Formula of Love Album Review (An album full of songs that sound familiar)

1. Scientist (Title track):
      solid track, slightly boring. i listened to it a couple times but it just didn't hit. the feels was nice, but i had parts that i didn't like, but overall it was a solid 8 (yves remix was a 10 to me), but this one doesnt have parts i dislike or really like. maybe it'll grow on me, but right now it's not that great to me. i love how they say Einstein tho.
      5/10: meh, no strong feelings for it except slight disappoinment.
    2. Moonlight:
      The chorus is beautiful, especially the last one with the adlibs, but in the start i feel like the instrumentals are rather loud? i wish their voices were a little bit louder than the instrumentals, and the adlibs were in more places.
      6.5/10: i like it but i'm going to wait for a clip of the last chorus and just listen to that.
    3. Icon:
      ICONIC SONG. very nice. can't remember anything but the chorus, but the chorus hits hard enough for the rest of the song to just be demonic chants. the lyrics are a little bit cringey in the rap part, but i dont mind it too much. very hot song.
      7.5/10: hits hard but everything other than the chorus seems like filler.
    4. Cruel:
      THE CHORUS OH MY GOD THOSE NOTES. IT'S LIKE OUTTA MY HEAD BUT TWICE OMG. again, i feel like most of the non chorus parts are filler. it sounds like it's straight out of a disney movie. i love the instrumentals in this one so much. it's really such a bop.
      8.5/10: VERY PRETTY. mina's voice has me simping.
    5. Real You:
      some how it's boring? i don't like it very much. for some reason momo and chaeyoungs voices grate on my nerves.
      3/10 skip. momo's voice hurts me physically in this one.
    6. F.I.L.A:
      i dont get the hype for this one. it's interesting but it's somehow forgettable. i prefer moonlight. it's definitely not a bad song but it's just not my taste.
      6/10: wouldn't skip it but wouldn't look for it either.
    7. Last Waltz:
      Cry for me 2.0? I love it. has a haunting, and creepy feeling to it. A Halloween song released too late. sounds like vampires but idk. the "kiss me good bye" parts is so pretty. the chorus is sooooooo nice. the bridge is slightly disappointing but the dun dun dun dun dun dun part saves it.
      9/10 wow. was disappointed till here but this is such a good song
    8. Espresso:
      reminds me of a wannaone or exo song? not my taste. is sexy but i feel like it lacks flavor? another rather forgettable song to me. the build up is very nice, and it's beautifully executed but im not the right oe to appreciate it.
      7/10, well written, not for me.
    9. Rewind:
      i love it but elevator music? why are some of twice's best music so elevator music like? or do i just like elevator music? sounds like an ost also, playing in the background as the female lead drives away...
      9/10, puts me to sleep in a good, insomniac kind of way.
    10. Cactus:
      I love this style of music, but i cant help but think of it like a jpop song i've already heard? it falls a little flat compared to something i've already heard, BUT THE DRUMS OH MY GOD. IT'S SO PRETTY. WHAT DOES IT REMIND ME OF ISTG WHY AM I LIKE THIS. I SWEAR IT WOULD BE A TEN IF I WOULD STOP HUMMING SOMETHING ELSE EACH TIME THAT PART OF THE TUNE COMES UP. (does the tune sound like all mine by fx or am i tripping?)
      9.5/10: i cant remember what it reminds me of and until then i cant give it a ten because my head is a mess.
    11. push and pull:
      don't like it too much, not my style in general. it has a great build up and all but it's too jazz bar for me- and it sounds like something else twice has released.
      6/10, not my style. im sure other people can appreciate it more.
    12. hello:
      nct song? which nct song? cherry bomb? YES CHERRY BOMB. DONT TELL ME I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HEARS IT? IT SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE CHERRY BOMB.
      5/10, i never really liked cherry bomb.
    13. 1, 3, 2:
      AGAIN IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING BUT I CANT PUT MY FINGER ON IT. I REALLY CANT OMG. IM HAVING A FULL BLOWN MENTAL BREAKDOWN. IS pretty tho. IT SOUNDS LIKE A LATIN SONG? SOME SHAKIRA SONG MAYBE? I DONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME.
      7.5/10: WHAT THE HECK DOES IT SOUND LIKE
    14. Candy:
      retro perfection. can listen to this one for hours and hours for sure.
      9/10: peak twice
    15. the feels:
      8/10 has grown on me for
    16. Scientist remix:
      5/10. not better than or worse than the og.

overall: 6.9/10 (basically 7/10)
    solid album, not my style but i can appreciate it

BUT SO MANY OF THE SONGS SOUND FAMILIAR BUT I CANT PINPOINT IT

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I dont understand the appeal of Waltz, it is a skip for me, i guess i should give it another chance. Comparing this to a MASTERPIECE like Cry For Me is sacrilege X(X(.

I loved Cactus as well, it's Twice's first power ballad but ffs, i still cant get over how badly the song is mixed, the levels are all wrong and the voices sound misplaced in my earphones. I'm praying for another version of this.

Candy was great.

Scientist is their best title song this year and continues an amazing run for Twice since the debacle of ICSM.

Hello is definitely a guilty favorite, i dunno how it is objectively as a song but i freaking LOVE it lol.

132 and Moonlight are my other two faves on the album.

• "Hello" could be hotter with some tweaks. The hook has some stickiness to it. It's progress when it comes to Twice doing Hip-Pop. They could turn this to a fun interaction with Onces during a live concert by adding the fandom in the first line. 😉 I got you!

When I listen to this track, I can't keep the thoughts of Yuna's vibe out of the back of my head with how crazy she has been riding beats lately.

Hello doesn't sound like Cherry Bomb lol

maybe its just the chorus but i always start singing "im the biggest hit, im the biggest hit" once it hits the rap part

perhaps it doesnt sound similar to an nct stan, but to me it does

so idk

It's part of the rhyme cadence that feels familiar to some, but it's different from start to finish.

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• Must be kind of hard to identify similar sounding songs? It would be a challenge for me personally haha

the hard part is finding where the tune is from ngl

i'll hear a song, and then realize i've heard a part, and then hum that part till i figure out

1, 3, 2 was easier because the chorus has pretty much the exact same beginning as unstoppable by sia

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• the hard part is finding where the tune is from ngl

i'll hear a song, and then realize i've heard a part, and then hum that part till i figure out

1, 3, 2 was easier because the chorus has pretty much the exact same beginning as unstoppable by sia

Ah, I see.

Ngl there are a few bits here and there from Formula of Love that sound familiar to me... I just don't know from where. :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!