Is Blackpink better than 4Minute?

• And is there any BP member that can go toe to toe with Hyuna and survive?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes.

Because....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Questions like this are all down to personal taste so for me they are better.

About Hyuna, Hyuna is epic and her solo career is legendary with so many hit songs, buuuuut BP releases almost nothing as a group, let alone as soloists to compare or say something. For now I'm satisfied with the Pinks solo career and i respect Hyuna and yes, i bop to her bops!!

• I think they're about the same talent wise, personally I prefer 4minutes music tho. But overall both groups are great.

Go toe to toe with hyuna? Like... In a fight?

Musically, yes. Performance-wise, I haven't watched any 4Minute stages. But HyunA and Lisa are two very strong performers.

Highly recommended watching any of 4minures "crazy" stages tbh.

• I personally don't compare the two because 4Minute is no more and they also debuted before Blackpink.

I do think Cube's Hip-Hop/Rap competency is slept on crazy hard.

not really, look how young Soyeon is and she is already a judge in MBC's survival show, they even introduced her as "Legendary Artist"

External Content www.instagram.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• Aww, I miss 4 minute. I'd say the main difference is that in blackpink, all members are fairly well rounded. Of course no one is perfect, but they are all doing well enough to pull off solos, which you can't say for 4 minute. Hyuna is amazing, but some others in the group were either less talented or less charismatic.

In terms of discography, 4 minute had some very underrated hits. Idk why Hate and Crazy didn't do better. It might be about equal for me, but of course it depends on your taste.

• not really, look how young Soyeon is and she is already a judge in MBC's survival show, they even introduced her as "Legendary Artist"

External Content www.instagram.com

She's of the gifted and talented. A part that proves my point when it comes to Cube having some compent rappers around..on the self-writing and "reciter" sides: Junhyung (formerly of Beast/Highlight), Soyeon (G)I-dle), Yuto, Kino, Wooseok, E.Dawn (formerly of)(Pentagon), Hyuna and Jiyoon (formerly of 4Minute).

Cube needs to figure out how to grow to a level where they could afford to keep acts around longer. Cube would have had so many stars to where they couldn't be ignored. This isn't even considering IST-E (formerly Play M/formerly A Cube). If Play M/A Cube was still with Cube, Apink and Weeekly probably would have also been under the same Cube "umbrella"; a clear threat.

• I don't know if any Blackpink member can compare to Hyuna but I will admit I'm incredibly biased on this case so I'll elave it as a wait and see though I do enjoy some Blackpink solos, such as Lisa's and Jennie's. But as a group Blackpink is way more balanced than 4minute which is better for their careers in the industry long term. Promoted tracks wise, I'm goung to say 4minute is slightly weaker due songs like What's your name,Cold rain, Is it Poppin, and Hate. But also Blackpink has less promoted tracks in general. Comparing albums here would be of course dumb as Blackpink barely has any compared to 4minute,The album by Blackpink is great though as 4minutes discography from the years 2009-2012 in general, some really good hidden gems within their albums.

Conclusion: by individual presence Blackpink is better than 4minute as a group overall which is partially key to their success as well as years of everyone waiting for YG's next gg. However, I don't know if any of them can compare to 4minute's singular star Hyuna.

• Drew B would have been that person in the 1810s talking about horrible Beethoven is and how superior Vivaldi's hits were back in the old days.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Drew B would have been that person in the 1810s talking about horrible Beethoven is and how superior Vivaldi's hits were back in the old days.

But Vivaldi is greater than Beethoven despite Beethoven's music being in more media and him being known more as a figure due to having a more dramatic life with also what's consider more dramatic and showy tunes compared to Vivaldi's general work(it's a heroic /romanticist style vs baroque style). There's also the factor that without Vivaldi while what would the history of music be for Without his innovations we wouldn't have Johann Sebastian Bach or as I like to call him the first Bach everyone hears about, not to say Beethoven isn't important that is he was innovative as well albeit by screwing the general rules completely rather than slowly building of the forefather's of giants like good old Vivaldi the priest but without Vivaldi's popularity in and emphases on technical play of string instruments I believe Beethoven's genius wouldn't be possible. It seems everyone knows the 4 seasons but not Vivaldi himself for some reason in most circles but now I'm getting off topic.

• But Vivaldi is greater than Beethoven despite Beethoven's music being in more media and him being known more as a figure due to having a more dramatic life with also what's consider more dramatic and showy tunes compared to Vivaldi's general work(it's a heroic /romanticist style vs baroque style). There's also the factor that without Vivaldi while what would the history of music be for Without his innovations we wouldn't have Johann Sebastian Bach or as I like to call him the first Bach everyone hears about, not to say Beethoven isn't important that is he was innovative as well albeit by screwing the general rules completely rather than slowly building of the forefather's of giants like good old Vivaldi the priest but without Vivaldi's popularity in and emphases on technical play of string instruments I believe Beethoven's genius wouldn't be possible. It seems everyone knows the 4 seasons but not Vivaldi himself for some reason in most circles but now I'm getting off topic.

Vivaldi had some popularity when he was alive and in the Baroque era, but he was not popular like he is now until the 20th century. His published works were largely ignored/unknown in the classical and romantic era. Not to mention most of his works were considered lost in the Napoleonic wars, until the 1920s when they found the majority of his works in some monastery.

As recently as 2006 they were finding his works such as Argippo which is an opera from 1717 that was performed in like 2008 and that was the first time it had been performed since 1730.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• I think they're about the same talent wise, personally I prefer 4minutes music tho. But overall both groups are great.

Go toe to toe with hyuna? Like... In a fight?

if it was blackpink vs hyuna in a fight...jennie and rose would be out immediately imo. they're very soft. jisoo might get a few good punches in, same with lisa. but idk hyuna seems pretty crazy, i feel like she'd bite :/

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Musically, yes. Performance-wise, I haven't watched any 4Minute stages. But HyunA and Lisa are two very strong performers.

this. i love them but 4minute will always be sentimental to me bc i witnessed their rise to the top and then the subsequent fall- but all throughout all they did was release amazing music. they carried the industry without many realizing it.

• Aww, I miss 4 minute. I'd say the main difference is that in blackpink, all members are fairly well rounded. Of course no one is perfect, but they are all doing well enough to pull off solos, which you can't say for 4 minute. Hyuna is amazing, but some others in the group were either less talented or less charismatic.

In terms of discography, 4 minute had some very underrated hits. Idk why Hate and Crazy didn't do better. It might be about equal for me, but of course it depends on your taste.

For me Is It Poppin? was so good

I agree the gap in charisma was a lot bigger in 4minute, and that caused a lot of problems. Hyuna was just crazy good.

• Hmm I disagree. Hyuna's strength is her charisma. Not her rapping (although it did match her concepts)

She has the most versatile stage presence in kpop imo. While CL shone in her concept, Hyuna did very well in Wonder Girls, 4minute, solo, collab stages, and while she generally went sexy she was able to show off every side of her. She's a performer.

She's always one to really embody her concept -- if it's vampire goth, to bubbly, to seductive. Being a great performer is as much of a talent as JYP said when he introduced her as part of Wonder Girls. It's VERY hard to improve on stage presence and it takes a lot of skill to do what Hyuna does. As actual rappers/dancers yeah she's middle of the pack.

Remember kpop companies don't really teach stage presence and there's a lot of groups that lack it, so Hyuna seriously stands out.

Also Hyuna is also an extremely good variety idol -- she was known to stand up to bullying, telling a T-ara member not to be concerned about her weight, and was very savage.

For me, kpop wasn't built to be the best dancer or best singer but her performances were legendary. People HATED her for her sexy style but had to acknowledge she had something.

Actually Jisoo/her have the same nasally side of singing, so there isn't much of a difference in them with both not having any support at all. Just breath support/pitch. Also I think that Jennie/Lisa wouldn't really fit Hyuna concepts., it's unfair to compare them like that as they have very different styles...I can't think of many contemporaries who would.

I think Hyuna was VERY appealing to Western audiences hence why PSY put her, and Bubble Pop was the first kpop song broadcasted near me. She's just really extra -- that's her style.

TLDR: I think they're not comparable as I don't see a ton of similarities unless their overall execution of their concepts where BP are more cohesive but 4minute imo had better music.

• This song alone beats all of BPs discography

:yesr:

• This song alone beats all of BPs discography

:yesr:

tbh I kind of agree with you. Crazy slaps. :pepe-peek:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• this. i love them but 4minute will always be sentimental to me bc i witnessed their rise to the top and then the subsequent fall- but all throughout all they did was release amazing music. they carried the industry without many realizing it.

I had to amp that part up. They were leading ahead of the curve when it came to beats. 2NE1 had their more "mainstream appealing" Hip-Hop inspired songs but they weren't alone when it came to having Hip-Hop influenced songs. 4Minute had harder hitting beats with edge several years before Blackpink's "Whistle".

YGE still had like a good decade or more of experience with Hip-Hop/Rap so it's not a fair comparison to me.

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!