound different from every other group, but the rest not so much.

• Kpop is all about following trends so sounds come and go in waves for groups so that's a reasonable position to hold that I do agree with as someone who likes girl groups if we look in broad terms as I generally suffered the same issue with them for most of the year. Of course before anyone calls me sexist similar stuff goes for boy group sound in general across the board but that would be going off topic but I just want to play it safe.

You know I've always asked myself why I like all SM idols' music and now I think I know the answer. If I don't put into consideration anything else, it's because they don't follow trends, they mostly come up with new and very different music than that being released by other idols.

• Obviously, Aespa is very different because their concept is fantasy like, like that of Exo.

you’re biased because black mamba and savage are girl crush but that’s doesn’t mean they are a ripoff but of whatever group

Please read the OP again, I'm not comparing Black Pink to any newer group, in fact, Black Pink is one of those that are different and unique in my post.

BP are following 2NE1 pattern even if they are doing in a different way but you’re saying they are unique okay...

CLC were doing cute concept before then they transitioned to girl crush in 2017 it wasn’t a thing

I don’t understand your point you’re saying they have the same sound but that’s not even true gidle and itzy are different I can’t even tell gidle concept because they are really versatile and are always changing their sound

Itzy are transitioned to teen crush to a more mature sound

Just because gg crush is a thing doesn’t mean that all gg have the same sound

• that's because u haven't listened to gwsn :pepenomad:

Do they have a duo concept, do a lot of R&B and ballads like Red Velvet? That's what sets Red Velvet apart from other ggs.

• for the sake of ghostings I will recommend to you billlie

and for my own sake I will recommend dreamcatcher

they are both doing something more experimental, billlie with a horror concept and dreamcatcher with a rock feel to their music

Thanks <3

• Stan Purple Kiss OP, they also do amazing exo cover :eyes:

Ok :borahae:

• Clc and g-idle are from cube the same company who has 4 minute :ak_miyeon_no:

Well that explains their similarities.

• no. they don't need that concept to be versatile. they have versatile music, that's what makes an artist versatile

Their music showcases and explains their concept. By concept I'm not just talking about Music Videos or outfits but music first.

• Listen to Pixy, they have unique music.

• I think OP was not well-worded. sonemariam is saying 4th gen girl group music blur to them because they sound similar, while 3rd gen was more diverse in sound. OP thinks the girl crush concept that BP popularized has become a trend that is partly responsible for 4th gen sounding similar.

Well, before BP debuted everyone was complaining that 3rd gen gg were all doing cute concepts...

• Well i guess i can understand

i have the same feeling about BG, i like some BG

but i feel every BG are recycling the same basic shit since 2nd gen again and again

when we'll see a BG do a horror concept ?

when a BG will do some crazy shit with AI ?

when will see a BG do music with rock influence ?

all i feel i'm seeing since end of 2nd gen -3rd gen is bg wearing dark clothes and liftings their shirt to appeal

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I'm not saying Aespa is not doing girl crush, am I? But, Aespa doing girl crush doesn't mean that their music is similar to another idol's because it's not. It's very experimental. In any case, I'd only compare it to Nct's music.

2ne1 is no longer active and even still their discography is comparable but not similar to Black Pink's. Also the OP is about newer groups.

G idle and Itzy are different because one is more dance focused while another sings more. Which means, it's different girl crush.

I guess they are only similar to me because it's mostly girl crush not bubble pop like Snsd, R&B and ballads like Red Velvet, dark and strong girl crush like 2ne1 or very experimental like Fx.

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!