Groups with good songs but underwhelming vocals?

• At first glance i would say Blackpink or (G)-Idle but I am not listening their songs for their vocals so thats quite unfair.

Among groups that try to use their vocals honestly I would think of a group like WJSN who are heavily relying on Yeonjung going berserk on their songs during important parts. You could say other groups from produced but id say Weki Meki and Pristin were relying less on vocals and more on rap/choreo and Gugudan and Dia had better vocals overall.

I'm a Ujung myself so no hate pls, Iz*One are similar in that sense.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• twice - I like them but the confidence isnt there. The only members I see as confident vocalists are jihyo and jeongyeon. Nayeon is good too but if the company keeps giving her notes that are too high she will lose confidence in singing live because she cant hit them.

blackpink - don't get me wrong they sing nicely but no one is technically good, the highest is Rosé but compared to other 3rd gen vocalist like Yuju, Solar, and Jihyo, it's just not at that level. Jisoo screeches a lot and always sort of looks like she is having a hard time singing, especially high notes. Lisa can't really sing like a vocalist she just sort of sings in a cute voice or speaks in a cute voice to the melody and Jennie is ok.

• Twice. Songs are super catchy but when I hear Momo, Sana, Tzuyu's part, it kind of annoys me. Sorrryyy

Itzy- Songs are super catchy too! But the voice lacks technique and timbre. They sound very ordinary. I love seeing itzy perform but i don't really listen to their music because of the vocals.

• if you are talking technical abilities then I have no idea since in that field I'm :?::?::?:

I mean RV generally has really solid vocals along with most of the SM GG but it doesn't necessarily mean I like them more than say Twice or BP...

so if we're looking purely at technical ability then maybe Izone??? with 12 members and I think a lot of them being very technically undeveloped...so maybe them????

I do agree that some izone members vocals are a bit underdeveloped, but I think they do have the vocals to actually sing their songs without struggling. And their vocals do fit the songs izone sing.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I do agree that some izone members vocals are a bit underdeveloped, but I think they do have the vocals to actually sing their songs without struggling. And their vocals do fit the songs izone sing.

I like Izone myself but the question was underwhelming vocals so do we look at it purely from a technical standpoint or base it on whether the vocals are suited for each groups songs...

• I like Izone myself but the question was underwhelming vocals so do we look at it purely from a technical standpoint or base it on whether the vocals are suited for each groups songs...

ok I can't argue with that.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I think the most obvious one is twice, they were much better in sixteen and suddenly loss of confidence and barely any vocal training and too much straining has left them vocals damaged

:pepe-life-support:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• It’s interesting many said BTS, BP and Twice, all 3 are the most well loved idol groups right now.

If any of their songs were to be released by other groups that have the so called “better vocals and techniques”, I’m sure the songs won’t be that well received.

And don’t say it’s because they are popular, because all three groups have well received songs since debut. Well BTS took a longer time tbh.

So we can see that people don’t only look for vocal perfection in songs. I personally find perfect vocals boring. I love vocal colours and characters more, in addition of ability of singers to emote songs. And based on the success of these 3 “mediocre, weak and wrong vocal techniques“ groups, I can say that many agrees with me.

Back to the main topic, yes maybe other “vocally strong” groups can do a song justice (in vocal techniques) but it might not be as interesting.

• tbh itzy even tho theyre my favs. blackpink arent the most amazing vocalists in terms of technique but their singing suits their songs really well. while jyp gives itzy songs in a high register like twice which is most likely cause of their teen crush sound, but their songs would be a lot better if they changed up that sound now and matured a bit.

also for those saying blackpink cant sing live when theyre one the best live singers of the newer gen

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

Edited once, last by dokyeomhive ().

• What's the definition of underwhelming vocals we are using here?!?

Cause I don't think txt have underwhelming vocals, they don't have power vocal house as such but definitely not underwhelming. They know their basics and do it well from my knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!