What happened to EXID?

• EXID were all very active until 2019, where one by one they all left their label Banana Culture, released some poorly promoted Japanese releases and then just went quiet. What exactly went down with the label (and can we ever hope to see EXID release any music again)?

They made such a cool mature group with great vocals & style.

• It's called the 7 year curse my friend :pepe-sad: But they aren't technically disbanded so we may someday get music again, just very very slowly

That sucks so much.

I feel especially frustrated because its not like they were losing their looks or abilities or out-grew their concept (they had a mature & cool concept from the start), I was enjoying all of their releases until they went quiet.

• Honestly, I think they've just run their course and are ready to do something else. EXID started in 2012, and Hani, LE, and Jeonghwa were part of the original version of the group. Solji and Hyelin joined a few months after EXID's debut, so they've all been doing the girl group thing for a long time.

I think they ran through the last year of promotions they had due in Japan and are done for now. LE is a prolific songwriter, and has been working hard on TRI.BE's stuff this year. (Loca, Doom Doom Ta, Rub-a-Dum, Loro)

Solji signed to CJes Entertainment to pursue a solo career. Hyelin has also gone the solo route, and released her single earlier this year (here).

Jeonghwa joined a different agency to pursue acting. Hani is also into acting, and probably has the largest filmography right now; she's currently in Idol: The Coup (snippet of her singing on the drama).

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Thank you for the explanation and updates. I guess you are probably right. It just sucks though as there aren't that many mature female kpop groups around (and yet I'm sure that there is an increasing market for them?). I hope that their decision to leave was a free-willed one (and not something they were given little other option but to do). I always felt that EXID were very talented.

• Thank you for the explanation and updates. I guess you are probably right. It just sucks though as there aren't that many mature female kpop groups around (and yet I'm sure that there is an increasing market for them?). I hope that their decision to leave was a free-willed one (and not something they were given little other option but to do). I always felt that EXID were very talented.

Definitely agree! They were good to the last song.

I hope with Banana Culture being defunct these days that the girls could come back together if they wanted to.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!