Is Lisa the biggest individual kpop idol now?

• JK also did this with just a cover.....a goddamn surprise cover

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

he literally helped raise the sales of the original song

• oh this makes sense then, sorry i am not army since 2018 so i dont know how popular he got ^^^^ i still think lisa and jennie is more popular with boys tho :thumbup::thumbup:

• JK also did this with just a cover.....a goddamn surprise cover

he literally helped raise the sales of the original song

Just adding on more coverage of his "Falling" cover:

unknown.png

STEP Stan BTS STEP Anticipate them in 2022 STEP Visit bulletproof

211024-PTD-AMA.gif

• Jungkook is the King of Sold Out, even if he's not the biggest Kpop soloist. since he's not a soloist

unknown.png

211024-PTD-AMA.gif

• Tae also has the most streamed korean ost of all time on spotify without promo

JK has the most streamed song a male korean soloist on spotify with it being a bside solo song (euphoria) with no promo

Jimin has the most streamed bside of 2020 by a kpop act with filter again with no promo.

Jimin has the most streamed song on Soundcloud of all time.

None of them have been actively able to show their true solo power at all but if any of this is a taste.... than an actual release would be massive.

also

the last time we got a taste of a solo release (and even than it was a surprise release) was D-2 which was before BTS had a massive growth spurt everywhere after dynamite..... and even than D-2 literally charted #11 on the bb200 with his surprise drop with no physical sales.

since we've recently had Jin's OST which became the first korean OST to chart on Spotify Global again with little to no notice on when it was dropping with no promo at all (like BH and BTS didn't even post it cause its the drama's release).

either way all this is without a official solo debut that gets physical sales, promotion (teasers, performances etc), playlisting, etc. The above is literally all from songs/covers that were either dropped at surprise or are unpromoted bsides with no push at all (no MV, no performances except at concerts)

so imo

yes she's the biggest female kpop soloist but she's behind the BTS maknae line overall

to me its

BTS Maknae line

Lisa

Yoongi

• People are fighting? Where?

Armys entering a thread to dispute certain assumptions with facts, after BTS was brought in by others on the thread, is equivalent to that meme. Lol

I love the bubble Kpop stans live in, so when you show them some facts it's met with such reactions.

• Armys entering a thread to dispute certain assumptions with facts, after BTS was brought in by others on that thread, is equivalent to that meme. Lol

I love the bubble Kpop stans live in, so when you show them some facts it's met with such reactions.

And we've done nothing but calmly present facts as evidence? And suddenly it's tantamount to that meme? LMFAO. There's only one person who seems to be crying in here and it ain't us.

unknown.png

211024-PTD-AMA.gif

• We got to mention what he did with Teazen's Kombucha here, lol. Singlehandedly made that brand so profitable they even expanded operations.

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…,After%20winning%20the%20'2021%20Brand%20Of%20The%20Year'%20Award%2C,by%20donating%2050%20Million%20KRW&text=Back%20in%20March%202021%2C%20Jungkook,app%20what%20he%20was%20drinking.

• if I`m honest it doest feel that way to me. yg is kinda famous for making things bigger than they are, for example concerts being sold out but in reality they arent and such things. ofc you cant really change the sells. still to me it feels like she isnt. maybe because I`m an older fan and know artists like BoA. to me she is still the qeen of kpop and no Lisa & Co can change that. *shrugs*

With all respect to BoA, but you cannot deny that Lisa is bigger internationally. Look up the charts around the world then you have to accept the fact. The fact that Lisa is a bigger k-pop soloist, if not even bigger than Psy, I don't remember...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_(Lisa_song)

• I agree. As a female Kpop star, Lisa may well be the biggest right now. But to say that she's the biggest Kpop individual idol will be over reaching.

I also agree that if BTS get to have individual solo project (not just a B-side or mixtape), the question will be, "who will become the biggest name in Kpop, among them"?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!