Groups with good songs but underwhelming vocals?

• I would have liked The Album better if it came from a different group. Rosé and Jisoo's vocals are intolerable for me.

Same for BTS, but I don't like their music all that much either way, there are only a few songs I like and wish had better vocals (like The Truth Untold)

Twice obviously. I do enjoy many of their songs but eh the vocals are undeniably lacking.

I agree with txt too. I don't really care for their music but it gets too much praise in this forum so it got me wondering if I would like it better with more memorable and impressive vocals and less overbearing vocal processing.

TVXQ (the duo). Yunho is a great guy but tbh his singing voice is one of the main reasons I can't get into their music. It doesn't help that I don't care for Changmin's vocals either.

• maybe at the start, but have yall heard Jisoo solos?? she sings them very well.. more stable than Rose's ones.. they arent really that far apart they're both good though but I'd say jisoo has better technique while Rose is more confident

nope thats your preferance which is totally fine like i said jisoo has lovely voice

but rose is the best vocalist among the pinks

• Thing is, it's not just about vocal technique, but also about vocal color or tone, and how someone uses their voice within its limitations.

All these things contribute to whether a listener finds a song and singer pleasant to listen to, or less so, and that liking is not just based on technique.

But yeah, I find myself wondering as well with some songs how they'd sound if they were sung by some other artists and groups: personally I really like the joint belting power of groups like RV and Mamamoo, and how groups like RV harmonize, do adlibs and riffs in the background and play counterpoint to the main voice - basically all the things you can do if you have and actually use multiple vocals together at the same time.

That way of using multiple voices together, which a group should be useful and fitting for, is weirdly enough something that's pretty rare in current K-pop. I mean, I can still get chills while listening to the build up towards 2:30 in the song below, and this is the kinda stuff you can do if you have multiple strong, confident vocals in a group

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unfortunately, the focus the past years in K-pop seems to be more on dance and performance power, and less on smartly utilising the many voices in a group in combined ways.

• wbk ^^

welp everyone has their own preferances jimin and jisoo are two of my favorite voices in kpop but some people might disagree lol

pure eargasm wbk ^^ . not everyone can have finer buds like us

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

let them be jelly 8otoo bad their faves arent unique

• ripia i wasn't trying to fight her, she obviously called me deaf and tasteless and i would love to discuss it but she didn't @ me, which is why i asked if she was talking about me. what she's trying to pull is not at all was my intention :pepe-life-support:

yeah @guineverebp just drop this topic, its not relevant to the thread anyways.

Groups with good songs, and underwhelming vocals ^^

• txt..

I don't really know their singing much cause their songs mainly are very tuned with effects it's not a problem but i can only assume its to cover up their vocals. (Not 100% just assumption)

What do you think? :whatr: ......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!