Best KPOP Albums This Year (NO-SKIPS ONLY!)/Was this year a good year musically for high quality KPOP albums? (POLL)

• Was this year a banger for good Kpop albums? 29

1. Yah man it was DOPE! (esp for my faves or w/e) (20) 69%
    2. Nah man it SUCKED (it's the end of Kpop as we know it) (7) 24%
    3. I only listen to title tracks including for my faves so I can't say...(shame on you! go listen to some good KPOP albums in this thread NOW!) (2) 7%

Despite the noted decline in strong title tracks musically this year, is it just me or what but I feel like this year has actually been a banger for great KPOP albums that I can listen to all the way through without cringing too much or frantically clicking the "Skip" button repeatedly! (Let's face it, that's something you can't always take for granted, especially in KPOP, although they have some of the greatest title tracks OF ALL TIME.)

Do you agree? Which albums do you think stood out the most for you in musicality? Maybe list your favorite track or two from each one (for those of us who don't have time to listen to like 10 albums in a row for like 10 hours lol)

Discuss & post your faves!

Disclaimer: I guess we're using the term "no skip" loosely because of the "bad title track, great album" syndrome that's been going on in Kpop for quite some time now. So if there's 1 skip (usually being the experimental title track made to "be unique" & gain attention), I will let it pass. ^^ But just the title and 1-2 filler tracks mostly! That's IT!

For me, ITZY's, Aespa's, CL's, Key's, and even TWICE's on some level, were all good indicators of a strong year for cohesive albums & strong b-sides (despite the ambivalent popularity of some of their title tracks this year).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fave tracks: Sooo Lucky, Love Is, Mirror, Swipe, Chillin' Chillin', Loco

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fave tracks: Bad Love ofc and Helium, but all of them are really good actually (esp Hate That & Eighteen)

Fave Tracks: YEPPI YEPPI, aenergy, Lucid Dream (Savage had to grow on me lol)

Fave tracks: Let It, Lover Like Me, SPICY (Idgaf what anyone says for me this song is a Certified BOP! 8)), Xai, Siren, 5 STAR, HWA.........

Fave tracks: Disclaimer/Context-I love TWICE but am not really a full-on ONCE (tho I feel like I might become one w/this comeback concept & personalities in The Feels Random Dance Practice), but I LOOOVED their last full album predecessor Eyes Wide Open, which I consider to be one of the best KPOP albums of all time, and while I don't think this equals it, it's a good follow-up and I feel like I actually liked most of these tracks equally but the best to me are ofc SCIENTIST Remix(which was LEGENDARY and definitely should've been chosen by JYPE as the title track instead), Cruel, Moonlight, ICON, F.IL.A and Espresso <3 <3

• KpopVeteranARMY

Changed the title of the thread from “Top KPOP Albums released this year MUSICALLY? (NO-SKIPS!)” to “Was this year a good year for high quality KPOP albums?/Top KPOP Albums released this year MUSICALLY? (NO-SKIPS!) (POLL)”.
  • These were some that I really liked

Atlantis, Code, Kind >>>

External Content open.spotify.com

Rose English ver.>>

Russian Roulette, Maverick>>

13IVI, Body Movin>>>

Flame, Alive>>>

Bewitched>>>

Ugly Dance, My Genesis, Beautiful Beautiful, Secret Triangle>>> (fyi this is likely my most listened album alongside Atlantis.... it's a struggle to choose ;( ...)

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• KpopVeteranARMY

Changed the title of the thread from “Was this year a good year for high quality KPOP albums?/Top KPOP Albums released this year MUSICALLY? (NO-SKIPS!) (POLL)” to “Was this year a good year musically for high quality KPOP albums?/Top KPOP Albums released this year (NO-SKIPS ONLY!) (POLL)”.
  • It was a good year imo. Some really amazing albums were released this year.

• I liked onewe's album

• City of onf and Yes are great albums! Go listen now!

• KpopVeteranARMY

Changed the title of the thread from “Was this year a good year musically for high quality KPOP albums?/Top KPOP Albums released this year (NO-SKIPS ONLY!) (POLL)” to “Best KPOP Albums This Year (NO-SKIPS ONLY!)/Was this year a good year musically for high quality KPOP albums? (POLL)”.
  • Yes. :froghype:

T-ARA - Re:T-ARA

TWICE - Formula of Love: O+T=<3

B.I - COSMOS

Billlie - the Billage of perception: chapter one

The Boyz - Maverick

Jeon Somi - XOXO

SEVENTEEN - Attacca

LIGHTSUM - Light a Wish

ENHYPEN - Dimesion: Dilemma

aespa - Savage

Ciipher - Blind

ITZY - Crazy in Love

Wonho - Blue Letter

Lee Hi - 4 Only

Lisa - LALISA

STAYC - Stereotype

OMEGA X - What's Goin' On

Stray Kids - NOEASY

Brave Girls - After 'We Ride'

CIX - 'OK' Prologue: Be OK

TXT - The Chaos Chapters (Freeze and Fight or Escape)

Dreamcatcher - Summer Holiday

AKMU - Next Episode

D.O - Empathy

OMEGA X - Vamos

BM - The First Statement

LOONA - [&]

NCT Dream - Hot Sauce and Hello Future

Brave Girls - Summer Queen

SEVENTEEN - Your Choice

TWICE - Taste of Love

WEi - Identity: Action

B.I - Waterfall

GWSN - The Other Side of the Moon

EVERGLOW - Last Melody

fromis_9 - 9 Way Ticket

Rocket Punch - Ring Ring

YUQI - A Page

Oh My Girl - Dear OHMYGIRL

Ailee - Lovin'

ITZY - Guess Who

P1Harmony - Disharmony: Break Out

ENHYPEN - Border: Carnival

Kang Daniel - YELLOW

SHINee - Don't Call Me and Atlantis

BAE173 - Intersection: Trace

STAYC - STAYDOM

Baekhyun - Bambi

Kim Sejeong - I'm

Kang Seung Yoon - Page

IU - Lilac

MIRAE - Killa

B.I - Midnight Blue (Love Streaming)

Weeekly - We Play

Purple Kiss - Into Violet

Rose - R

ONF - ONF: MY NAME and City of ONF

(G)I-DLE - I Burn

CIX - HELLO Chapter Ø: Hello, Strange Dream

HyunA - I'm Not Cool

Dreamcatcher - Dystopia: Road to Utopia

Bobby - Lucky Man

TREASURE - The First Step: Treasure Effect

CRAVITY - Hideout: Be Our Voice - Season 3

Cherry Bullet - Cherry Rush

:pepe-smug:

• Damn, that is one list! You have listened to pretty much every album released this year that was made by anyone even remotely relevant, didn't you? :whatk:

And oMG I totally forgot ENHYPEN's Dimension: Dilemma & (G)I-DLE's I Burn! 😱 Both 2 very solid albums!

I really liked Somi's XOXO but I felt like there were a few filler tracks I could've had or had not 🤷🏻

Anymore Supremacy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tho

• I listen to most, if not all, groups since 2009. :pepe-simp:

I guess I'm one of the true massive K-Pop fans. :pepe-hehe:

And they keep coming! I'm recently vibing with PIXY and TRI.BE. :pepe-sad:

• I listen to most, if not all, groups since 2009. :pepe-simp:

I guess I'm one of the true massive K-Pop fans. :pepe-hehe:

And they keep coming! I'm recently vibing with PIXY and TRI.BE. :pepe-sad:

:wow:

Yay, another K-Pop Veteran walks among us!

Yaaaas! There are so few of us big KPOP fans left ;( Everyone is just stans of like one group and ignore the rest lol, it's a shame cuz they're really missing out!

Yeah! I mean I don't really know or follow all of the rookie groups of 4th gen cuz I think there are too many and I can't possibly keep up even if I tried 😅 Maybe you can recommend a song or 2 by PIXY & TRI.BE? Any particular albums by them?

But I'm really loving Aespa, ITZY, TXT, ENHYPEN, I think those newer groups are worth stanning. Stray Kids are really super talented, have deep music, & good-looking.

STAYC's So Bad & ASAP slayed, Stereotype was pretty good too. I checked out Cherry Bullet and a few smaller rookie girl groups like woo!ah & fromis_9 because they covered SNSD and they are SO visually killer, talented, I feel like their talent is really criminally underrated!

Plus someone recently introduced me to Weki Meki.... (Ik ik I'm so behind on them ;( But they're having a comeback soon so maybe it's a good time to get into them!) PURPLE KISS's Zombie was really good. But yeah, I can't keep up w/all of them lol.

I'm really looking forward to HYBE NGG, JYPn and Kep1er tho. Hopefully more new gen leaders to lead us into the new generation of KPOP on strong footing!

Sorry for the massive wall of text tho lol. I'm just so excited and wanting to talk about KPOP with someone ;( I think we got pretty OT tho

• Following only one group or two is boring af. Music is life. :blehr:

Listen to Weki Meki. :pepe-cut:

New groups to follow will just keep on coming. :pepe-sad::pepelove1:

Obsessed with these recently:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!