Aespa Lack of Stage Presence and the Inability to Sing Live

• Cost them a great performance at the parade. It looks like they were forced to be there. No engagement with crowd

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tell me you don't understand how the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade works without telling me you don't understand how the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade works.

• Tell me you don't understand how the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade works without telling me you don't understand how the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade works.

it was cold in NY like how they are supposed to dance well with these outfits lol

The excuses

This little girl performance was so much better

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i have just two things to say:

maybe they're stiff faced because this is one of their first performances with a live audience, esp in a different country?

also the dance looks so weird without the camera work. fire the choreographer

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

Edited once, last by ninichan ().

• its just another lipsnced performance not the end of the world, agree tho that they seem like average dancers and their bare bones energy in nearly every live doesnt help that either -Jesus girls you just debuted! Have some fire, your damn aes have more passion in their eyes then yall

• The excuses

Again tell me you don't understand how the parade works... this is a completely different type of performance than what aespa did.

I don't know if you are American, but I have spent the last 20 years watching this parade. So let me detail you on how it works.

There are two types of performances. The first is performances from current Broadway musicals and/or the Radio City Rockettes or in the case of this year... the cast of the musical NBC will be broadcasting for the holidays. These performances are done to fill time from the moment the parade begins in Central Park until the front of the parade makes it to the "main stage" in front of the Macy's store where everyone stops for their moment on television.

These first musical performances are typically done in Broadway style with full cast choreo and sometimes minimal props. This performance is not performed to the crowd, but to TV cameras.

The second type of performance are the performers on the float. They typically only wave and interact with the crowd during the parade route. They do not perform until they reach the "main stage" in front of the store. The float then stops momentarily while the artist on the float performers. This performance is also not performed to the crowd, but to TV cameras.

This is a parade. It's not a concert. There's "engagement" to be had unless it's along the parade route... because there literally isn't an audience in front of them when they stop. There is just a TV crew. The audience is behind the main stage of the parade.

I know aespa ruined your life and you'll never experience happiness again, but please don't open your mouth and spout bullshit unless you actually now what you're talking about.

• It wasn’t that good and they seemed a bit awkward but tbf they didn’t have much to work with anyway. The performance would've been a lot better had they been given proper clothes that protected them from the cold and more space to perform.

• Also for people who don't know... every single performance along the parade route is lip synced no matter who it is.

Including the Broadway performances.

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content youtu.be

• that stage vehicle thing is moving up and down highly unstable, there is barely any space to dance, two moves calculated wrong and they will hit those railings, the camera is all over the place they dont know where to look, lmao what do you want them to do?

This. Anybody with eyes can tell. I blame SM for this. It not suitable to have a dance song on the platform. I mean the space is so confine. Was the platform moving while they performing? Poor planing on SM part. Should have picked a different song or just get rid of the dance part. The performance did nothing for me.

• This. Anybody with eyes can tell. I blame SM for this. It not suitable to have a dance song on the platform. I mean the space is so confine. Was the platform moving while they performing? Poor planing on SM part. Should have picked a different song or just get rid of the dance part. The performance did nothing for me.

Not sure if u watched it but they actually stopped the vehicle for them to perform tho, but i think the performance is just for the TV broadcast to bring more variety i guess

• They could put some effort into their presence and be more fierce like the song requires, but They are rookies and Sm artists kind like to have the stiff face on stage so

• The excuses

The girl sounds amazing

• Y'all are talking like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is serious business. It's a parade. It's not like the same event that gives you Spongebob and Sonic floats is gonna give you the best of the best of the best live performance wise. Chill out.

₊˚⊹♡ 단 ♡⊹˚₊

ewdMqv1.gif

₊˚⊹♡ 이 ♡⊹˚₊

• People acting like they’re in Siberia out here. It’s in the 50’s and pretty sunny in NYC, it’s not ideal but it’s not THAT cold

• Y'all are talking like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is serious business. It's a parade. It's not like the same event that gives you Spongebob and Sonic floats is gonna give you the best of the best of the best live performance wise. Chill out.

lmao they were literally in front of Baby Yoda :cryingr:

• Watch the video, and watch the space. Yup, they are more worry about hitting things than being worry about performance. It is not suitable for dance song at all. Like I said, maybe they should have gone with Yeppi Yeppi instead because SJW on twitter going apeshit over the word savage on thanksgiving.

• Honestly, a moving float isn't exactly the best time or place for a kpop group with no winter clothes to perform.

I think they should have gotten warm clothes and performed forever. I think it would have fit the theme more than savage plus it wouldn't require difficult camera work cause from what I can see the macy's camera people are not ready to shoot kpop choreos.

• yea it looked awkward but it was cold af and different from what they are used to, i dont blame them

It's not entirely the cold. It's the space more likely. Imagine u used practice and perform a dance song with lot of space, then you are subject to the space that as narrow and confine as this. The movement and spacing all got mixed up.

• Already see all the Aespa antis come out from nowhere dragging them on here and other social media platforms.

Seeing the girls get dragged for Sm just throwing them out there with zero prep and zero care. People don't sing live on the floats, let alone try doing massive dances. The girls were obviously not prepared, extremely uncomfortable given their clothes in what would be freezing at the moment in NYC (their clothes hello?) and were told to perform Savage. Couldn't dance comfortably on what is a moving float in very tight conditions and the expectations is for them to perform like it's nothing? Totally disregarding the conditions they are in.

People using this as a drag like "Aespa needs to work on stage presence or they need to do better" are honestly pathetic, They just performed infront of a live crowd last week Sk with absolutely zero issues. Sure just turn a blind eye to sm setting the girls up and blame them. Now am seeing people drag for song choice which again Aespa has absolutely zero control over. This whole situation is just sad. From Sm doing this to Aespa, Camera works and now all the antis using this as fuel for their hate.

• This thread contains 59 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!