Knets and their double standards

• Firstly no hate and big congratulations to park shin hye and tae joon for both marriage and the baby..

Now, let me just point out how good of a reaction this couple is receiving after this news.. and you know what, good, great for them actually, this is how things should be

(and yes I know they have different standards for actors from a long time ago, but it's still irritating to see all this happening)

but what pisses me off is how this reaction is so different from when an Idol, namely here Chen got the complete opposite reaction from people.

Both were shotgun weddings? Yes.

yet they made fun of chen for not using protection and never even considered anything.. even comparing him to criminals

but now they are praising tae joon for taking responsibility.

Both relationships were long time? Yes

just like shinhye and Taejoon, chen and his wife were in a long relationship for a long time, it was not news to the fandom

they used their long relationship as one reason they wanted to congratulate this time but never did same for chen

WHAT WAS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE?

The only difference is that chen's wife is not a public figure so the news of them dating was never out to protect privacy.. while since both actors were famous they got exposed by dispatch and ended up admitting it (there were proofs posted).

the second difference, Chen is an idol, not an actor..

ofc cause if you make a career as an idol, you definitely can't have a life..

mind these people who say fanservice and what not.. Chen does not even have social media accounts.. he was never big on these

actors these days sell the same image too but somehow its okay for them

Chen has been in the industry for as much as same time as tae joon, and they are like only one year apart in age, but the double standards he is still facing are ruthless.. just a few days ago on the news of his second baby there were these knets flocking around asking him to leave Exo..

idk it just pisses me off.. and always will

shotgun marriages aren't bad anymore when its an actor couple who do it, but is a matter of laughing stock when idols do the same.. like dont even remind me about the time when they made fun of Kai for using condoms like hello pick a narrative?

okay long rant over, those who made it till here reading, thanks lol

• For chen all I remember was there was like a boycott and less than a dozen people showed up to said boycott!!! lol

but in Korea apparently idols (for the most part) are treated as the lowest of the entertainment industry...whereas actors are treated as the top...

• For chen all I remember was there was like a boycott and less than a dozen people showed up to said boycott!!! lol

but in Korea apparently idols (for the most part) are treated as the lowest of the entertainment industry...whereas actors are treated as the top...

oh god dont even remind me of that boycott show.. how pathetic your life must be to actually go out and do that.. good thing it was like 20 people lol

exactly, like why are idols held to such standards only?

• I think it's two very different situation

Taejoon and Shinhye have been dating for years, people were expecting them to get marry one day and and have child, it's not like everything happen at once, like they confirm their relation, announce they'll marry each other and she's pregnant the same day

they announce that they are dating since 2018, 3 years, so people were already used to their relationship and like them as a couple, it just look like it was a solid couple who just happened that their plans happened like they thought it would

meanwhile chen situation is very different, he never came publicly to say he date

he directly announce his mariage and that his fiancé was expecting his child

it look much more like a shotgun wedding than it is for Taejoon

idk their relationship with chen wife etc.. so i'm just talking from an exterior point of view

it looked like it wasn't serious enough for them to come out publicly, so it looked like it was just one more relationship

but because his girlfriend end up pregnant it didn't have anything else to do than take responsability and announce that they are dating and will marry

meanwhile taejoon situation look like he was very serious about shin hye since they are dating since 2017 and they already might have some plans to marry her one day, it just happen sooner because of the child that's it

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• some k-exols also use this to hate on him tbh.. some people really think they own idols just because they pay for albums and merch

yeah that’s super disappointing and I genuinely thought that he wouldn’t get that much backlash because fans and k-netz have had time to accept that he’s a 29 year old man who can do whatever he wants, but obviously I was being way too hopeful ;(

• oh god dont even remind me of that boycott show.. how pathetic your life must be to actually go out and do that.. good thing it was like 20 people lol

exactly, like why are idols held to such standards only?

beats me gotta ask Koreans about that...

but it's probably similar in the other CJK countries as well to my knowledge (i could be wrong) but even in China idols are treated as less than compared to the actors/actresses

• since when has idols started to announce their relationships themself without any trigger..

he was dating a non celeb ofc he wont do that..

its literally the same case, only difference is people were aware of relationship

when it was never public how is it okay for you or anyone to assume how serious a relationship is?

shotgun wedding is a shotgun wedding.. its the same situation..

taejoon and shinhye also announced marriage and baby the day just like chen

only difference is that one was public and other wasnt.. which isnt a reason for this different behavior at all..

I have to laugh lmao

ITS THE SAME FREAKING THING..

• oh you think shin hye and taejoon would havent given two fucks of telling about their relationship if they werent exposed by dispatch with proofs?

they got exposed cause both were famous..

chen's dating news were huge with instagram pictures leaked so its not like the fandom and even pann users had no clue.. those pictures were all over these forums back like 4 years ago

• its kpop kfans vs kgp lol., kgp doesnt af about idols. when we see mean comments about kidols is from idol fans. actors and idols have a totally different fanbase. gp doesnt care about shotgun weddings but idols fans do

these actors also have dedicated fanbases.. they are not just gp dependent.. especially shin hye has a huge fanbase.. yet those fanbases never acted the same..

Also one thing to note will be that a lot of hate chen received from kside was not just exo-ls but idol group stans in general, all of them flocked to hate...

some hated even if they werent his fans.

all that "I am not a fan but I feel sad for exo-ls" was everywhere

its just annoying you know.. T_T

• dedicated fanbase doesnt mean the same thing. idols fans expectation towards their faves is not the same as actors fans expectations to their faves. idols are expected to have pesudo relationship with their fans, expected to sell a delusion. actors are not expected that. yall have to realize that idols fans and actor fans have different mentality. a better question would be when will idol fans evolve to have the same mindset as the rest?

• dedicated fanbase doesnt mean the same thing. idols fans expectation towards their faves is not the same as actors fans expectations to their faves. idols are expected to have pesudo relationship with their fans, expected to sell a delusion. actors are not expected that. yall have to realize that idols fans and actor fans have different mentality. a better question would be when will idol fans evolve to have the same mindset as the rest?

which is exactly my question that why idols are held to a different standard?

also when an Idol who barely participates in such delusion marketing and draws a clear line between fans and himself, why do they have to suffer as well?

also its not just idol fans hating, as I said before, a lot of people writing these hate comments werent even his fans yet they had such expectations of him..

• you need to understand that idol groups fans are mostly teenagers and young adults who are very immature, on the other hand actors are widely popular among ALL age groups so it is kinda hard to imagine 40 y/o people who are married and have children themselves write such comments about celebrities

also as SooYoung pointed out Shin Hye's and Tae Joon's relationship was known to the public for years...Chen's relationship wasn't official although some k-fans might have known, I don't think it was a majority tho as it'd get out easily

and the last difference is idols aren't really idols just because of music...do you know why pure image is so important for k idols? because beside selling music, they also sell love fantasies to their young naive audience unlike actors

Ofc I disaprove how Chen is treated but you can't really say it's completely same situation as with Shin Hye because it really isn't ....idol culture is something most of western fans can't really wrap their head around because we aren't used to it at all

• which is exactly my question that why idols are held to a different standard?

also when an Idol who barely participates in such delusion marketing and draws a clear line between fans and himself, why do they have to suffer as well?

also its not just idol fans hating, as I said before, a lot of people writing these hate comments werent even his fans yet they had such expectations of him..

idols are held to that standard bcos thats how the industry markets/used to market them. Idols have to be perfect, polished and have that fantasy with the fan, not saying all idols are encouraging this but this was how it is supposed to be in that industry. they have that expectations of him cos he is an Idol(fking sucks). times are changing, hopefully this idol fan culture in SK will change too. there are only few idols who have overcome this issue like BB taeyang, TVXQ changmin and hopefully all of them can in the future.

• They are getting hate though. Knetz are calling PSH the dude's sponsor and are hating on him for being friends with Jung Joonyoung and Lee Jonghyun, and being rumored to be a part of their group chat.

Park Shin Hye's fans are not happy. If you go to her fancafe and DC, you'll see that many are announcing boycott because she's marrying someone who's 'below her level' and someone who is so controversial.

• Meanwhile there was me the army (that time) supporting Exo-Ls who were supporting Chen and the marriage. I got my ass kicked by Exo-Ls for poking my nose in the business but I couldn’t believe how toxic some fans were to hate Chen and his family.

I’m not sure if this is still a case but around ten years ago a korean friend said that idol singers should dedicate their whole life to the fans until they stop being in the group. The illusion of belonging to the fans is part of the job and a marriage is something that can’t be the part of that life. That friend said that some fans think they have every right to be angry with married idol singers since they “cheated” on their fans by putting somebody else ahead of them.

• Meanwhile there was me the army (that time) supporting Exo-Ls who were supporting Chen and the marriage. I got my ass kicked by Exo-Ls for poking my nose in the business but I couldn’t believe how toxic some fans were to hate Chen and his family.

I’m not sure if this is still a case but around ten years ago a korean friend said that idol singers should dedicate their whole life to the fans until they stop being in the group. The illusion of belonging to the fans is part of the job and a marriage is something that can’t be the part of that life. That friend said that some fans think they have every right to be angry with married idol singers since they “cheated” on their fans by putting somebody else ahead of them.

we need more people like you :pepe-sad:

its sad how some Ls jumped on you for being supportive..

fans can be too blinded

also I agree its such a mess

• They are getting hate though. Knetz are calling PSH the dude's sponsor and are hating on him for being friends with Jung Joonyoung and Lee Jonghyun, and being rumored to be a part of their group chat.

Park Shin Hye's fans are not happy. If you go to her fancafe and DC, you'll see that many are announcing boycott because she's marrying someone who's 'below her level' and someone who is so controversial.

oh the hate is way less...

I am not going to DC all that forum has is hate and hate campaigns for literally everyone breathing..

I am more talking about other forums where chen received way more hate while they are receiving mostly love.. the ratio is very different

• I think they were too focused on fan wars to care about the support. Which shouldn’t have happened when the issue was something what can happened to any of the groups. Saying you wish your favourites happiness but trying to end his career when he actually wants to pursue that happiness is just wrong, no matter what fandom I’m part of.

• I think they were too focused on fan wars to care about the support. Which shouldn’t have happened when the issue was something what can happened to any of the groups. Saying you wish your favourites happiness but trying to end his career when he actually wants to pursue that happiness is just wrong, no matter what fandom I’m part of.

yeah truly..

which is why I hate when some people wants their fandom to move like cults..

• oh the hate is way less...

I am not going to DC all that forum has is hate and hate campaigns for literally everyone breathing..

I am more talking about other forums where chen received way more hate while they are receiving mostly love.. the ratio is very different

Of course, because the circumstances are different. But there are a lot of people saying her image is ruined so it's not like there's no hate at all.

Celeb marriages with no hate would be Changmin or Taeyang and both of them are idols.

• situations are not the same at all lmao and she is getting plenty of hate comments most sites just cherry picked the comments to translate they wanted if you actually go to the korean sites you will see them

• idols sell a fantasy of closeness to their fans, actors dont. if idols break that fantasy, it's obvious that the fans would have a good bit of backlash, as compared to actors. actors are actually on the other end of the spectrum, where they sell us relationships with other actors in movie/drama form for a living.

obviously, the fans are delusional here, but a good bit of the delusion is propagated by the company or idol themselves.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Idols and actors are very different in Korea...

the situation with Chen was mostly kpop fans (exo fans) we saw how they burn CDs and other stuffs

so the GP normally doesn't involve on these things... and these two are very stablished celebrities not idols in korea

• I’m not sure if this is still a case but around ten years ago a korean friend said that idol singers should dedicate their whole life to the fans until they stop being in the group. The illusion of belonging to the fans is part of the job and a marriage is something that can’t be the part of that life. That friend said that some fans think they have every right to be angry with married idol singers since they “cheated” on their fans by putting somebody else ahead of them.

just look at some knetz's comments

Is he still in EXO??? Damn, he should have left EXO

Wow, he’s not guilty, but does he feel sorry for his fans? Didn’t he think about this?

they think he betrayed his fans. they are telling him to leave the group and go solo otherwise his actions will drag other members as well.

also, it depends on the fans. jennie's fans might have been unhappy with gd dating news, they think she deserves better, but i didn't notice they called for a boycott or protested in front of yge building.

• just look at some knetz's comments

they think he betrayed his fans. they are telling him to leave the group and go solo otherwise his actions will drag other members as well.

also, it depends on the fans. jennie's fans might have been unhappy with gd dating news, they think she deserves better, but i didn't notice they called for a boycott or protested in front of yge building.

:pepe-cross:

So nothing has changed. At least with some people.

• :pepe-cross:

So nothing has changed. At least with some people.

i think it has. jennie+gd, momo+heechul, and jihyo+daniel dating news reactions weren't as bad as they would have been 5 years ago. but again, i think it depends on the idol. if sana or bts maknae line got into a dating scandal (lol) i assume it would be a mess. or maybe it wouldn't if their fans approve of their partners and think they are good enough for them. it honestly depends on many factors

• i think it has. jennie+gd, momo+heechul, and jihyo+daniel dating news reactions weren't as bad as they would have been 5 years ago. but again, i think it depends on the idol. if sana or bts maknae line got into a dating scandal (lol) i assume it would be a mess. or maybe it wouldn't if their fans approve of their partners and think they are good enough for them. it honestly depends on many factors

Well, yeah they are better at taking dating. But marriage is another problem all together. Imagine if the news that Jennie and Gd or Heechul and Momo gets married would come out. I doubt the fans would be that peaceful.

Plus as far as I know Heechul Momo couple didn’t have it easy either.

• Nope.

The biggest difference is their fans. Put the blame on the fans, not his wife. WTF???!!!

Chen has an idol fandom. These actors do not. There is no double standards because they are probably two different groups of people commenting. Do you seriously expect regular Korean to care that Chen had an out of wedlock baby/wedding? Nope, it's the delusional idol fans. These actors don't have those fans - hence, nice comments.

Not that it make it any better or right. But the point about his wife being a commoner is so off.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!